• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0

Soldato
OP
I'm sure deep down all the amd fans are secretly wishing that were true :cry: ;)

EDIT:

Video comparing perf. and motion, so seems like these modders are able to get performance on par with dlss now in RT workloads?

Looks like amd should be hiring them and getting rid of the current FSR 2 driver guys :cry:

I know you probably joking "are you" but surely it's on the devs making the game to ensure the quality of FSR 2.0?

Amd don't make games :D

Caporegime
I know you probably joking "are you" but surely it's on the devs making the game to ensure the quality of FSR 2.0?

Amd don't make games :D

It's amds solution, FSR 1 and FSR 2 "official" implementations don't gain the same performance gain as dlss in RT workloads (was one of the things I highlighted a few times but never got an answer to it.... TPU and DF also have mentioned it but always put it down to nvidia having tensor cores to help with perf.) so it seems like modders are doing something to fix/improve this compared to amds "official" implementations? That's what the "Looks like amd should be hiring them and getting rid of the current FSR 2 driver guys" comment was in reference to.

EDIT:

Of course we could also say it is down to the game developers not getting the best from FSR 2 in terms of performance and not amd, which is highly possible but to have the same happening in all games by different development studies and different engines indicates something on amds end imo.

Maybe with the way the modders are injecting it in and appear to be using dlss's tuning is explaining the perf. increase? In which case, yes amd owners should be thanking nvidia for their "free dlss" :cry: :D

Associate
Techpowerup has a Dying Light 2 FSR 2.0 Community Patch review up!

Soldato
Techpowerup has a Dying Light 2 FSR 2.0 Community Patch review up!

FSR2 is looking quite impressive.

Caporegime

This injection from the modders seems to have better temporal stability and reconstruction too than the "official" FSR 2 implementation but at the cost of pretty bad ghosting (modders have said they can't fix this but wouldn't be surprised if they do at some point).

I wouldn't be surprised if we see nvidia try to lock this down though.....

Associate
Really? Why would nvidia care? FSR 2.0 is great for non-RTX owners but it's still inferior to DLSS (which I suspect is going to be bumped to v3.0 with the launch of the 4000 series). The way DLSS is implemented has allowed this modding to happen and it's also allowed RTX owners to freely swap out the DLSS DLLs as new ones are released which has created a lot of goodwill with RTX owners - nvidia have nothing to gain by trying to stop this.

Caporegime
Really? Why would nvidia care? FSR 2.0 is great for non-RTX owners but it's still inferior to DLSS (which I suspect is going to be bumped to v3.0 with the launch of the 4000 series). The way DLSS is implemented has allowed this modding to happen and it's also allowed RTX owners to freely swap out the DLSS DLLs as new ones are released which has created a lot of goodwill with RTX owners - nvidia have nothing to gain by trying to stop this.
I agree, there is no reason for them to stop it as dlss is still ahead in terms of "overall" quality but this is nvidia... I'm pretty sure they won't like modders piggy backing on their dlss implementation. If they are going to do it, they'll do it in such a way which will just so happen to break the modders workaround i.e. they'll say it wasn't intentional and had to make changes to improve their dlss or something along those lines which just conveniently breaks this fsr 2 hack.

Soldato

This injection from the modders seems to have better temporal stability and reconstruction too than the "official" FSR 2 implementation but at the cost of pretty bad ghosting (modders have said they can't fix this but wouldn't be surprised if they do at some point).

I can't get FSR2 working on RDR2, DX12 simply doesn't work for me, Only Vulkan, Tried all sorts of settings, No mods, No overclocks etc... it freezes 2 seconds into the loading screen when I try to load either the story or the benchmark.

Caporegime
RDR 2 FSR 2 Review:

Compared to native TAA, FSR 2.0 image quality is a very noticeable upgrade across all resolutions. The in-game TAA solution has a very blurry overall image across all resolutions except 4K, and very poor rendering of small objects detail—tree leaves, for example. All of these issues with the in-game TAA solution were resolved with this unofficial FSR 2.0 community patch.

However, as this mod is not an official implementation, it has some issues TAA and DLSS 2.4 do not. The most noticeable of those with this FSR 2.0 mod is excessive ghosting on NPCs at medium and far distances, very noticeable shimmering issues at lower resolutions, such as 1080p, and black trails on power lines while moving. In some scenarios, it may even look like smearing, which most people will find quite distracting. The issue with power lines is probably due to the lack of proper masking because it needs different mask inputs vs. DLSS 2.4 to hide things such as particles from the reconstruction. Also, the FSR 2.0 mod conflicts with in-game motion blur, creating black borders around the image as if squinting, so we recommend turning motion blur off.

Compared to DLSS 2.4, FSR 2.0 provides a similar level of image quality if we exclude the few issues described earlier, which may of course be fixed in the future. FSR 2.0 even surpasses DLSS 2.4 in the level of detail rendered in vegetation and tree leaves. Overall, with FSR 2.0 applied, small details in the distance are rendered more correctly and completely, and the image is less blurry and oversharpened at lower resolutions. The most noticeable difference between the in-game TAA solution and FSR 2.0 is at lower resolutions. In Quality mode, FSR 2.0 manages to deliver better performance and drastically better image quality while running at lower internal resolution. Compared to native resolution, the FSR 2.0 performance uplift is a great improvement to the game, and compared to DLSS 2.4 in this game, FSR 2.0 basically works identically to DLSS 2.4 in terms of performance gains at 1080p and 1440p, but at 4K resolution, DLSS 2.4 is superior than FSR 2.0 in terms of performance gains.

RDR 2 is one of them games with an awful TAA implementation and a case of where DLSS/FSR 2 IQ is superior compared to native+TAA.

Soldato
RDR 2 FSR 2 Review:

RDR 2 is one of them games with an awful TAA implementation and a case of where DLSS/FSR 2 IQ is superior compared to native+TAA.

Couldn't get it to work on my rig, No idea why, Latest driver, Windows fully up to date, Did the mod correctly but the game freezes at the loading screen after pressing enter to load the story or even the built in benchmark, The game only works under Vulkan for me which means no FSR2 mod.

Funnily enough someone in my discord said after the latest update DX12 doesn't work for him either, Only Vulkan but he's on a 3080 so it can't be anything to do with the driver.

Caporegime
Couldn't get it to work on my rig, No idea why, Latest driver, Windows fully up to date, Did the mod correctly but the game freezes at the loading screen after pressing enter to load the story or even the built in benchmark, The game only works under Vulkan for me which means no FSR2 mod.

Funnily enough someone in my discord said after the latest update DX12 doesn't work for him either, Only Vulkan but he's on a 3080 so it can't be anything to do with the driver.
I think I had a few crashes with dx 12 too, although this was several months ago. Saw no reason to use dx 12 anyway as vulkan performed better and iirc, hdr was/is broken with dx 12 as well.

Soldato
OP
Division 2 is also very bad, it's crying out for DLSS/FSR 2.0.

The PC scene is where its at these days thanks a lot to modding community.
Think of all the games that set standards that come from modding.

Csgo, league of legends just to name a few theses then create spin offs and you get more games from similar ideas.

Open source software is massive, it's this what sets PC gaming apart from consoles.

FSR 2.0 being open allows for this to happen.
Edit
For some reason I replied to the wrong comment.

Was aimed towards @LtMatt

Caporegime
TD2 is getting DLSS2 apparently, A number of months ago someone tweeted at the studio asking if DLSS is a possibility and they said "It's something we've got planned".
Yup heard that myself, but the current *very* small dev team can't seem to find their arses with both hands atm so not holding my breath.

Caporegime
The PC scene is where its at these days thanks a lot to modding community.
Think of all the games that set standards that come from modding.

Csgo, league of legends just to name a few theses then create spin offs and you get more games from similar ideas.

Open source software is massive, it's this what sets PC gaming apart from consoles.

FSR 2.0 being open allows for this to happen.
Edit
For some reason I replied to the wrong comment.

Was aimed towards @LtMatt
Could not agree more, but it'll see widespread adoption by developers, never mind modding efforts by the community on top of that.

Back
Top Bottom