Forgot how bad job searching was :(

Soldato
That is harsh! :eek:

Did they really mean it? or were they implying the company would go under before 5 years?

He went on to qualify it by saying that if I'm as talented and as ambitious as I was making out then I would be at a larger company by then...still took me aback slightly when he first said it though!!!

Cheers for the questions SR4470; I tend to ask where the interviewer sees the company being within the next 5 years anyway, but the question about training is really useful. Does it not come across slightly as you wanting to join them and let them train you?

Soldato
He went on to qualify it by saying that if I'm as talented and as ambitious as I was making out then I would be at a larger company by then...still took me aback slightly when he first said it though!!!

Cheers for the questions SR4470; I tend to ask where the interviewer sees the company being within the next 5 years anyway, but the question about training is really useful. Does it not come across slightly as you wanting to join them and let them train you?

A good company will provide training anyway, because they have their procedures and internal software that you're unlikely to be familiar with (aside from field-specific training). Think of it as you wanting to broaden your skills with them.

Caporegime
OP
Ditto. Had 3 interviews in total last week.

Sent off another 35 odd this previous week, hopefully I'll get somewhere with a few of them.

35 odd? What are you applying for?

I literally can't find anything I can apply for...either because they're asking for too much or are just generally out of my reach.

Soldato

I literally can't find anything I can apply for...either because they're asking for too much or are just generally out of my reach.

Whatever I can find really. Usually nothing too great, best job I was interviewed for paid £25k for IT support at a multinational.

Just to say good luck to anyone looking for a job :)

Soldato
Ah ok, I still cant find much.

Don't see how I can apply for Administrator jobs etc if I have no experience being one, so i dont bother half the time.

Some of them ask for a degree :rolleyes: but I don't see why most office type jobs would be out of your reach...

Caporegime
OP
Some of them ask for a degree :rolleyes: but I don't see why most office type jobs would be out of your reach...

Indeed.

Funny actually, just got a call from the agency i was working with last week.

Agency: "hello Delvis, are you ok?"
ME: "Hi, yes, good thanks"
Agency: "Oh....Are you not going in this week then?"
Me: "Well, no, as I'm going on holiday wednesday, And you said it was a week contract unless they said otherwise.."
Agency: "Oh rite....Surprised they didnt say anything as there is enough work"
Me: "Well....They didn't, so I presumed there was nothing naturally".

Typical, not that I'm fussed, I would have gone mad, it was pretty much making me feel worse about myself!

Soldato
Indeed.

Funny actually, just got a call from the agency i was working with last week.

Agency: "hello Delvis, are you ok?"
ME: "Hi, yes, good thanks"
Agency: "Oh....Are you not going in this week then?"
Me: "Well, no, as I'm going on holiday wednesday, And you said it was a week contract unless they said otherwise.."
Agency: "Oh rite....Surprised they didnt say anything as there is enough work"
Me: "Well....They didn't, so I presumed there was nothing naturally".

Typical, not that I'm fussed, I would have gone mad, it was pretty much making me feel worse about myself!

Was the agency paying you directly?

Soldato

I'm the same; I try instead to get off ~10 really good applications each week, rather than 40 badly written ones for jobs that I don't want anyway!

Soldato
I'm the same; I try instead to get off ~10 really good applications each week, rather than 40 badly written ones for jobs that I don't want anyway!

It doesn't really take that long to edit a letter and a CV...

Obviously if you're filling in an application form it depends on what they ask.

Soldato
An absolute God send for me and getting work is the website

mysouthyorkshirejobs.com

From the website name you wouldn't think it, but it does what's on the tin. And It's a great site, I got a few temping jobs through the site, while i've been looking for the right perminent job

Soldato
An absolute God send for me and getting work is the website

mysouthyorkshirejobs.com

From the website name you wouldn't think it, but it does what's on the tin. And It's a great site, I got a few temping jobs through the site, while i've been looking for the right perminent job

Hmm, might be a problem getting to Yorkshire when I'm located in the South East and lack a car :p

Back
Top Bottom