• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0

Caporegime
Division 2 is also very bad, it's crying out for DLSS/FSR 2.0.

It's one of the better implementations I found. As above, it is in the works but tbh, I couldn't really care less as I no longer play it :p

Future's definitely looking bright for FSR 2.

IMO it'll go the way of FSR 1 with widespread adoption by game developers.

Was it ever expected to not pick up widespread adoption? The problem amd have right now with fsr 2 "official" implementations is speed but it will eventually pick up as had happened with FSR 1.

It's a shame amd won't get involved with nvidias solution of being able to integrate all 3 at the same time though, are you aware of any reason why amd aren't wanting to? As it would save the developers a lot of time and faff if they could integrate all 3 solutions in one go, after all isn't this what AMD want i.e. to help developers and the industry as much as possible? And given the recent efforts by modders piggy backing on dlss, in theory, it should be very easy for amd to integrate with this solution.

sTDnmqT.png

The PC scene is where its at these days thanks a lot to modding community.
Think of all the games that set standards that come from modding.

Csgo, league of legends just to name a few theses then create spin offs and you get more games from similar ideas.

Open source software is massive, it's this what sets PC gaming apart from consoles.

FSR 2.0 being open allows for this to happen.
Edit
For some reason I replied to the wrong comment.

Was aimed towards @LtMatt

Being a big modder in the day so to speak.... I've found the modding scene pretty poor lately, developers/launchers are locking games down more and more and it is also more difficult to mod games these days.

I'm still expecting modders to be able to fix the ghosting issues with this FSR 2 hack though, even though the guy has already said he can't do much and it is up to amd/game developers with their official implementation, I suspect there will be something somewhere that can be done.

Man of Honour
The Division 1 and 2 already has resolution scaling/ability to render above native resolution into an off-screen buffer, TAA and any motion information required due to existing features - it really shouldn't be a difficult game to implement either DLSS or FSR into.

Soldato
JediFragger:
Nothing is really selling well for them for a while now, they're pulling a lot of stuff back at present and hoping to be bought out (like that cluster**** EA).

I really don't understand Ubi - they have a ton of hot IP but seemingly not great ability to execute on it.

Problem is Ubisoft have developed themselves into a corner, Look at all of their latest games for each of their IP's, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Assassins Creed Valhalla, Watchdogs_Legion, Far Cry 6, All of their games follow the same sort of formula with ingame mechanics, You could infact make a case that FC6 is an FPS version of Wildlands, Watchdogs_Legion and The Division could infact be the same game at different points in time i.e prior to the green poison and Assassins Creed as of Origins isn't really Assassins Creed anymore, It's an RPG franchise with over the top fantasy elements that has very little to do with what made Assassins Creed great, Parkour and the real world, The last time we had that was Unity, Syndicate was decent but that started to veer off into the silly.

It's a shame they are developing the new Avatar game as I can already see what it's going to be "Young Na'vi warrior, Go climb that tree and scout the area while at the same time uncovering more of the map where other enemies are and then go to the next camp" XD

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Watchdogs_Legion and The Division could infact be the same game at different points in time

That isn't really a bad thing - RS6 also plays into the same game universe - though somewhat something after the fact there is a link between the Hunters and Vigil.

Nail the mechanics and a good story line and a TD game would sell a ton.

EDIT: TD2 really is an illustration of why you don't **** with a winning formula - they messed around too much with the good bits of TD1 to the detriment of the game while not doing enough to improve on the areas which needed work.

Soldato
That isn't really a bad thing - RS6 also plays into the same game universe - though somewhat something after the fact there is a link between the Hunters and Vigil.

Nail the mechanics and a good story line and a TD game would sell a ton.

EDIT: TD2 really is an illustration of why you don't **** with a winning formula - they messed around too much with the good bits of TD1 to the detriment of the game while not doing enough to improve on the areas which needed work.

TD1 worked well, New York city in a permanent winter/christmas setting was excellent for great atmosphere, Gave an eerie feeling to the place and kind of reminded me of the film "I Am Legend".

Washington DC though is BIG with not a lot to fill it, Just feels big for the sake of being big like most of Ubi's game worlds now.

Caporegime
It's a shame they are developing the new Avatar game as I can already see what it's going to be "Young Na'vi warrior, Go climb that tree and scout the area while at the same time uncovering more of the map where other enemies are and then go to the next camp" XD
Thankfully it's by massive and based on the snowdrop engine so I'm expecting it to be better than the usual snore fest of aco and FC games but wouldn't be surprised it ends up being similar to them....

Soldato
Division 2 is also very bad, it's crying out for DLSS/FSR 2.0.
:confused:
Division 2's AA is absolutely impeccable, and even when reconstructing from a lower res it actually does a better job than any FSR 2.0 implementation to date, and this is years before even DLSS was a thing (which it is very much comparable with). On an overall graphical & technical level TD2 is only really matched by Forza Horizon 4 as far as who takes the top spot of pre-RT games.

Caporegime
:confused:
Division 2's AA is absolutely impeccable, and even when reconstructing from a lower res it actually does a better job than any FSR 2.0 implementation to date, and this is years before even DLSS was a thing (which it is very much comparable with). On an overall graphical & technical level TD2 is only really matched by Forza Horizon 4 as far as who takes the top spot of pre-RT games.
Nah I get some real dodgy shimmering tbh, not impressed sometimes.

Soldato
Well I got FSR2 to work in RDR2 finally but when I enable it ingame, Regardless of Balanced, Quality or performance setting, I get a very odd white snow effect that slowly fades away, As seen in the video below.

Soldato

Modder tweaks AMD FSR 2.0 to render at native resolution in Metro Exodus, makes AMD's equivalent of NVIDIA DLAA

Caporegime
All these modders working with FSR open source code must be hating life at the moment eh?:p

Can anyone see a new DLSS branch getting rushed out the door?
Maybe DLSS doesn't need a new branch/version? Given that dlss is already very good (no issues with motion blur being enabled, no ghosting etc.) and already is in most games people care about and being added to pretty much every game that comes out.... ;) Bet game developers are hating life when it "just works" eh :D

Caporegime
It's a shame amd won't get involved with nvidias solution of being able to integrate all 3 at the same time though, are you aware of any reason why amd aren't wanting to? As it would save the developers a lot of time and faff if they could integrate all 3 solutions in one go, after all isn't this what AMD want i.e. to help developers and the industry as much as possible? And given the recent efforts by modders piggy backing on dlss, in theory, it should be very easy for amd to integrate with this solution.

sTDnmqT.png

No one got any ideas why amd aren't on board with this then? It's a genuine question :)

Man of Honour
No one got any ideas why amd aren't on board with this then? It's a genuine question :)

Probably because they don't want nVidia Streamline branding slapped on the front end of any effort and all people remembering is nVidia regardless of what technology is running beneath it.

Soldato
Probably because they don't want nVidia Streamline branding slapped on the front end of any effort and all people remembering is nVidia regardless of what technology is running beneath it.
They don't tend to push each others tech-Nv recomend FSR being disabled even when DLSS isn't available in their GFE settings, like GOW, FC6, Deathloop being some examples-basically every FSR title is disabled in GFE

Caporegime

Pretty much what I thought too but didn't want to say as know the usual kneejerk reactions that would happen if I made comment :p ;) Which kind of makes it rather amusing as amd and its fans always harp on about amd doing what's best for the industry, developers and gamers yet here we are.....

They don't tend to push each others tech-Nv recomend FSR being disabled even when DLSS isn't available in their GFE settings, like GOW, FC6, Deathloop being some examples-basically every FSR title is disabled in GFE

Whilst that is true, it's pretty obvious this streamline solution is wanting all parties involved, hence intel being onboard with it and nvidias very own comment on what this sets out to achieve:

Streamline is an open-sourced cross-IHV solution that simplifies integration of the latest NVIDIA and other independent hardware vendors’ super resolution technologies into applications and games. This framework allows developers to easily implement one single integration and enable multiple super-resolution technologies and other graphics effects supported by the hardware vendor.

Back
Top Bottom