Football and the Coronavirus

Soldato
Just dont really like people who break rules and laws etc to get away with it. As I say, I'm a very strict disciplinarian and believe in punishing those who cant adhere to rules. To be entirely honest with you, and something I've mentioned many times on these forums, the world could do with a culling. Theres far too many humans on it, so I'd be ok with it, but thats a philosophical conversation for a non-sports forum really so I wont swamp the football area overly with it.
You sound like hitler

Man of Honour
You sound like hitler

Im sure I sound like many people, Im sure that everyone sounds like someone else in some aspect of something they say. I imagine when I talk about football I sound like Neville and when I talk about archaeology I sound like Mick Aston and when I talk about cars I sound like Jeremy Clarkson and when I crack a joke I sound like Rik Mayall and when I talk about movies I sound like Barry Norman and when I talk about gardening I sound like Alan Titchmarsh and so on. Not so sure that Hitler particularly liked football though :)

Man of Honour
"philosophical discussion"

From a standpoint of the philosophy of which is more important , the planet, humanity or any other species. Whether an increase in human number is better or worse for things in comparison to a decrease in numbers and so on. I'm seeing those as philosophical questions but admittedly I may have the incorrect word there. But again, as I say, the football topic here is getting derailed.

Don
Well this thread took an unexpected turn. Anyway, the government have given the green light for competitive sport to return behind closed doors from Monday. I'm sure the PL were aware of this prior to their meeting last week but never the less, that's one less obstacle out of the way.

Soldato
Just dont really like people who break rules and laws etc to get away with it. As I say, I'm a very strict disciplinarian and believe in punishing those who cant adhere to rules. To be entirely honest with you, and something I've mentioned many times on these forums, the world could do with a culling. Theres far too many humans on it, so I'd be ok with it, but thats a philosophical conversation for a non-sports forum really so I wont swamp the football area overly with it.
Wow is all I can say...

Man of Honour
Well this thread took an unexpected turn. Anyway, the government have given the green light for competitive sport to return behind closed doors from Monday. I'm sure the PL were aware of this prior to their meeting last week but never the less, that's one less obstacle out of the way.

I wonder what affect the lack of crowd noise will have, certain teams (like Liverpool and Crystal Palace for example) , have extremely vociferous crowds which undoubtedly have quite an impact on how the teams do. I wonder if that will have any affect on those teams in comparison to teams who have more reserved crowds. Or I wonder if there will be little difference, it must be hard as a footballer to not notice the lack of crowd noise and it must almost give the game a kind of training match feel.

Soldato
A little off topic but it might cheer a few people up(even though I think it’s too soon) my daughter is an assistant manager at one of the bigger pub chains(not Wetherspoons) an she has been told it’s very likely her place will reopen on or around the 1st of July

Man of Honour
A little off topic but it might cheer a few people up(even though I think it’s too soon) my daughter is an assistant manager at one of the bigger pub chains(not Wetherspoons) an she has been told it’s very likely her place will reopen on or around the 1st of July

Interesting and no doubt desperately needed for the hospitality industry. Has she said what , if any, stipulations will be in place? Like only a certain number of people allowed at the bar at one time etc? Or whether they would be serving food, or just limited to drinks?

Soldato
Interesting and no doubt desperately needed for the hospitality industry. Has she said what , if any, stipulations will be in place? Like only a certain number of people allowed at the bar at one time etc? Or whether they would be serving food, or just limited to drinks?
Nothing like that has been said yet, she was just put on notice, but they have been told they can start putting in orders for draught beers and the like from the 15th June.

Permabanned
I wonder what affect the lack of crowd noise will have, certain teams (like Liverpool and Crystal Palace for example) , have extremely vociferous crowds which undoubtedly have quite an impact on how the teams do. I wonder if that will have any affect on those teams in comparison to teams who have more reserved crowds. Or I wonder if there will be little difference, it must be hard as a footballer to not notice the lack of crowd noise and it must almost give the game a kind of training match feel.

Sure it will be mostly fine. Doesn't appear to be affecting Bayern much!

Man of Honour
I think early stats have shown that home advantage has pretty much been wiped out in Germany. It's still way too early to tell but it doesn't bode well for teams who count on home games/support to pick up points.

Soldato
Round 4 of testing......0 positives from 1130 tests. Football's coming home.

I'm pretty sure nobody wants pubs packed for the football mate.

I think its going to happen though. Maybe not in the pubs but people will gather together to watch footy and as the beer flows the social distancing goes out the window.

I'm not sure this is the time to be starting sport again. It almost seems like its being given back to us as a distraction. I want to see the season finished but this seems far too soon imo.

Permabanned
I think its going to happen though. Maybe not in the pubs but people will gather together to watch footy and as the beer flows the social distancing goes out the window.

I'm not sure this is the time to be starting sport again. It almost seems like its being given back to us as a distraction. I want to see the season finished but this seems far too soon imo.

Really hard to judge if its too early or not. Personally I will be watching safe in my home. :)

Back
Top Bottom