Fortitude

Caporegime
OP
Another hour of intrigue, and I still have no idea what's going on :p

However, it's still compelling viewing (for me). Enjoying it still. Even if I do wonder how many episodes it will be before we actually learn anything.

Soldato
Another hour of intrigue, and I still have no idea what's going on :p

However, it's still compelling viewing (for me). Enjoying it still. Even if I do wonder how many episodes it will be before we actually learn anything.

For me I'd like, ideally, not to have too much revealed until the last couple of episodes. I like having to do a bit of guess work myself.

Soldato
I'm still undecided about this show;

It just feels really disjointed. I'm sure it'll all connect and become meaningful at some point, and at that point i won't be able to give it up but right now I feel like I'm desperately trying to follow four or five story-lines that don't feel related.

The cast is generally quite good, but even they feel pretty disjointed in terms of their abilities. On one hand you have Stanley Tucci, Michael Gambon and Richard Dormer who are bloody brilliant, whereas on the other hand you have the likes of Nicholas Pinnock and the woman who plays his wife, who when on screen make me feel like I'm watching an episode of casualty.

I'll keep watching it, because I'm intrigued, but I really hope I start to get a bigger picture. At this point, I'd be hard pressed to tell you more than 3 of the character's names after 3 hours of screen time, which isn't great.

Man of Honour
I still dont think its supernatural, I want it to be, but probably only because anything set in the snow makes me think of The Thing and 30 Days of Night, but sadly I just dont get a supernatural vibe from the show. I think its all going to turn out to be very non-supernatural. Thats if there is even a direction to this, I'm starting to get a very worrying Lost type of feel to it where its all going to end in an extremely disappointing climax.

Soldato
Oh man! The trailer made it look amazing but the first episode :eek: OMG it was total crap. Bad direction with choppy shots, no fluidity like they've thought about it too much. Totally boring and not to mention the audio, white noise and bad mic direction!!

First episode was a pile of **** - not watching the rest!

Soldato
Just caught up on the latest episode - really really enjoying it now. I was a little sceptical after the first couple of episodes but now it's hooked me right in.

Whether it ends up being supernatural or not, I'm just enjoying it right now. The last episode has now asked a load more questions, getting very interesting.

Soldato
It's probably like the first time you watch Paranormal Activity - you're desperate for something to happen so just the anticipation is enough to keep you going. Then it'll be poof! Its gone.

And feel a little cheated.

I found the feeder subplot really freaky

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've given up on it, I just didnt click with it. It didnt hold my attention, I missed one episode and found that I wasnt at all bothered that I had missed it, which is always a bad sign

Back
Top Bottom