***Food TV THREAD***

Man of Honour
OP
God I hate Richard corrigian. To sweet a dish to go with the duck. Wtf one of the most famous duck dishes is duck in a cherry syrup, super sweat. I loved the idea and look of that dish.

I also think he was a **** with Chris ferne and he will do much better with the judges. Fair enough he made a fair few mistakes with the main. But I think his dessert and main where the two best dishes off the week. Especially The Torch listen to the other two chefs praises for it.

Last edited:
Suspended
I know Ferne has had it a bit rough with Corrigan, but I couldn't help but laugh a little at that attempt at basil foam or whatever it was yesterday. What an amateur mistake, letting the plates get too hot when his all of his hard work basically rested on keeping the plates at the right temperature.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Has anyone watched Heat Seekers, the new series on Food Network? Absolutely hilarious - those two are perfectly matched. I'm loving the fact that it's not all about ridiculously hot food too, there's a bit of good cheffy stuff followed by comedy heat-eating capers :D

Soldato
Starting now on channel 4 : Jimmy and the Giant Supermarket

Farmer Jimmy Doherty wants to make free range food affordable for all. He's asked Tesco to let him try, and they've agreed. First up he tried transforming Tesco's best-selling meatballs.

Jimmy tries to transform Tesco's best-selling own brand meatballs (they sell 35 million of them a year). In doing so, he spots an opportunity to tackle one of dairy farming's biggest secrets - the killing each years of tens of thousands of male dairy calves because there's no market for them.

Jimmy believes these calves should be reared on to produce British rose veal - a high welfare, high quality meat.

Can he persuade dairy farmers to work with him, come up with a recipe to impress Tesco, and convince the public that the stigma surrounding veal is a thing of the past?

May be worth a watch.

Soldato
The papers (Daily Mail) are going to be up in arms about the killing/death scene of calves. If only people didn't have an irrational dislike of veal then he wouldn't need to kill them.

Edit - Ah, it's started on Facebook already. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Half 9, BBC 2: The Meat Market: Inside Smithfield.
"2/3. What does the future hold for the closed 'man's world' of the night-time meat market?"

The first one, about Billingsgate Fish Market, was on last week and was really good. I imagine this will be awesome as well.

Man of Honour
OP
How have I missed the great British food revival? Use watched it and it was brilliant. Cat wait to get home and stick the rest on iplayer.

Soldato
Food Network UK is now on almost constantly now I've found it. No idea how long it has been available on Freeview.

Saying that though, Amazing Eats followed by Diners Drive-ins and Dives then Man v Food Nation then more of the same can get a little tiresome but looking at the food is awesome.

Soldato
STARTING NOW!
Heston's Fantastical Food.
Channel 4, Tuesday at 9pm.

"In Heston Blumenthal's new series the culinary alchemist creates amazing supersized versions of meals and treats. In this episode: a giant breakfast including the biggest ever boiled egg."

Might be good, just starting now.

Soldato
In search of perfection is ok. I mean the whole thing about making something that looks like one thing but tastes like something completely different, e.g. his 'tomatoes' which were actually sausages, the 'eggs' were kippers, the 'nutella' was black pudding? Yes it's very clever but I just don't see the point...

Associate
I've been missing this too, annoyingly.

Enjoying Nigel Slaters current show though :)

I can't stand Nigel Slater, sure his food looks nice, but he's so irritating!

He uses the word "supper" about 400 times during each show! RAGE!! :mad:

Sorry about that...feel better now though. :D

Man of Honour
OP
Just a heads up.

James Martin's United Cakes of America starts on good food 24th of feb at 20:00
British channel Good Food, part of the UKTV network, has commissioned James Martin’s United Cakes of America, a 15-part series following the UK chef as he drives across the East Coast, sampling desserts in each state.

The 15 x 30-minute Outline Productions series is set to air in the first quarter of 2013. In each episode, Martin will drive a classic car through cities and towns, tasting New York cheesecakes, apple pie, red velvet cake and more, learning from the home cooks and professional bakers who claim they have the secret to making the best desserts. He will also add his own spin to favorite American recipes.

In addition to well-known treats like apple pie, Martin will also feature the lesser-known, like the Pumpple cake and Shoofly pie.

“James Martin’s United Cakes of America will be a great addition to the content we’re offering our viewers in 2013. The combination of James and lots of delicious cake recipes will appeal to both serious foodies and those who enjoy entertaining food programming,” said Good Food general manager Clare Laycock, who ordered the series.

Senior commissioning editor Catherine Catton added: “American cakes and desserts have had such an impact on British culture recently – with cupcakes and whoopee pies becoming big trends. James Martin’s United Cakes of America gives viewers a great opportunity to see the secrets behind these recipes and how James’ British versions fare in comparison.”

It will be overseen by UKTV’s commissioning executive Victoria Barimore, and executive produced by Bridget Boseley. The series producer is Marc Beers.

Read more: http://realscreen.com/2012/08/02/good-food-sends-chef-martin-on-dessert-quest/#ixzz2JU1toDxy

Hopefully some good cakes recipes ready for BBQ season.

Man of Honour
OP
New season of baker brothers, on More4 and hd, ratings can't of been very good

More4 HD 9:00pm-10:00pm (1 hour ) Tue 19 Feb
The Fabulous Baker Brothers
Season 2 Episode 1 of 6
New series. Return of the cookery show presented by butcher and chef Henry Herbert and his brother Tom, who runs a bakery next to his sibling's shop in Gloucestershire. This time around, the pair hit the road, heading first to Blackpool, where they help Len and Babs Curtis modernise the Mermaid Cafe. They also create a new item for the menu by putting three dishes to the public for a taste test

Man of Honour
OP
The hairy bikers are so awesome, anyone else watching best of Britain. Just catching up and my Good GOd I have to try trinity cream, it's like the British version of cream brûlée on steroids and with white choclate.

I'm also enjoying secret meat business, the blokes very over the top, but nice man recipes.

Last edited:
Associate
The hairy bikers are so awesome, anyone else watching best of Britain. Just catching up and my Good GOd I have to try trinity cream, it's like the British version of cream brûlée on steroids and with white choclate.

I'm also enjoying secret meat business, the blokes very over the top, but nice man recipes.

Love Hairy Bikers, have watched every episode of Best of Britain so far. Think I will be making that trinity cream pudding too, looks amazing!

Back
Top Bottom