***Food TV THREAD***

Man of Honour
OP
Omg anyone watching hairy bikers. They're getting worse. Flirting, innuendos and even using she-wees as a funnel. It's bordering on cringe worthy and certainly over the top.

Associate
I love the biker with black hair.

It's probably not something one guy should say about another, but he's so cute I just want to give him a hug.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
When I was working in that game I heard they were a complete nightmare to work with. They love their fans and spend a lot of time mucking around. You get the odd insight into this when you see them presenting away and they start larking around, then you see one of them glance at the producer (usually standing next to the cameraman) and look a bit told off. I saw it a couple of times last night and figured they were having a few issues controlling them :D

Soldato
Anybody see 'The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo' today? You can watch it again on the BBC Food website.

Her version of a croque madame had me salivating at my TV. I am definitely going to be making them soon.

Soldato
Anybody see 'The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo' today? You can watch it again on the BBC Food website.
I like her a lot. She's a natural on camera and she's definitely easy on the eye, but I'm not so keen on the growing insistence on using super-duper-shaky-camera with hyper-depth-of-field effect for cookery shows.

It's gimmicky, hard to watch and totally unnecessary. And unfortunately it's detracting from what would otherwise be an amazing series - Miss Khoo and her fatastic recipes deserve better.

Soldato

Her version of a croque madame had me salivating at my TV. I am definitely going to be making them soon.

Watched both episodes on iplayer today- I think she's excellent- very charismatic and genuinely enthusiastic. And compared to her other similarly presented female tv cooks etc (namely Sophie Dahl, Nigella, Lorraine Pascale etc), she is infinitely better and more watchable.

Associate
Had a french themed meal tonight with the missus's parents (fried camb, moules frites, beef bourg, dauphinoise) and made Rachel Khoo's moelleux au chocolat to finish. Was awesome!

Soldato
GREAT BRITISH MENU

I suprised we don't have a thread on this programme alone - we've had the scottish round last week and now are looking at the central region overseen by Glyn Purnell.

Friday's shows are always my favourite as I enjoy seeing all the food plus the critics viewpoints.

Daniel Clifford is really wiping the board at the moment - incredible dishes and really showing his 2* experience over last year's self-taught winner Aktar Islam.

At the later time of 7:30pm, anybody else watching?

Soldato
I suprised we don't have a thread on this programme alone - we've had the scottish round last week and now are looking at the central region overseen by Glyn Purnell.
That's because people decided they wanted a single thread to cover all TV, resulting in a thread that doesn't really get used and a slew of posts that make no sense as you can't actually tell who people are referring to.

I was going to start a thread about GBM last week, having sat through the Scottish heats and been utterly enthralled, but I couldn't be bothered. So instead I'm filling up my Sky+ with every episode of what I believe to be the best 'cooking' show on TV and I'll spoil myself with the lot when I get the time.

However, I can talk about the Scottish heats as I did see those, bar the judging at the end. From what I did see, Alan Murchison was at his best, trying too hard and serving up plates of food that delighted and disappointed at the same time. That main course of his was a complete mess, although he might have pulled it out of the bag for the Friday.

I didn't particularly take to Mark Greenaway but that was more about his personality than his food - and I did think his dessert was the stand-out dish of the week His starter looked great, although I wouldn't want to eat cold pigs cheek myself, and his main course had my mouth wetting at the mere sight of it. But as AM said himself, that crab cannelloni just didn't work - if I wanted a mouthful of cold butter, I'd chew on a knob of Lurpak.

Colin Buchan was my favourite of the three as he was relatively unassuming and didn't come across as being a complete tool, but his food seemed confused. That starter just had too much going on and despite his best efforts to persuade otherwise, pigeon heart isn't going to sit well with the target audience. His fish course was a perfect example of style over substance, yet his main was stunning in its execution and presentation. And despite the other chefs mockery, I really liked his dessert and would have polished the lot off in a moments thought.

Overall, I'd say it was a relatively weak line-up for Scotland this year, although there were four decent dishes served up. The problem was that two of them came from the chef who got knocked out and two of them were for the same course.

I'd imagine that Murchison would have won against Buchan, but he'll not stand a chance of getting a dish to the final banquet unless something dramatic happens. Like all the other chefs getting locked in a room. Or the judges taking leave of their senses and liking his stupid medal dessert.

Soldato
Watching something called 'Kitchen Hero' on Good Food, hosted by what looks like a 12 year old boy called Donal Skehen. He seems likeable, but the camera work is awful, and a lot of the time is just spent filming him chopping up his ingredients, or fetching a knife from across the kitchen, or washing then drying his hands, which nobody wants to see :-/

Not particularly inspiring.

Unlike The Little Paris Kitchen, which is *totally* inspiring. Rachel Khoo is awesome. :)

Back
Top Bottom