Forgot how bad job searching was :(

Associate
I registered on monster a couple of days ago and uploaded my CV. I got three calls from different agencies today all with possible positions (which after review I asked them to apply for on my behalf). I guess now I'll have to wait and see how they pan out, although after reading some of this thread I'm starting to get a bit worried about these agencies, are they really that rubbish?

Caporegime
OP
I registered on monster a couple of days ago and uploaded my CV. I got three calls from different agencies today all with possible positions (which after review I asked them to apply for on my behalf). I guess now I'll have to wait and see how they pan out, although after reading some of this thread I'm starting to get a bit worried about these agencies, are they really that rubbish?

Some are yes...most I've dealed with actually have no clue about the field you want to be in...at all.

However there have been some good ones I've had the pelasure of dealing with...The one that got me this job I'm starting today was brilliant, by far the ebst I've talked to, just so helpful...

Which reminds me...I have a temp job for a couple of weeks hopefully! Then it may carry on if it continues to stay busy! :) So I have some money coming in, even if it is jsut above minimum...no complaints :)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Currently filling out an application for a job with the local authority. Not getting my hopes up, but it can't hurt to try - would be nice to get my foot in the door there. In the back of my mind I just know I'm going to get rejected without a second thought though. :(

Soldato
Best of luck mate.

He should consider himself lucky, a place I was at last year (and again this year... hopefully) take urine samples before they let you in; and it's hardly a sensitive position, assembly line stuff mostly.

Being under the influence and operating machinery don't mix, so depending on the nature of the manufacturing I can understand that - especially if a former intoxicated employee caused a problem. Some companies do ask for full medical checks.

Soldato
Been in IT for 7/8 years in various roles. Was working for a video game developers but we were closed last August. Currently working on a service desk which i hate, was going to start looking for another job tonight. After reading through this thread it really hits home how lucky I am....I'll stop feeling sorry for myself.

Hope you guys all find something soon.

Caporegime
OP
Note to self...DO NOT do a job that involves pressing aluminium :O

I've spent two days there...And I can't take it anymore....it's one product, constantly....I'm actually going to linch myself, with a really long sock.

How the hell am I going to last next week?

Soldato
Note to self...DO NOT do a job that involves pressing aluminium :O

I've spent two days there...And I can't take it anymore....it's one product, constantly....I'm actually going to linch myself, with a really long sock.

How the hell am I going to last next week?

I sorted similar looking parcels and letters all night in a warehouse for some time last year, it was boring but I needed the income to get by... could do a lot worse (sweeping up animal droppings comes to mind).

Caporegime
OP
I sorted similar looking parcels and letters all night in a warehouse for some time last year, it was boring but I needed the income to get by... could do a lot worse (sweeping up animal droppings comes to mind).

Heh, that'd be more fun... :p

I'm punching the same whole into the same sheets of metal constantly...over and over...its amazing :D

Back
Top Bottom