FIA Formula E Championship

Man of Honour
OP
Still makes no sense as itv4 is free, so why the hell would you pay. and as far as I can tell. All countries with have their own deals, so I can't see it being anything to do with EU.

But as you say for us, who cares.

Man of Honour
OP
FIA Formula E Championship - Official pre-season test days:

July 3 & 4 2014 Donington Park
July 9 & 10 2014 Donington Park
August 19 2014 Donington Park

All pre season testing is free to the public to go watch. I may just have to take them up on that, If I can fit it in.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

There's going to be an "e vehicle" enclosure at the first test - I've been invited to attend with my ebike!

Man of Honour
OP
Virgin to announce their drivers by the end of next week, they have some teaser trailers up, if anyone wants to try and guess who they are.

What e-bike you got?

I want an ebike, but they're like 10k and well I don't want to pay more than 1k, but there's no old second hand ones about obviously.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Virgin to announce their drivers by the end of next week, they have some teaser trailers up, if anyone wants to try and guess who they are.

What e-bike you got?

I want an ebike, but they're like 10k and well I don't want to pay more than 1k, but there's no old second hand ones about obviously.

Off topic but self built. Maybe we can create a new thread if we want to discuss more.

IMAG06991_zps44cfe93f.jpg

IMAG03911_zps2fa04726.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
OP
Nice bike, didn't you post the build in another thread? Or was that someone else?

Virgin have announced their drivers,

Jaime Alguersuari
Spaniard Alguersuari became the youngest-ever driver to make a Formula One race appearance in 2009 when he competed for Toro Rosso. After success at junior level, he moved into British Formula 3, once again making records by becoming the youngest-ever driver to take the title during his debut year (2008), securing five wins along the way and earning him a Formula One test with Red Bull. In 2009 he signed for the Toro Rosso F1 Team producing two top-10 finishes in his first full season (2010) and remaining with the team the following year before switching to become the Pirelli tyre test driver for F1.

Sam Bird
Briton Bird is a proven race winner who narrowly missed out on the GP2 Series title last season after claiming an impressive five victories. Prior to this he has been shortlisted for the
McLaren Autosport BRDC Award, enjoyed successful campaigns in Formula Renault 3.5 and sampled Formula One machinery for both the Williams and Mercedes F1 teams. This year he's racing for Ferrari in the FIA World Endurance Championship

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hmm...

The part of me that thinks Formula E is going to be a flop is really annoyed Sam Bird is in it and not in GP2 lined up for an F1 seat.

But the part of me excited about Formula E is glad I have a driver I like to cheer on.

We shall see...

Soldato
I don't think the opportunities are there for him in F1 at the moment and can't see that changing in the near future which is a shame. The owner of Russian Time dying has made it so there is little chance for him to get a GP2 seat without needing money to back him.

It's definitely a gamble but I guess the majority of the drivers who have signed up to drive have done so in the hope that it takes off, a lot of them don't have much to lose!

Man of Honour
OP
If anyone wants to attended ore season testing, registration is up.
http://www.donington-park.co.uk/event-form/

I want to, but I just don't know how good it will be. Are stalls going to be open, will you be able to meet the drivers. Plus I don't know what I'll be working for those dates yet.
Still If nothing else go take some pictures for a few hours, as it's free would seem like a waste not going.

Man of Honour
OP
Teams take delivery of their first car each, be so much better in season two when at least two of them teams will build their own cars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom