• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0

Soldato
Quite the accusation that...

Perhaps Alex had already been working on the video before he became aware of it? Just because the video was uploaded after their podcast doesn't necessarily mean that the GOW video wasn't in the works before that.

But yes, there should be a follow up to it. Maybe tag him on twitter to get an answer?

You can see people have tagged him already saying they don't see it and he has responded i.e.

I do believe he became aware of this while in the process of the FSR 2.0 vs DLSS comparison. Which is why I can't make excuses for him. As the information was fresh at the time. He knew FSR 2.0 wasn't compatible with DX11 and he knew AMD had a hard stance that they aren't supporting FSR 2.0 with DX11. Within that week he had ample time to amend his video to include this information be it thumbnail, title, in the description of the youtube video, or include it in the video, etc. Just before final release of the review.

All I can say is that he didn't include that information. And, from my view, made it look like AMD supported FSR 2.0 in DX11 when we know otherwise. And that's were it stands when you become aware of what he said in the other video.

Last edited:
Caporegime
And this is exactly why I value temporal stability above all else:

That's not even the worst case scenario either.

Hopefully FSR 2 will somewhat improve it but it's 50/50 as to if it will improve it or if it will make it even worse..... Shame they won't add dlss.

Associate
Techpowerup has a FSR 1.0 vs. FSR 2.0 vs. DLSS comparison review up for the Cyberpunk 2077 FSR 2.0 modded implementation.

FSR 2.0 over FSR 1.0 is a very noticeable upgrade in image quality at a slight performance cost and it also eliminates excessive shimmering in comparison to FSR 1.0.
The most noticeable issue with this FSR 2.0 mod is excessive ghosting while driving a car (similar to DLSS 2.1) and ray traced reflections are sometimes rendered at very low resolution, although in-game screen space reflections are not affected by this issue.
The FSR 2.0 mod conflicts with the in-game motion blur so it's recommended to turn motion blur off.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Well they add it probs cos its easier and some games like say x4 say adding fsr 2 would be nice but our game doesnt have temporal info which is needed for it cos of taa?

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=446009 dev responses in this thread.

That is true but hitman and f1 22 has taa/dlss so would have the motion vectors it needs, that and apparently if a game has dlss, it makes it easier and quicker for fsr 2.

Given how bad the aliasing and shimmering is in se 5, it must be missing taa though

Soldato
Make sure that the game has the Renderer Mode set to D3D12 in the Advanced Video Settings.

It brings into prospective who you can really trust when a modder knows FSR 2.0 great secret and explains it in his github. Is far more informative, insightful, honest and unbias then a reviewer who knew it and never mentioned it in his IQ comparison.

Soldato
OP
Great to see the community taking this into their own hands rather than having to wait on amd.

Is there a reason why developers are still adding FSR 1 rather than FSR 2 to their games i.e. f1 22, hitman and se 5 being examples, seems a bit odd to keep adding the inferior option :confused:

Not something I can really comment on. Am sure they are a reason probably more than likely it was already planned to be added in the first place and just continued down the road map. I know for sure dev teams have road maps and targets to hit.

Caporegime
I still need to get this come next payday, Loved the 1st, Was a blast in co-op.
The second is a bit of a flop unfortunately and not as good as the first game. However I’ll be giving this a go as I have it installed and am currently using FSR 1.0 in it to run RT at 4K. Gets around 40-55 fps with FSR UQ.

Soldato
Was DL2 made/Published buy AMD ?
Different Nvidia users, different attitudes:

Getting close to double your fps in CP after hacking DLSS files to run FSR 2 as his 1080 is not supported/locked out of DLSS-delighted with the results and distrubutes their mod.

Nvidia DLSS user constantly critiscising Amd for bankrolling and developing an open source non agnostic upscaler open to all hardware-still isn't good enough aparantly.:p

Caporegime
Was DL2 made/Published buy AMD ?
No but it does have FSR 1 and again... as per amds very own marketing material:

sZP0ito.png

Which seems pretty accurate if some guy in his room can inject it into games with dlss far quicker than a company worth billions.

As Roy said a while back, this is what amd want, they want to develop solutions which require amd to be hands off and let the industry do as they please, which is obviously working out great here for FSR 2 now, nothing wrong with that and clearly shown to be a big win now since it seems like this will work with any game that has dlss. Since amd either can't spare the money, time or/and resources to work with developers, this is their best path and where full open source wins.

Different Nvidia users, different attitudes:

Getting close to double your fps in CP after hacking DLSS files to run FSR 2 as his 1080 is not supported/locked out of DLSS-delighted with the results and distrubutes their mod.

Nvidia DLSS user constantly critiscising Amd for bankrolling and developing an open source non agnostic upscaler open to all hardware-still isn't good enough aparantly.:p
:rolleyes:

Clearly someone still can't comprehend the points that have been raised.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom