Forgot how bad job searching was :(

I've sent out around 40 applications over the past few weeks and haven't received a single reply, it is frustrating to say the least.

Finished uni recently and so many things i want to do like start saving money for my own house, but i can't do any of it because i can't find a job. I'm ashamed to be on JSA and am so depressed because all i'm doing is sitting round the house bored 24/7.

I've sent out around 40 applications over the past few weeks and haven't received a single reply, it is frustrating to say the least.

Finished uni recently and so many things i want to do like start saving money for my own house, but i can't do any of it because i can't find a job. I'm ashamed to be on JSA and am so depressed because all i'm doing is sitting round the house bored 24/7.

I am in exactly the same position and frame of mind mate. Sent out loads of applications and cv's since i found out i was redundant and not getting anywhere. The worst thing is i don't have a clue what i'd like to do for a job and anything that slightly interests me is unattainable due to not having good quals and needing pure cash for bills ect so i cant really afford to study for a different career.

Your not alone mate. I hate being on the dole too:(

Well I got through the initial "screening" test of my application and then invited to complete a questioinare....

It was honestly the most retarded thing ever, the questions and answers had the most subtle of subtle differences that it just became confusing in the end. Sure I did ok in all honesty but 31 questions of it was mind numbing.

I am in exactly the same position and frame of mind mate. Sent out loads of applications and cv's since i found out i was redundant and not getting anywhere. The worst thing is i don't have a clue what i'd like to do for a job and anything that slightly interests me is unattainable due to not having good quals and needing pure cash for bills ect so i cant really afford to study for a different career.

Your not alone mate. I hate being on the dole too:(

Do you still have to go into the job centre every two weeks now to 'clock-in' or has that changed?

Or is there a different benefit one can get nowadays.

Do you still have to go into the job centre every two weeks now to 'clock-in' or has that changed?

Every week for me, and they ask the usual questions. Unfortunately the rules don't allow the "advisors" to be very helpful.

Or is there a different benefit one can get nowadays.

Unless you're a lone parent or carer or disabled something along those lines, no.

Ugh.........Still nout, can't even find thing's to apply for now.

That, and I have absoloutely no idea what career I want :( Lovely jubely.

Speculative approach. Most jobs aren't actually advertised, they're discovered through networking. The other thing is with a speculative application, if the organisation interviews you, you're in the driving seat. The conditions haven't been rigidly set out in an advert or by HR.

I've just been offered a job!!! PR assistant at an IT publishing company. Literally couldn't be happier (or more relieved). Thanks to everybody in this thread, you've all been really helpful and kept me going! I truly hope that you all get there soon.

I've just been offered a job!!! PR assistant at an IT publishing company. Literally couldn't be happier (or more relieved). Thanks to everybody in this thread, you've all been really helpful and kept me going! I truly hope that you all get there soon.

Sweet :)

Hope it all goes well for you and that you enjoy it! It's a step in the right direction during these lovely times that's for sure.

Just work your butt off and make yourself noticed :p

Meh, the day started with rejection.. so I'm going to go down the Gym for a fitness fix. The finish the rewrite of my CV.. and get stuck into more applications. I've spent yesterday removing a distraction so it'll be all steam ahead!

Congrats Manic :D

Well done mate. I'm jealous!!!

Been naughty today, haven't even looked. Just can't be bothered! I know that sounds bad but i'm fed up of banging my head against a brick wall of rejection.

I might get a load of adresses for kitchen places and just send out cv's asking if i could be a trainee kitchen designer or something.

I can't think of anything else my skills could possibly transfer over to, just need the motivation to do it.

Just got an exploratory call from an employer out of the blue (friday afternoon dead zone). Completely caught me off guard, although the company is in a tough market the role looks interesting.. good money too.

Just hope the shock induced verboseness hasn't resulted in talking myself out of a job.. well we'll see monday..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom