Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 30th November 2006

Soldato
I have naught but 600 pointers since the weekend. Doing my PPD some good :D

Going to friend's house tomorrow. Should be going home with either 2 CPU clients or 1 CPU and 1 GPU. *crosses fingers*

SiriusB

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
Welcome to the Forums, ghost.

I'm not up to date on my BOINC scoring but I imagine you'll do rather well. What rigs do you have crunching?

Ill have an e6300 at 2.8ghz, and a couple of prescotts at 3.0ghz (i guess thats more like 2k RAC on boinc). Will also have an x1950pro on the c2d by the time i start. The thing about f@home is that it requires a lot of RAM? The e6300 and one of the p4s have a gig of RAM each, but the other p4 only has 512mb. So i may need to buy another stick.

Also, i have a coppermine crucnhing for e@home, im guessing it wont be much use for f@home?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
ghost101 said:
Also, i have a coppermine crucnhing for e@home, im guessing it wont be much use for f@home?
Every little bit helps, it comes down to whether or not you want to pay to keep the P3 running.

As for RAM, not all WUs have large memory requirements. In fact, by default only small WUs are requested.The big 'uns are worth better points though. If I were you and the rig with 512 MiB was a personal machine I'd let it have large WUs and if there were any problems with unresponsiveness I'd drop it down to small WUs. A few of my rigs have 512 MiB RAM and they crunch just fine.

Soldato
Holy moly! I just got two 1167 449 pointers on my opty giving 270ppd each.
Compared to the 862/396 pointers giving 120ppd these are fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom