FIFA 19

Ree

Ree

Associate
cracking looking card only downside is the m/m imo(which isn't the end of the world). not faced him yet but i bet he's a pain in the backside to play against.

Soldato
cracking looking card only downside is the m/m imo(which isn't the end of the world). not faced him yet but i bet he's a pain in the backside to play against.
His normal card is actually quite good despite his speed rating doesn't feel to slow and works well in holding midfield

Soldato
It's the inconsistency that is what makes it terrible.

They are blaming connection issues.

I don't have any issues with any other games. So why does only 1 game in 100 play smoothly? As in when I take control of my players they feel sluggish, have difficulty turning, can't drive as they should be doing. Then you play that 1 game where they turn up and think what is going on.

I have a 350mb connection. I get low pings in cs go and apex legends on PC. Yet I have connection issues in 99% of fifa matches.

It's the game and servers fault not us like they think it is.

I finally got Fifa 19 last week (borrowed if of a mate) - and its the same inconsistent pos game that fifa 18 was but seems worse.

Some games the players and ball are super speed mode..... I cant keep up!!!!
Some games seem fine - normal paced
Some games supers low and sluggish and players cant control ball or anything

Also seems that often if I pass to someone near a player it seems that the opposition can just charge through my player and steal it - even if I try and shield. Trying to turn and lose a player seems impossible Some games the opposition just sticks to you and every turn you make he mirrors.
The opposition always seems to find space down wing to run to line then drop back and manage to spin and cross and find someone's header which I have no chance to challenge for - easy goal....

I played 2 days and started in Div6 Rivals and cant see me ever getting out of there. Weekend league I won 50% (gold3) which seems fair considering my team is just a starter team playing mostly god squads.

Caporegime

what work rates would you prefer? I don't like any of my defensive players having high attack work rates and any of my offensive having high defensive. but i like my middle cam to have med/med so he doesn't knacker himself off the ball.

Caporegime
I finally got Fifa 19 last week (borrowed if of a mate) - and its the same inconsistent pos game that fifa 18 was but seems worse.

Some games the players and ball are super speed mode..... I cant keep up!!!!
Some games seem fine - normal paced
Some games supers low and sluggish and players cant control ball or anything

Also seems that often if I pass to someone near a player it seems that the opposition can just charge through my player and steal it - even if I try and shield. Trying to turn and lose a player seems impossible Some games the opposition just sticks to you and every turn you make he mirrors.
The opposition always seems to find space down wing to run to line then drop back and manage to spin and cross and find someone's header which I have no chance to challenge for - easy goal....

I played 2 days and started in Div6 Rivals and cant see me ever getting out of there. Weekend league I won 50% (gold3) which seems fair considering my team is just a starter team playing mostly god squads.

the players who are charging into you and giving you no time on the ball they are playing high pressure tactics. this nackers their stamina for later on in the game. it's best to keep your finger off the sprint button, turn away from them or play a first time pass or first time 1-2 with nearest players, etc. I played a guy who was coming in like a raging bull i had to stop sprinting and just turning away from him. i quickly scored 5 goals doing this beating him 8-3. their is a counter for everything you just need to adjust how you play in game to suit your opponent. the first 5 mins is crucial in identifying how your opponent will play and then adjust your defensive style and offensive style to suit.

Don
OP
So bored of playing this game at the moment, I have literally no interest in other games so am drawn to this cancer each evening! It doesn't help I was resigned to Rivals all weekend.

I'm also sick of playing 4231, what formation counters it best? I wish I could play with it as that's all I ever get destroyed from!

I also can't get the best out of CR7 and it makes me sad. I haven't even had him score from a corner yet :(

Last edited:
Soldato
There is non. 4231 is by far the most balanced formation. Either join them or play attacking like a 4222 or 4334 to try get at them but chances are you'll be countered.

Gg @Rids killing it lately made any changes to the team or your game play?

I got to 20 with 3 left wasnt playing great so left it. 93 Hazard was worse than Sterling for me

Don
OP
I have no idea how people find it so effective, the striker feels so isolated when I play it. But I appreciate it's all about build up play and keeping the ball, whereas my play is all about getting the ball forward asap. I doubt I can alter my play style seems as it's been that way for 20 years now haha.

Soldato
Gg @Rids killing it lately made any changes to the team or your game play?

Eusabio is the difference maker, he bangs them with either foot or his head. Completely reliable and has pulled my ass out of the fire more times than I can count.

Ok, I do play squad battles (on Legendary) till I hit Elite 1 so his record is padded a bit, but 300 odd games, 570ish goals, 150ish assists.

I don't ever see me changing him, I have a decent wedge of coins burning a hole in my pocket at the moment - was thinking of giving TOTY CR7 a try but I can't see him being an improvement on Eusabio.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have no idea how people find it so effective, the striker feels so isolated when I play it. But I appreciate it's all about build up play and keeping the ball, whereas my play is all about getting the ball forward asap. I doubt I can alter my play style seems as it's been that way for 20 years now haha.

i play the same way - all forward passes and looking for a scoring opportunity within 5 seconds of getting the ball. i use 4231.

i have my team set up specifically for crossing though. back post mainly minimum 5'11 striker required with very good jumping and accuracy stats.

the only teams i struggle against are those that play with attacking full backs on the overlap. it will usually leave them 2 on 1 on the wing every time. as i set my CDM's to over the middle.

the other teams i struggle against are those that ping pong passes into a very high rated player then hit a first time shot when it's played into the striker. i had salah score a first time 30 yard top corner finesse with his back to goal the other day. literally nothing you can do to stop this type of play.

my undefendable free kicks still works from various situations but isn't as effective from all over like it used to be. i had richarlison outjump van dijk by at least 2 feet to score a screamer the other day. van dijk was planted. zapata as well has scored a few which impressed me.

the new upgraded richarlison has took my play to another level he's amazing with both feet isnide the box now and a beast in the air. if he gets another IF he would be Icon level.

Caporegime
Any custom tactics/player instructions that the 4231 boys swear by?

Striker - get in behind, conservative interceptions, stay forward
LM/RM or wide CAM's - same as above
middle CAM - stay forward and conservative interceptions only

cdms - cover centre, stay back while attacking
LB and RB - stay back while attacking.

you then want players who suit your play style

Soldato
Messi is firing me towards Div 4, my style of play definitely suits having 2 agile hobbits up front. Learnt a few new tricks which js helping also, in particular the fake left go right i find is super effective but i never see anyone else use it.

Back
Top Bottom