Firefox 4.0 available to download. Official Release tomorrow

A proper refresh button is there, just drag it to the left or add a space between it and the awesomebar if you prefer it on the right. It will then undock from the awesomebar leaving just a refresh button (or combined stop/refresh if they're next to each other in order).

Not sure about the tab bar double click for new tab though. I just use the new tab button or CTRL+T!

Not sure about the tab bar double click for new tab though. I just use the new tab button or CTRL+T!

Yeah that's what I do 90% of the time, it's just that other 10% of the time that bugs the hell out of me :D

I really didn't like the tabs on top at first either but after a few days use I love it, much prefer it to the older view.

Sometimes, when I first load it up (maximised) for some reason it cuts off the top half of the tabs bar (tabs on top). Its easily fixed by making it windowed then maximising it again but its annoying! Anyone else had this or is it down to me screwing up my toolbar customisation somewhere?

Last edited:
Then just right click and untick the option for 'Tabs on Top'.

icon14.gif

Don't like the tabs being on top, and I don't like the lack of a 'proper' refresh button.

Tabs on top is great. With the tabs right at the top of the screen, they're effectively of infinite height. You can switch tab a lot faster because you don't have to be precise with your mousing - just a quick flick up and down.

Tabs on top is great. With the tabs right at the top of the screen, they're effectively of infinite height. You can switch tab a lot faster because you don't have to be precise with your mousing - just a quick flick up and down.

But on the bottom makes more logical sense because it works the same as a filing cabinet. With each page you're viewing as a different file in the cabinet.

That "Tab Utilities" addon can also enable the double clicking tab-bar for new tab thing for the people that want it.

This caught my interest as the double click tabs hasnt been working for me so I thought I would install it. I have to say I wasnt a fan of the add on so I thought I would stick with sacrifcing the double click tabs and removed it.

Increadibly despite having removed the add on my double click tabs still work. Might be useful for the odd few like me :P

I'll try it at work tomorrow where I have the same setup and see if it is repetable.

But on the bottom makes more logical sense because it works the same as a filing cabinet. With each page you're viewing as a different file in the cabinet.

As far as I can see, the top is actually more logical. The address bar and back/forward/refresh controls act upon a specific tab rather than on the browser as a whole. They 'belong' to the tab, so it makes sense that they are 'inside' it. Your analogy of a filing cabinet still holds - just like each file in a filing cabinet needs its own reference, each tab has its own address bar.

Is it really that hard to be "precise" with your mousing?

Liking FF4 over 3 so far, speed and the look is excellent though i'm having an issue with it. Selling stuff on eBay, a seller has asked me a question, I go to hit 'Respond' and get this:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

Worked fine on FF3, i've not messed about with any settings what so ever too. :(

Yeah, uninstalled all remnants of FireFox 3 including folder that were hidden, no idea why it's doing it but it's still doing it now because sellers are asking me questions and I have to respond through the Inbox on eBay. No biggie but i'd like to know why it isn't working.

Back
Top Bottom