Firefox 4.0 available to download. Official Release tomorrow

Orange button? :p

ff4_finished.png

Does anyone know how to get the menu icon in this picture, instead of the Firefox text?

Install the Stratifrom addon. :)

Skyfall: Kudos to you for the update, its Spot on. :cool:

(been away for a couple of days so only just got chance to say thanks)

I have google set to open when I open a new tab but when I do, instead of allowing me to type into google search it defaults to typing in the URL bar. Is there anyway to change this as it's only a little problem but an annoying one!

The firefox 3 theme doesn't quite work for me as I've got my bookmarks folder, address bar and navigation icons (forward, back, home etc.) all in the 1 row (navigation toolbar) in order to maximise browsing space and when I apply the firefox 3 theme the minimise/maximise/close buttons in the top right corner get messed up and just appear as a big black rectangle.

Shame really, as I prefer the colourful approach of the FF3 icons

Last edited:
I retract what I said before about the fonts being fixed with a fresh install of win7.

The fonts are still screwed!

The text on this page looks normal under winxp but all blurry and fuzzy under win7.

Probably the hardware acceleration issue - if you turn it off in firefox options the blurry text will probably be gone

Wow, didn't even realise that FireFox 4 was out and the thread is already at 10 pages!

Anyway, how does it compare to FF3? Any noticeable improvidents or tweaks? I'd be looking to update if FF4 supports 1) Dictionary add on, 2) DownThemAll and 3) ABP.

Just generally faster for me, less slowdown with multiple tabs, none of the random slowness I was getting with 3 and all of those addons work.

That "Tab Utilities" addon can also enable the double clicking tab-bar for new tab thing for the people that want it.

Back
Top Bottom