1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy VII - Remake

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Rossi~, Jun 16, 2015.

1. eggyoke

Wise Guy

Three things I'm worried about:

1. How they handle the episodic thing.
    2. The combat system.
    3. Tetsuya Nomura being the director.

Regarding the episodic point; there's a (hopeful?) rumour floating around that it'll be done in two major parts with the end of the first game being the death of Aerith. Personally I'm fine with that as it does make sense on a plot level and how it sets up Episode 2.

However I can still see them "adding" content later like what they're doing with FFXV. I can see them releasing a semi-completed first episode but missing features like Gold Saucer, Chocobo Breeding, Summons, Fort Condor, Cosmo Canyon, "NEW Vincent/Yuffie backstory!" etc, and then releasing "content pack" DLC and dribbling them out until episode 2 arrives and repeating the process over again.

If I had to bet I'd say this is 90% going to be the case :(

2. StriderX

Capodecina

Honestly I’d be totally fine with some end game content that wasn’t in the original, it’d have to make sense, but it shouldn’t be a problem.

An expanded world is worth some money, there is also some leeway midway through the story for additional areas to open up.

I don’t want to just replay ff7 in HD, the original is fine enough, myself and plenty of other people want something different, I’m sure the majority in here agree.

Though tbh, what I’d really want is an expanded ff12 universe... that world map was gorgeous.

3. Tauren

Capodecina

FFXII was a weird one for me. It felt stupidly long, but also didn’t feel like there was much in it, like, it felt like I got to the final dungeon very quickly.

I’d be happy with added stuff to FF7. :)

4. eggyoke

Wise Guy

If the rumour about it being a 2 part thing is true then I'm wondering how Vincent and Yuffie will be handled.

I can see them being in the main game but it will be barebones, like they'll have lines and do what they must "minimum" for the main plot to work. However their individual stories will be released as DLC following the first game... which I guess I'm OK with if they do it right.

For example Yuffies DLC could be about Wutai. They might swerve Wutai in the Remake and do something else with it in DLC, like expand the battle arena in Pagoda tower or something.

Vincents DLC could expand on the Turks,Lucrecia and on Hojo's experiments.

They're obviously going to change events around and cut some out, I just hope they still adhere to the old story and don't change the history.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  5. wingman

Mobster

All to be taken with a pinch of salt, of course:

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-playable-demo/amp/

6. StriderX

Capodecina

7. ShortWarning

Mobster

Yup, sounds good to me! :)

8. kurosagi01

Gangster

As long as Golden Saucer is not some DLC and it's still part of main game i'm good, the opportunity to battle the "Weapons" is not a thrown in DLC too and you can battle them in your own time then that be good too.

9. elh_2009

Hitman

not to sure about this bit

As these are FULL games each will be in fact priced at 59.99 USD

i hope they dont make aload of stuff DLC making the full experince cos

10. Mark1989

Capodecina

As much as I want this part of me was hoping they would scrap this episode idea, I think I'll just wait till its all out and get it then in a complete package of some sort

11. wingman

Mobster

Patience of a saint. As much as that's a lovely idea, I don't think I could wait any longer than absolutely necessary to play this game, in any format.

I've never taken a day off for anything media related, but this is going to be a first :)

12. elh_2009

Hitman

same for me, as much as i have my doubts i will be getting the limited edition and take a couple of days off work

13. Mark1989

Capodecina

I just think waited this long what's another year or 2 by there standards haha.

I could of course change my mind as its all ages away either way

14. malachi

Sgarrista

New trailer released, finally game is going to released March 3, 2020 Worldwide.

15. Fubsy

Sgarrista

Well, they've lost a sale because I'd rather play Cyberpunk and come back to FF7 when it's all out and probably cheaper.

16. Uncle_Gravy

Mobster

I wasn't expecting to see a trailer this morning, or a release date, i'm pretty damn hyped.

17. Baz

Mobster

Looks like they might have lost turn based combat, which will be a big loss :(

18. Plainsong

Soldato

^Or a big gain.

I think it looks decent.

19. ZG002

Capodecina

They have defo lost it, we knew that ages ago. As long as it's not a copy of FF15 battle system it might be ok.

Something more like Crisis core would do and not feel too out of touch from the original series.

Time will tell though.

20. malachi

Sgarrista

I don't mind, seems more in line with the Crisis Core battle system which I enjoyed.

On that note, they should re-release Crisis Core and give it an HD update.