Firefox 4.0 available to download. Official Release tomorrow

Try using firebug and use Inspect object and click on the dark grey box and see what stuff shows up. Maybe diagnose the problem that way?

Also im wondering why you have (2) at the end of "overclockers dark v1.5 (FF3.6 & 4)" as it shouldnt have a (2) there.

Also what is View/Pagestyle showing as. Try switching between em see if that helps correct it tho i doubt it but meh try owt is my moto. :p

Edit - AHA I FOUND IT, edit a post of yours and see the icon top right its a/A click it. THATS the problem. :p

Last edited:
Sorry if it has been mentioned before and I missed it, this thread is a bit long, but I cant find a way to save and exit when I have multiple tabs open. The warning box comes up as usual telling me I am about to close multiple tabs, but the only options are 'close tabs' and 'cancel', whereas 3.6 also had a 'save tabs and exit' button.

If this feature is indeed missing that would suck and i would have to go back to 3.6, otherwise the feature is very well hidden. Either that or I'm just being a complete moron and cant find it :P

anyone know of a way to extend the bookmarks toolbar? at the moment it's set to just one line, but as i have a few bookmarks on the toolbar, rather than having to scroll through them, i'd like 2 lines instead.

Sorry if it has been mentioned before and I missed it, this thread is a bit long, but I cant find a way to save and exit when I have multiple tabs open. The warning box comes up as usual telling me I am about to close multiple tabs, but the only options are 'close tabs' and 'cancel', whereas 3.6 also had a 'save tabs and exit' button.

If this feature is indeed missing that would suck and i would have to go back to 3.6, otherwise the feature is very well hidden. Either that or I'm just being a complete moron and cant find it :P

type "about:config" into the address bar. find and set this to "true".

browser.showQuitWarning

anyone know of a way to extend the bookmarks toolbar? at the moment it's set to just one line, but as i have a few bookmarks on the toolbar, rather than having to scroll through them, i'd like 2 lines instead.

install stylish: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/
then install this style: http://userstyles.org/styles/29428

you might want to tinker with "max height" found in the script. there is comment next to it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Also im wondering why you have (2) at the end of "overclockers dark v1.5 (FF3.6 & 4)" as it shouldnt have a (2) there.

Thats just because i have two styles installed for the one site, was trying the older version that Skyfall posted. :)

Also what is View/Pagestyle showing as. Try switching between em see if that helps correct it tho i doubt it but meh try owt is my moto. :p

Edit - AHA I FOUND IT, edit a post of yours and see the icon top right its a/A click it. THATS the problem. :p
Thats what it it. I have always, in the UCP options, had the editor option set to 'Enhanced Interface' - Switch to 'Standard' and its fine.

Skyfall, Thanks for your time with this, cant believe its something so simple. Is that a fixable issues out of interest? :)

AHA!... Now I have to fix it... After work :)

Why? He can just click the button himself to switch the editor back to normal not you. It is the "Switch editor mode" button, he must have clicked it by mistake one time which made his editor background dark. Tho then again i guess you can tweak it so that people who use that editor mode can have a lighter background.

Oh the woes of theme editing. I remember the nightmare with trying to get a forum of mine to match the website it was for style wise.

he must have clicked it by mistake one time which made his editor background dark.

No, as i said above your post. I have always used that editor option since i joined up. Always do in VB forums. Besides it defaults back to what ever you have selected in your options. so i couldn't have done that. :)

I have no problem using the older version of the style before it was changed if its going to cause any hassle. Skyfall, again thankyou for taking the time to look. :)

Ah ok.

Anyhow I can fix it for you.

Edit your style as you do and edit this.

body.wysiwyg {background:#222!important;width:auto!important;}

change to

body.wysiwyg {background:#cfcfcf!important;width:auto!important;}

Save and restart ff and it should fix it.

Back
Top Bottom