Forgot how bad job searching was :(

Soldato
Thanks - although I'm far, far too wise to reveal anything like that to OCUK :D

Fair enough mate, I was doing all those applications/ research myself and most of my friends are doing them / about to go to interviews so was just curious as I'm probably familiar with it if in London.

Best of luck anyway with that

Man of Honour
Good luck dude I've had a few interviews at some highprofile law firms but alas failed them all :D

Out of interest have you had any vac schemes/law experience?

I've been to a high street solicitors and had a week at a commercial firm. Chuffed I managed to wangle those really, because I was told I wouldn't even get a look in for a training contract without some legal experience at the place I now have an interview.

I've been rejected from 3 interviews before... lets hope it's 4th time lucky :o

Good luck with the hunt yourself :)

Soldato
Another interview tomorrow, this time doing marketing for a theatre company!!! Bit worried as I can find very little about them on the internet, so my research isn't going too well!

Incidentally, can anyone "spec me" a couple of questions to ask the interviewer at the end? One which I tend to use is "where do you see me in five years time?", but I asked that at an interview a couple of weeks ago , and the response was "not at this company", so I'm thinking of scrapping that!!!

Good luck Nitefly; law's still something that I'm looking at doing in the future if my marketing doesn't go in the direction that I'd like, although the more people I speak to who are trying to get a job in law, the less I want to give it a go!!!

Caporegime
OP
Well ive got my old job back in argos warehouse, i start tomorrow:)

Nice one :)

Good luck man!

Trust me, paper qualifications wise mine is probably the worst :p My plus points however seem to be more personal attributes and experience over anything else!

Aha! No really..I can probably bet you mine are worse :p

Considering my main interest is IT biased, my grade at school concerning IT doesn't show it :p

Associate
Incidentally, can anyone "spec me" a couple of questions to ask the interviewer at the end? One which I tend to use is "where do you see me in five years time?", but I asked that at an interview a couple of weeks ago , and the response was "not at this company", so I'm thinking of scrapping that!!!

That is harsh! :eek:

Did they really mean it? or were they implying the company would go under before 5 years?

Soldato
"What type of training do you offer?"
"What plans does the company have for the next 3-5 years?"

These two will give you useful information to help decide whether the firm is worth working for in the long run. Fairly standard questions really...

Last edited:
Soldato
had an interview monday as a bench hand joiner and will hear friday, and got the general manager of a kitchen place interview next thursday.

Associate
23 years old and I've finally stopped messing around and decided to get my life in order.

Problem is I haven't the foggiest what I want to do and have no experience either. 2:1 Law with Government honors from last year is really all I got going for me.

Associate
23 years old and I've finally stopped messing around and decided to get my life in order.

Problem is I haven't the foggiest what I want to do and have no experience either. 2:1 Law with Government honors from last year is really all I got going for me.

Well that’s a good start; there are plenty of well paid jobs out there if you apply for them.

I've just spent the last 4 years doing my Law degree and LPC (waste of time unless you have a TC) and am really starting to think a career elsewhere is more suitable especially after spending the last two weeks in a property firm. I do have an interview next week for an auditing role and have just applied for a recruitment role.

For me it's all about the cold hard cash, I don't want to be in 5 years time qualified in an area of law I dislike on pittance, where instead I could have spent the time pursuing other more lucrative and interesting avenues (not sure if auditing qualifies as interesting though ha!!)

Back
Top Bottom