***Food TV THREAD***

Man of Honour
OP
Been re watching in search of perfection this week.

Wy oh why did. Heston go on to make trash food programs that are unwatchable. Its such a good two series he should have carried on. He could do like 20series and. Would still find it interesting. And you learn a lot from them as well, even if you done use all the techniques on one dish.

Associate
Been re watching in search of perfection this week.

Wy oh why did. Heston go on to make trash food programs that are unwatchable. Its such a good two series he should have carried on. He could do like 20series and. Would still find it interesting. And you learn a lot from them as well, even if you done use all the techniques on one dish.
I did really enjoy that series. Although have you ever tried to make any of the dishes...?!

Man of Honour
OP
I did really enjoy that series. Although have you ever tried to make any of the dishes...?!

Done the fish and chips.
Also the 24hr cooked steak, was that from that series.

But even if you dont make the actual dishes learning the science behind it makes you a better cook. You can easily use several of the underlying process easily.

Associate
Done the fish and chips.
Also the 24hr cooked steak, was that from that series.

But even if you dont make the actual dishes learning the science behind it makes you a better cook. You can easily use several of the underlying process easily.

Yeah I'm the same. I don'r particularly like him, and vary rarely make any of his recipes to the fullest. But I do use a number of techniques that are part of his processes (a simple overnight brine of a chicken, for example, does wonders. I just then cook it normally rather than for 4 hours :)).

Soldato
100% agree on that. I thought it was a fantastic year though, especially at the end there. So gutted Adam didn't smash the last meal though. I think they were too as they really liked him too. Showed they really cared this year too.

Back
Top Bottom