FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 **spoilers** [20th July - 20th August 2023]

yes you faites la biz to french friends on the Med, cheeks & sincerely, versus the affected USA/UK adopted version

How long before Saudis create a womens league - Rishi can ask MBS .
I don't really understand who would be watching their mens leagues , did think that Greenwood could join his fellow compadre Ronaldo there, though.

He initial response says she wasn't, "I didn't like it". She then came out later downplaying it but I'd wager money that's after someone having a word with her to diffuse it.
There's plenty of things I've not liked but it's not as if I care much about them.

It could very well be she wasn't overly pleased by it but not too bothered in the grand scheme of things.

Pretty difficult to do anything other than guess about anything else unless she says something.

So until then, if that were to happen, I don't think I'll waste anymore time thinking about it.

Squad not arriving publicly to greet fans. A mate of mine took his lad to hopefully meet them and is devastated. Spineless athletes. Enjoy your silver medals losers.

Can't believe they didn't meet fans. Absolute scummy behaviour.

I realise there's a disappoint from the public in not having this opportunity to meet/celebrate/welcome the players .

However maybe before throwing labels such as 'spineless', 'scummy' and 'losers' at the players that you consider that the decision likely has not been at any point in the thoughts of them? or the coaches etc and could have been a logistical misstep or plan which has nothing to do with the players.

Now you might say "well they should have considered this as players and stepped in and said we want something public" however this is not their responsibility or focus after an intensive build up and tournament.

As with most aggrievances there's a natural need to give embodiment to the blame however on this occasion it's not the players like the tabloids will have you snap towards with sensationalist headlines.

Last edited:
They said on talksport yesterday that this is normal protocol for England mens team returning home, to go out the VIP escape. So it's probably done that way for security reasons and not at the players or coach request. And that there was only 40 people waiting.

Your man that kissed Jenni Hermoso is going to face some backlash now, It was definetely wrong of him, but i can understand in the heat of the moment, he just got a lil bit 2 excited

No such thing any more. He will probably lose his job because of this. Everyone is using this to get their few minutes in the spotlight to whinge about equality in sport despite womens sport in many areas being treated completely differently to their benefit. Thats never acknowledged though is it...

Your man that kissed Jenni Hermoso is going to face some backlash now, It was definetely wrong of him, but i can understand in the heat of the moment, he just got a lil bit 2 excited
I would understand this perspective a bit more if it was a kiss on the cheek, which isn't abnormal to see on the continent, but a full on peck on the lips is not something I would expect to see, even in the heat of the moment.

The reaction does seem a bit much though.

No such thing any more. He will probably lose his job because of this. Everyone is using this to get their few minutes in the spotlight to whinge about equality in sport despite womens sport in many areas being treated completely differently to their benefit. Thats never acknowledged though is it...
Would you be ok if your wife's boss acted like that?

Would you be ok if your wife's boss acted like that?

My partner works for the NHS so I would find it very strange. :p

They had just won the world cup. Emotions were high. If my partner had just won the world cup then I wouldn't find it that strange. If she was bothered by it then I would say something to the guy but i'm almost certain she wouldn't particularly care. She would just laugh it off.

Back
Top Bottom