Forgot how bad job searching was :(

Caporegime
OP
That's generally how it works from my experience of agencies, not necessarily the being screwed over with wages part but the being paid directly. It's one of the major reasons as to why companies use agencies - they aren't responsible for you in terms of payroll and don't have to afford you the same benefits as a permanent employee would get.

Am I correct in thinking you got onto the Government FMDS but turned it down?

Good luck to all those searching for jobs anyway. :)

Government FMDS? Not even sure what that is buddy :)

Exscuse the delay, haven't been online in a while.

Caporegime
OP
Ah, no matter then, I thought you had applied to the Government Finance Professionals Scheme at some point but apparantly not.

Good luck with the job hunting anyway. :)

Not me sadly :)

Hearing literally nothing my end...My issue is I don't know what I'm capable of, so I wont apply for certain things.

That and not knowing what I want to do in the long run :p

Associate
I'm still looking. Been out of work for 69 days and counting :( Theres absolutley no jobs doing what i know and was doing previously and my quals are awful. Now i've resigned myself to applying for telesales jobs and the like. That sort of work goes against all of my morals but i've done it before years ago and i need the cash.

Only had 1 interview in all that time so i'm not exactly in the best frame of mind and over the last 2 weeks ive been waking up late and generally feeling like i dont care. Lets hope something comes up soon before i get completely in the ****!

Caporegime
OP
I'm still looking. Been out of work for 69 days and counting :( Theres absolutley no jobs doing what i know and was doing previously and my quals are awful. Now i've resigned myself to applying for telesales jobs and the like. That sort of work goes against all of my morals but i've done it before years ago and i need the cash.

Only had 1 interview in all that time so i'm not exactly in the best frame of mind and over the last 2 weeks ive been waking up late and generally feeling like i dont care. Lets hope something comes up soon before i get completely in the ****!

Join the club :) Was out of work for 6 months previously...Been out since June 5th now I believe or something, then temped for a week.

Since that, nothing...Can't really temp at that place again, as its not good for my ears.

Consigliere
Registered with 'Brook Street' on monday. Fingers crossed they can find me something. :)

They seemed to like my MoD work experience as its a good reference and i have 3 years retail experience. \o/

Soldato
got my interview tomorrow...******* bricks already. :/

Not a calm person then? :p I'm not sure if I say the wrong things at interview, but without real feedback I can't tell.. from the feedback I do get it seems there's always some qualification or specific experience the employer wants for the job. For example, reception experience for a reception job. One wonders how people enter these closed-shop fields any more...

Soldato
Just had some cracking news this morning. Iv been off work since last April. Just got offered a Warehouse Assistant post!!! Which is fantastic especially the way Businesses are going down the pan in N.Ireland atm
Start September only Temporary to January but with a view for permanent post.
Can't explain how happy I am now getting off the dole heap :D

Associate
Just had some cracking news this morning. Iv been off work since last April. Just got offered a Warehouse Assistant post!!! Which is fantastic especially the way Businesses are going down the pan in N.Ireland atm

Congratulations mate :).

Soldato

Well done, I hope it does go permanent for you :)

Soldato
I've had two bundles of bad news today so scratch two job opportunities. :(

The one I really want is still 'under consideration' although it's from one of the same companies I've been rejected for. So I have lots of things crossed.. I'm guessing I'll find out this week if they want an interview.

Soldato
I've had two bundles of bad news today so scratch two job opportunities. :(

The one I really want is still 'under consideration' although it's from one of the same companies I've been rejected for. So I have lots of things crossed.. I'm guessing I'll find out this week if they want an interview.

You're not the only one, nothing but rejections here for over 2 weeks since my last interview... oh well, a new academic term is nearly upon us.

Caporegime
Have been called back for a day trial :D. interviewer at the 1st interview said they need two people and are inviting 3 people for day trials! :mad:

I better not be the one who doesnt get it after all this!

Caporegime
OP
Congratulations to people who have found something :)

Still nout my end, its getting silly....I got offered more work at this metal place using the pressing machines, but i can't do it...it's just going to destrpy my ears even more so eventually if i stayed there any longer :(

Good luck all

Back
Top Bottom