Football manager 2016

Soldato
I'll let you know when I get that far :p The UI is very different to 14 and it's taking time to get used to things.

I wasn't a fan of the new tactics screen from the preview screenshots and it looks no better in the flesh.

Associate
Really don't like the new team instruction screen. It's a horrible mess of options on the same screen, at least with FM15 you could see instantly what was selected.

Soldato
How so? Just out of interest?

Have you reported it in the SI Forums FM16 bugs section? Worth joining up if you haven't got an account and making a thread so SI have information about the bug. :)

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/502-Football-Manager-2016-Beta-Bug-Forums

I've got an account but am probably too busy to go into a massive post right now.

FFP for Championship in FM 16 allows not greater loss than £7m it seems (on first look). IRL it's £39m loss allowed over 3 seasons. That's a big difference.

Associate
I bought it yesterday, played the Beta fine on desktop (see sig). Streamed it to laptop fine and also loaded and played on laptop fine. Exited game for dinner, afterwards laptop would not start it whatsoever, just crashed before getting to splash screen. Desktop still ran it.

SI Games started investigating GeForce experience issues, telling forum users to delete GeForce, then delete nvidia PhysX :rolleyes:. It was apparent that it was highly unlikely that GeForce would cause those issues. It had to be a W10 issue.

Obviously everyone is an expert so clearly it was my fault that my laptop wouldn't run it if my desktop would and I should 'sort my drivers out' but the only difference between my Laptop (MSI GS70 Stealth) and desktop (apart from the obvious) is that the laptop is running W10 Pro w/ insider whilst the desktop is on W10 Home. Both were also running 358.50 drivers.

Unfortunatley I just went through the refund route on Steam, I know it's a Beta but like the last 4 iterations, it is not game ready. It should be a closed Beta and the fact that FM15 had no W10 support leads me to think that FM16 may have been rushed onto the OS.

If they release a hotfix I may re-buy it between now and release date but I have a disappointing feeling that it will be like FM15 and 14 where it isn't polished until next Feb.

Really wanted to get on with a decent save but think I'll just have to wait out for a while now, the hour I did get in did look quite good and felt improved on 15.

Associate
What is this crash you're talking about? Sounds serious. I've got an MSI ROG with a 980M. Even that struggles on battery in 15.

My crash was it wouldn't load up, once launched via steam it would go black screen with the blue mouse pointer loading circle on screen. Open task manager and it would automatically generate a crashdump file. I'd kill FM and then steam would say 'completing installation' 'FM16 is already running on this machine'

Done all the usual, verify game cache, delete, reinstall etc. Just wasn't having it on laptop.

When you go on the SI forums though and I think tonyt3rry was having this issue - it crashes on the create a manager screen. That was the main issue on the forums last night. Also the sound wasn't working for most but I've never used it anyway.

I've got the original stealth with a 765M but never had an issue with FM apart from heat. I'm fairly certain it's a W10 problem, someone cited DX9 conflicts with GPU drivers but i'd lay money on it being a W10 compatibility issue.

Back
Top Bottom