Fortnite Battle Royale

Man of Honour
There's nothing to be 'good' at. No matter where I land, the moment my feet hit the ground I get insta-killed. I don't have the option of landing and then actually doing anything. It's land then dead.
If people have looted guns by the time you're hitting the ground, hasn't it occurred to you that they are doing something different to you? They are clearly better at landing location choice, timing and controlling the free fall. After practicing, I am almost at always the first to the ground. This is because I know when to leave the bus, how to dive as quickly as possible, and how far out to aim so that my umbrella will open at a distance at which I can glide down to rooftops from. You need to press W and angle towards the area you want to land at, but not aim up too high that you stop falling as fast. When your glider deploys, survey the area and go for the guns on rooftops @ retail row (best place to learn J think). Yeah you'll get killed quite a bit, but once you learn where the chests are you'll be able to land right on top of them before anyone else is down, and you'll be that guy popping people as they land.

Soldato
50 v 50 mode added until 17th of December.

Really surprised this game isn't getting more attention on here.
Too many old crusties here.

This is the only thing I've been playing for weeks. I've put over 100 hours in the last few weeks. It's the best, most gripping game I've played in a long time, and it just keeps on getting better.

Associate
Too many old crusties here.

This is the only thing I've been playing for weeks. I've put over 100 hours in the last few weeks. It's the best, most gripping game I've played in a long time, and it just keeps on getting better.

I'm an old crustie and i play it :p

Soldato
I've been playing this last couple of days... and I don't get the appeal. After you survive and there are just 5 people left it's just a race to see who can build their defences the quickest and survive. Getting to that point is kind of fun, after that it ends in anti-climax.

There was me and one other guy left, he had RPGs and fired lots at me from the top of his "stairway to heaven". As I dodged them I fired at him with an AR.... he had a sniper :/ I died.

Soldato
How toxic is the game at present?

My 11 year old has expressed and wants to try a "shooter" type game.

I don't think it even has a chat option? If it does i have genuinely never noticed it nor heard anybody talk (i probably have it muted for randoms). So not toxic at all lol

Associate
If people have looted guns by the time you're hitting the ground, hasn't it occurred to you that they are doing something different to you? They are clearly better at landing location choice, timing and controlling the free fall. After practicing, I am almost at always the first to the ground. This is because I know when to leave the bus, how to dive as quickly as possible, and how far out to aim so that my umbrella will open at a distance at which I can glide down to rooftops from. You need to press W and angle towards the area you want to land at, but not aim up too high that you stop falling as fast. When your glider deploys, survey the area and go for the guns on rooftops @ retail row (best place to learn J think). Yeah you'll get killed quite a bit, but once you learn where the chests are you'll be able to land right on top of them before anyone else is down, and you'll be that guy popping people as they land.

Lol! I was thinking of giving this game a shot later but if this what I'll have to do just to land without dying I'll pass. Not exactly noob friendly. I'll just end up rage quitting and buying another mouse. :D

Man of Honour
Lol! I was thinking of giving this game a shot later but if this what I'll have to do just to land without dying I'll pass. Not exactly noob friendly. I'll just end up rage quitting and buying another mouse. :D

Don't let my post put you off, it's way over the top. It's no different to any other game really. My explanation is going semi in depth because I wanted to explain every way in which one might go wrong, but you don't have to cover all these things to not die instantly on landing. It's free, just try it and see how people are moaning over nothing when it comes to dying quickly.

Associate
Not very, don't think I've ran across anyone toxic whilst playing solo or in 50v50 even with voice comms turned on.
If you're playing solo in 50v50, you won't hear any of the other players as voice comms is squad only (if I remember correctly) and I don't think that there's an option of comms in solo mode (although, I'm not too sure about that).

Soldato
I’ve been playing this on Xbox one for weeks, it’s great fun and at the time I never even knew PUBG was anything like it till I read reviews, being new to this type of gaming I did need to get used to it, first thing I did was gather wood and built a base to not realise about the storm and the effect of the storm lol, then after a couple games I realised more about the guns etc, I started getting use to the landing spots and getting my arsenal together, sometimes before others find you, have to be quick, but you can sometimes see others gliding or gathering materials before you land so you have a slight option to glide off, mainly play in squads when nobody team killing me, but it’s great fun and I’ve always been a fan of cartoony graphics if it’s done nicely

Having picked up PUBG on Xbox last night and had a few games just, I can understand it’s appeal, the graphics when not glitching does look more realistic for an army like game, the customisation of the character is cool and better than fortnite(no virtual coins to change looks) and the weapons/controls are good, don’t see the point in the 1st person mode though, but while I need to get used to the game, I don’t like that my first game took 6 minutes of recording before I found someone and died and couple other games I had to record start to finish via 3 videos(not all the 10 minute limit) for each round because it took that long before I got some gear and found anyone, so like 15 minutes before I saw someone in a jeep, then a further few minutes before I found anyone I could attack properly.

So for my own personal experience, they both offer something good, but I do feel PUBG would be better if it didn’t take longer to find people because of so much land to cover.

Soldato
Some of my games can take 30 minutes before contact with another player, i like that thou, personally i would like the map even bigger, i like the hunting for stash the most.

Soldato
I've gave it another go, and still no matter what I do or where I land I insta-die the moment I land, don't think I've managed to take 5 steps yet. Be that on a roof, in a field or nicely nestled betwixt two structures with no line of sight to anyone. It's now deleted from the HDD.

Soldato
I've gave it another go, and still no matter what I do or where I land I insta-die the moment I land, don't think I've managed to take 5 steps yet. Be that on a roof, in a field or nicely nestled betwixt two structures with no line of sight to anyone. It's now deleted from the HDD.
I'm the same.

It doesn't matter where I land, even if I pick a random tree there are 2 other people landing there, and one gets a gun. I probably don't do the optimal dive to get to a location, but should that be a necessity in a game to not die in the first 2 minutes?
On the odd chance I don't die in the first 2 minutes I find that within about 3 minutes I'm in the top thirty. If I make it to 5 minutes in I'm in the top 10. It's probably at this point you have to start building quick and dirty bases, but I'm no good at it because I don't get this far much and building a base much earlier means you're not looting or moving to the circle.

I think the map needs to be bigger so that people can land more spread out. It's no wonder you're in sight of about 2 or 3 people when the game starts as the map is so small for 100 people.
On average I would say I spend more time queuing, waiting in a lobby and jumping out of the bus than I actually spend playing this game.

The games seem so quick even on the occasion where I've made it to the last two there's so little tension. In PUBG the top 10 is edge of your seat stuff because of the time and effort it's taken. In Fortnite I find that because it take about 7 minutes to get into the last 2 it's not as intense.

I guess I like PUBG better because I like looting. In PUBG I get so carried away looting I often struggle to make the circle, Fortnite just doesn't have the same level of looting.

As for griefing, if you do squads (or maybe duos) solo and fill (so you end up with randoms) then there is griefing. I've been moaned at on comms and also downed by my own teammate.

Back
Top Bottom