FIFA 19

Soldato
I guess it makes sense you have to play a lot. I'm not expect to have a team full of Icons, but it'd be nice to have something a little better than just golds in my team. I don't have that much time to play. I guess this is why you're given the option to buy packs.
It also sucks that you need to be good at the game, because I'm not. Playing people online gets old when you can't win (which isn't helped when the team you're facing is 5+ overall skill points above yours). I appreciate that if you're good you can probably overcome having a worse team (to a degree), but I've already admitted I'm not. So I mostly play Squad Battles, which have limited rewards.

EDIT: Didn't actually mean this to turn into a moan, I was just interested how everyone else did it. Seems there's not much more I can do than I already am, unfortunately.

Permabanned
Well I am fairly crap, which is why I like better players, as it makes me slightly less crap. I wish I could resist buying packs but I am weak. :) Probably spent £500(thats half a 2080Ti for god sake, you idiot)....however I do have 800 hours play time.....

Next year I will be trying to resist buying any.......famous last words.

Caporegime
I guess it makes sense you have to play a lot. I'm not expect to have a team full of Icons, but it'd be nice to have something a little better than just golds in my team. I don't have that much time to play. I guess this is why you're given the option to buy packs.
It also sucks that you need to be good at the game, because I'm not. Playing people online gets old when you can't win (which isn't helped when the team you're facing is 5+ overall skill points above yours). I appreciate that if you're good you can probably overcome having a worse team (to a degree), but I've already admitted I'm not. So I mostly play Squad Battles, which have limited rewards.

EDIT: Didn't actually mean this to turn into a moan, I was just interested how everyone else did it. Seems there's not much more I can do than I already am, unfortunately.

the path they have went down is one where every year it's made to milk more money and time off people. the more time you spend playing fifa the less time you have to spend on other things. the more money you spend on fifa the less money you have to spend on other things too.

it's a lose / lose situation really and unless you really enjoy the game or have lots of time and or money it's pointless in playing ultimate team.

i'd also agree with the above that ultimate team makes the game before this it was just everyone picking real madrid online to play with against real madrid. which was boring after a few games.

this is the first time i've played fifa properly again in like 6 years and IMO it's gotten worse. you used to be able to compete as there was no icons and not many people had the best players and you could afford players easy enough to counter them if they did and overcome with skill. less so now. i played a guy the other day where every player in his team was either a prime icon or a TOTY player. you are talking about a team worth 20 million plus. he wasn't that good all you have to be is semi decent at passing to win with such a team as you just mash shoot after the final pass is made. the game is pay to win which goes against everything i believe in. paying for stuff should be for cosmetic use only in a competitive setting. it wasn't that often you came up against such teams but now it is in the higher divisions and especially in WL.

i'd advise you don't give EA any more money and just stop playing it. i guess the reason your moaning is it's not fun as you are at a huge disadvantage plus not being good. so you will never be able to get the better players. you really do need to play WL for the better rewards.

Soldato
Sold up my high valued players which I know will drop apart from Pogba and DeGea and will have around 1.5m for TOTS. Should be able to build a decent little team.

Don
OP
I have a pretty much settled team and will see what 1m can get me when prices come down TOTS come out.

41212 (2)

Ronaldo - Neymar
Mbappe
Nakata - Meunior - Matuidi
Sandro - Ramos - Varane - SMS
Courtois

Caporegime
----------------------- FB Ibra (untr) ----------------------

OTW Richarlison - Future Foden (untr) - POTM Lucas (untr)

------ 86 Henderson (untr) ---------- Fabinho (downgraded from 89 version to 85)

Carni mendy (untr) - Bailly - Sanchez - Valencia

-------- 87 Ederson (untr) --------------

that is my first team now I have gotten rid of Alisson, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Sanchez and Aurier

in my second team I just got rid of the keeper, striker and CAM all the rest are untradeable or cheap so won't lost much.

Don
OP
My worst start to the WL which is ironic as I've played my best FIFA. I've lost to 3 absolute duds, I just couldn't finish, the first game I had 27 shots, I never usually have over 10 in a game as I only tend to shoot in the area and when I 'know' the chance of scoring is extremely probable. Similar state in the other two losses too.

Turned it around and got 4 wins but still a killer, annoyingly the last game I was 3-1 down and changed to 4231, the formation I thought I was done with and won 4-3!

Soldato
6-4 to 13-7 this morning, some proper garbage although I scraped through some wins where the game was trying to make me lose. Don't think G1 is on the cards, sadly.

WL extended as well

Back
Top Bottom