FF's trying to get back on the wagon training

After my deload I'm just going to have a week of "playing" - i.e. just doing some med/high volume stuff before going on to cycle 3 of 5/3/1. A couple more cycles, and then I'm going to mix it up, maybe do some westside barbell hybrid. Will see how I feel in a month's or so time. :)

Fun - Push / Pull session

Bench Press
BORs
Dips
Chins

Lots of mobility warm up - felt goooooood.

Gym was amazingly empty.

Bench:

Bar*20
60*12
80*8
90*5
100*5
105*5
110*5

Dropset 60*11 - dat pump

BORs:

60*8
70*8
80*8
90*8
100*5
105*5

Dips:

BW*8
20*8
40*6
BW*9

Neutral grip chins:

Really struggled with these - so much bicep activation!

BW*8
10*8
20*5
BW*7

Really struggled with those today - dead!

Quite a fun session overall - quick and in and out (just how I like it ;)).

Actually spent about 15mins helping some people with their squats - they came and asked me for help, so I did - they got it really well and seemed to continue to do well. Wish I could spot myself to see if I'm going by my own advice! :p

Got a fun sesh with a trainer on Friday (strength coach that sometimes comes into the gym) just a casual **** around - always end up dead after those sessions though! :D Might see if he can give me some tips on some Oly lifts.

More Fun training

Overhead squat warmup

Bar*10
30*10
40*8

Back squats

60*10
100*5
120*5
130*5
140*5
145*2
150*2

Dropset 100 *11

Deadlifts

70*8
110*5
130*5
150*5
160*5
180*3
200*3
150*6

Some mobility work and that's it. Limited on time, and tired. Still - not bad sesh. Not that happy with the deads, but meh - it'll do. :)

Fun sesh lined up on Friday, including some bag work methinks! :D

Unplanned **** around session

Well was planning on doing some mobility, and a bit of conditioning work today. And a guy wanted to do some trap deads and a bit of chin/dip ring work. So I though - sure, why not... though I had done deads a couple of days ago, still feeling a bit tight but meh, it was a bit of fun.

Trap Bar Deads:

60*10
100*8
120*5
150*5
170*3
190*3
200*1
210*1
220*1
230*1
240*f
240*f

Just couldn't get the bar off the ground with good form and 230 it was looking a bit weak. Considering the lack of recovery time from Wednesday - it did feel ****ing great! :D

Ring Dips supersetted with chins:

BW*5 // BW*5
20*5 // 20*5
20*5 // 20*5
20*5 // 20*5
BW*6 // BW*6

And that was it - damn I'm in pieces! Going to have to do some conditioning/OLY work over the weekend, and then back onto Cycle 3 of Wendler.

Then I'll start a new log for when I try out westside barbell again - I loved that sort of training - but I always bastardise them to make them FF Hybrid training! :D

Last edited:
Volume / power / tweakability. I just like to change things a little. It's one of the routines I'm familiar with too. It's just another programme to give structure, but I then tweak it to suit my needs. Just like 5/3/1 - it's a basis, but then tweak it accordingly. :)

Yeah starting to get back to it - squats are still a little lagging behind - but I'm working on those. :)

Cycle 3 - 5 Rep Bench Day

What a great session! :cool:

Bench

Bar*20
40*10
60*8

77.5*5
87.5*5
100*10

DS 60*13 - felt invincible and then it just died! :D

Ring Dips:

Bw*8
10*5
15*5
20*4
10*4
BW*7

Incline alt db bench

24*6
30*6
34*5

Regular incline db press dropset sort of thing

36*4
30*4

Couldn't even hold it by the end if the session.

I've got some vids of me doing dips - but they're not very good angles but happy to post them if people are interested. :)

Wobble 10kg for 5 reps - lost concentration and core stability so messy :(

A better set here of 15kg for 5 reps - more stable and locked core.

Tried a different angle but phone fell over as the ***** behind me were chucking weights on the floor.

Bodyweight dips - rushed a little.

Overall, the angle of filming and my form doesn't make for a great vid (irrespective of my previous exercise), sorry I didn't get the 20kg either. I'll try and get a better vid next time - I found a better place to it - typically after I had finished.

Love how I can see my abs poking through my sweatshirt - don't love my fat gut :(

Looks good FF. Much more stable that I was on the ones in the gymnastics centre.

How much weight did you increase to? It starts to get exponentially harder as you go up.

Fresh - i.e. other than just a bit of warm up, I can rinse out 10 reps now bodyweight with hardly any lateral movement which I'm dead chuffed about. :)

How'd you get on with them? I have to say I love them now, and doing regular dips feel strange in comparison.

When I first started doing them I could hardly do 1 - and I was wobbling all over the place! Such a humbling exercise - 4 months on, and I'm now where we are.

Nice! Looks solid to me to be fair!

Out of interest, how do you know how to set up width for rings? Or is it really easy to adjust?

kd

If the chin/pull up station is feel I usually tie them up there as the width is spot on, there it was the TRX machine, it should be shoulder width apart.

Back
Top Bottom