• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution in 2021

Soldato
Fair, didn't realise that was in so many games!

Fingers crossed as things like dlss/FSR will give gpus so much more longevity especially if ray tracing keeps getting added going forward.

Yep its a feature I do really want even if I did laugh at DLSS when first released its become a very good feature to have not perfect like a lot of people in here would make you believe.

I should be getting my 4k monitor end of this month so FSR will be much needed :D

Associate
CAS was added to Cyberpunk 2077 recently. Some of the FFX suite is still fairly new, as we know FSR option still isn't available, fingers crossed it will be an option in some games come June

Caporegime
Its an odd one, was only the other week AMD said they didn't know how they were going to do it yet, and now, its already in the hands of the devs, thats some quick work that, deciding on how they are going to do it, and then getting it done and out to the devs already. :p

Soldato
Its an odd one, was only the other week AMD said they didn't know how they were going to do it yet, and now, its already in the hands of the devs, thats some quick work that, deciding on how they are going to do it, and then getting it done and out to the devs already. :p

Really? It was only few days ago AMD's Frank was saying information will be talked about very soon.

Did you get your AMD saying from one of these fake websites.

Soldato

Well if they didn't use ML then it is entirely possible to code an upscaling algorithm pretty quickly if quite a few software guys are on the job, especially if they use some existing technique and improve it. Something like Sapphire TrixxBoost could be used but then improve the scaling with other techniques.

Caporegime
AMD may have decided to go for a simpler implementation for the time being and then go fully hardware in RDNA3, which would make sense if they're fast-tracking it.

Soldato
AMD may have decided to go for a simpler implementation for the time being and then go fully hardware in RDNA3, which would make sense if they're fast-tracking it.
If it works on all games then it might prove to be more useful than DLSS even if the quality isn't as good.

Caporegime
Yep its a feature I do really want even if I did laugh at DLSS when first released its become a very good feature to have not perfect like a lot of people in here would make you believe.

I should be getting my 4k monitor end of this month so FSR will be much needed :D

Very nice! :cool: Which monitor you going for?

4k and higher resolutions really shine a lot more now that games are using higher res. textures etc.

Soldato
Very nice! :cool: Which monitor you going for?

4k and higher resolutions really shine a lot more now that games are using higher res. textures etc.

LG 27GP950 - Nano IPS will be my first IPS panel, 160hz, HDR 600 although I am told from its monitor its releasing edge lit dimming zone of 16 let HDR down. But to be honest my TV us only HDR 400 and I notice a nice difference on PS4 with the last of us 2 so if I can get least that i'll be happy.

Caporegime
LG 27GP950 - Nano IPS will be my first IPS panel, 160hz, HDR 600 although I am told from its monitor its releasing edge lit dimming zone of 16 let HDR down. But to be honest my TV us only HDR 400 and I notice a nice difference on PS4 with the last of us 2 so if I can get least that i'll be happy.

Great monitor that, IPS is by far the best LCD panel tech. for monitors.

Soldato
OP

RDNA 3 rumours so far specifically mention there is no special hardware for FSR, which makes sense - AMD wants FSR to be open source which means it needs to be hardware agnostic and work on any GPU

Permabanned
RDNA 3 rumours so far specifically mention there is no special hardware for FSR, which makes sense - AMD wants FSR to be open source which means it needs to be hardware agnostic and work on any GPU

Leaking a true implementation of FSR arriving with RDNA3 would only hurt RDNA2 sales, and possibly RDNA3. AMD consider compute to be hardware agnostic, that doesn't mean they wouldn't design RDNA3 compute to perform better under certain/gaming usage as they have done to implement RT within RDNA2.

Associate
It appears that AMD are claiming FSR will give better image quality and colour than DLSS, it will be interesting to see how the FSR v DLSS battle pans out

Back
Top Bottom