Fortitude

Caporegime
OP
I still think it's aliens

I thought this at first. However, the more I watch, the less I now think it's going to be supernatural at all.

In the last episode they really pushed that angle, with Gambon's character and the chap he visits, but I now think this is deliberate mis-direction.

Soldato
I'm enjoying this, not everything in life has to be pacey. I agree I've thought that it might be a viral thing since episode 2. I'm just wondering if it makes people super aggressive or something.

Associate
Was starting to lose interest, but watched 5 and 6 and things have picked up...in a really strange and eerie way.

Looking forward to next weeks episode now.

Soldato
I read an interview with one of the producers who talks about how what's happening is linked to the polar bears attacking each other (not sure if mentioned?) and the reindeer fetuses/miscarriages so it sounds like some kind of virus perhaps

Soldato
I reckon Ecclestone's character is due for a resurrection moment or a messed up 'birthing' scene. They keep showing his corpse and he's quite a big name to get whacked in the first episode after all.
It looked like the big girl was 'impregnating' that body with spawn goo (technical term), so perhaps...

Anyway, I like the slow paced nature of the show. It's not for the ADD afflicted and those that want instant answers.

Caporegime
OP
Losing interest tbh. It's so drawn out, and, well, tonight's episode bored me.

The pace is glacial :/

I think part of the problem is that they keep giving screen time to the weakest characters. The black dude and his girlfriend are both complete muppets. The two cops are interesting, but the other characters are completely forgettable.

And the obligatory love interests/emotional guff are just boring filler. Need something interesting to happen, fast.

Last edited:
Soldato
Next week's the last episode, so it won't be boring you for much longer.

To be honest, I'm only still watching because it's nearly finished. Would seem rude not to. That in itself is a step up from Penny Dreadful, where I just gave up around episode 6 or something. Similar problems in both shows really - the showrunners are so busy trying to create intrigue that they forget to make the individual episodes interesting. At least with Fortitude I actually am intrigued - I would like to find out what is going on.

Associate
Next week's the last episode, so it won't be boring you for much longer.

To be honest, I'm only still watching because it's nearly finished. Would seem rude not to. That in itself is a step up from Penny Dreadful, where I just gave up around episode 6 or something. Similar problems in both shows really - the showrunners are so busy trying to create intrigue that they forget to make the individual episodes interesting. At least with Fortitude I actually am intrigued - I would like to find out what is going on.

You sure this week is the last episode? IMDB has 4 left.

OcUK Staff
I'm really enjoying it. For me the vibe is Twin Peaks in a bleak True Detective type of way. The pace may be slow, but at least it's not throwing constant subplots at you every 5 minutes like Lost liked to do.

Soldato
I'm still loving this, very intrigued to find out whats going on, the story is fermenting slowly, still not entirely sure whats going on, the story has alluded to a couple of explanations but at the same time kinda dismisses/pushes it to the side, is the latest explanation with the bear autopsy the real reason or just a symptom of whatever is causing it? At first i was like AHA! then the polar bear scientist dude made a very vague remark about making the evidence fit your theory... the doubt returns, that kids sick father is a ticking time bomb though!

Back
Top Bottom