Firefox 4.0 available to download. Official Release tomorrow

Is there any way to get the old icons on this new black theme for ocuk? Im just too used tot he ones ocuk have with the blue theme. I just cant get on with the new "new post, new reply, no new reply" icons on side of topics. Also their doesnt seem to be a button for New Reply or New Topic just words.

Other than that i like the black theme just the icons for viewing list of topics on left i cant stand lol and the words where buttons should be.

Last edited:
I do belive however that removeing the check for update feature, is not good, for the general user.

A non techy person, is not going to guess that clicking on the about menue option is potentially going to engage the auto check for update feature..

A non-techy person isn't going to be checking for updates anyway.

Personally i change it anyway. :)

EDIT: Just updated, Now i have black text on a black background. :(

ibampy.png
Hmm weird I don't seem to get that issue, you're running FF4 I assume? Are you sure there isn't another style interfering?

Anyone else getting the black bg?

Ok, tried deleting all Stylish styles, Cleared cache. None helped.

- Only Styles i have are Black OcUK and the OcUK fav icon.

- Fresh install and profile of FF4 as of yesterday.
- Both Quick reply and reply boxes affected.
- Was fine until last update, with the image resize option. First time i'v had any issues like this with the dark theme. :(

Still have black text in reply and quick reply boxes..... WTF?

EDIT: Also get it in the edit pot text window too.

2rfzm38.png

Last edited:
Just tried changing text colour to white via the option in the toolbar above, which obviously works, but isn't a permanent change as it goes back to black each time.

Skyfall, out of interest do you have an older version of the style i can try out?

Old version before I changed all the icons etc...
http://chaoticsignal.com/uploads/329553239.txt

Edit: If that one works for you try updating again from userstyles, I've removed some code which may have been causing it that I accidentally left in because I was trying to do something but decided not to :)

Furthermore, all should update, fixed a few more icons and also made a very small tweak, can you tell what it is? :D

Last edited:
Are u using 1.1.1 of stylish?
Are you using any themes or addons that you have turned on? Not sure but maybe a theme or somit is conflicting somewhere.
Have you cleared your cachce?
Using 1.5 of OCUK dark (FF 3.6 & 4)?

Also ive edited back the old icons so nvm bout doing me a version with old icons anymore. That previous version u posted txt file helped.

Last edited:
Hate to bother you again Skyfall but is it possible to change 2 more bits of text from white --> black (on the DevianT theme)?
1. "Sorted By, Sort Order, From The" in the Display Options at the bottom of a forum.
2. The "Notifications" column in the UserCP/View All Sub'd Threads

If you let me know how its done I'll do it myself, I've got Firebug installed so I can find the element names no problem.

Old version before I changed all the icons etc...
http://chaoticsignal.com/uploads/329553239.txt

Edit: If that one works for you try updating again from userstyles, I've removed some code which may have been causing it that I accidentally left in because I was trying to do something but decided not to :)

Furthermore, all should update, fixed a few more icons and also made a very small tweak, can you tell what it is? :D
That one works fine, Thanks! :D

Removed and re added this one again - http://userstyles.org/styles/25712/overclockers-dark-v1-5-ff-3-6-4 - Still black text.

Thought i'd try using both, That results in white text and all the fancy new icons too. :)

No themes only using Stratiform.

The only thing i change in the style is the image resize option.
img, img:link {max-width:1200px!important}

Skeeter, yep, cleared cache ctrl + F5'ed too, no dice.

I've heard that IE9 download Firefox and Opera faster then IE8. Is this true? In that case I might Upgrade lol

FF4 seems fine so far, but my favorite skin doesn't work :(
Still, my main browser is opera.

Hate to bother you again Skyfall but is it possible to change 2 more bits of text from white --> black (on the DevianT theme)?
1. "Sorted By, Sort Order, From The" in the Display Options at the bottom of a forum.
2. The "Notifications" column in the UserCP/View All Sub'd Threads

If you let me know how its done I'll do it myself, I've got Firebug installed so I can find the element names no problem.
Fixed ;)

Like this....
I honestly do not know what's up because. Neither of those styles render my post box like that... Hmmm wait...

Look at my screeny... I have this resizable window as my textbox, I don't even know what feature that is!

916122514.png

I'm off to bed anyway, will have another look tomorrow.

Edit: Didn't go to bed quite yet because I wanted to run a little experiment and all I can say is that your PC/Browser is doing something to those text boxes, I have tried the style in Vista/7/linux FF4,3.6 & chrome and they all display it as in my screenshot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom