Fortnite Battle Royale

Soldato
I don't think I've ever been insta-killed..I tend to jump late and find a fairly quiet spot to land. You can always get hold of some kind of weapon before encountering another player.

Soldato
Anyone have an issue when playing the game your CPU fans go mental?

I recently installed an Asus Strix GTX 1080ti and when playing the game my CPU fan goes mental, seemingly 100% although CAM reports it as only a few hundred RPM, the CPU temp never exceeds 40-50 degrees as i have it on water and in a very clean case..

Any advice?

Soldato
Finally got cross play working with my nephew on PS4. Will be playing this a lot more now :)

Is it worth buying the Battle Pass or the Standard Edition game?

Man of Honour
Wat, pc and ps4 players can play together? How do you do this, my nephew would flip out if we could play squads together.
Just seen there has been another update for this, can you confirm if you can still cross play
PS4/PC crossplay?

please tell me more, a lot of my friends play on PS4 but I like my PC too much

I haven't done it myself, but I do know of people engaging in PS4/PC crossplay.

PS4 players should download the Epic launcher on a PC, create an account/login with their existing account, and then add the PC player or accept a PC player's friend invite. After that, you should be able to invite each other in to a party inside Fortnite. I've heard it only works if PS4 players invite PC players to their party, and I've also heard the opposite... I certainly wouldn't want to be a PS4 player in a mainly PC player game!

Soldato
I haven't done it myself, but I do know of people engaging in PS4/PC crossplay.

PS4 players should download the Epic launcher on a PC, create an account/login with their existing account, and then add the PC player or accept a PC player's friend invite. After that, you should be able to invite each other in to a party inside Fortnite. I've heard it only works if PS4 players invite PC players to their party, and I've also heard the opposite... I certainly wouldn't want to be a PS4 player in a mainly PC player game!

Thats exactly how it works :) Thing is if you launched the game on PS4 and skipped making an Epic Account then you have to do this:

1. Go to the Epic Games website and in the top right silhouette select Playstation
2. Create an Epic games account using your PSN name (very important)
3. Once logged in click on Accounts and unlink your PS4 account
4. Logout of Epic Games and create a new Epic Games account using a new "username"
5. Log into this new account and link your PS4 account to it

Associate
A hefty update dropped today, with lots of updates to the map including a built up town area. It's worth checking out if you've been away for a bit!

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/v-2-2-0-patch-notes

Old Map:
rhhAGHDh.jpg

New Map:
OD9lnf1h.jpg

The main changes are the additions to the east side, as well as what they describe as "Biomes" which will give the main areas a more distinctive look.
Don't understand why they decided to make the game more darker, its like they are trying to make it less kiddy

Man of Honour
Servers just came back online after another update. Lots of bugs fixed (probably lots of new ones created too!), but the big addition this time is the minigun.... should be interesting!

V.2.4.0 Patch Notes

GENERAL

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where some users would get unnecessarily long queue times while logging into the game.
  • Fixed an issue where some users would have to wait in line additional time after their queue timer completed.
BATTLE ROYALE

WEAPONS

• MiniGun
    • Found in Chests and Supply drops
    • Fires almost as quickly as SMG
    • Uses Light ammo
  • Suppressed Pistol
    • Reduced drop chances of Epic variant by 20%.
    • Reduced drop chances of Legendary variant by 33%.
GAMEPLAY

• Added “Controller Auto Run” option.
    • This enables/disables the auto run feature on controllers.
    • Auto run, which was introduced in v2.3.0, is enabled by double clicking the left thumb stick on controllers.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed a few landscape areas that were barely below floor height before.
    • This sometimes caused the majority of a structure to appear underground.
  • Players can now shoot through the Soccer goal.
GENERAL

• Added “3D Resolution” slider to Video options on PC and Mac.
    • This new preference allows you to set the resolution of the 3D world, without affecting the user interface.
    • The range goes between 640x360 and your selected Display Resolution. Using a lower 3D Resolution may greatly improve frame rate.
    • When selecting an overall Quality option, an appropriate 3D Resolution will be chosen automatically.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed a client crash that would get triggered by an audio cue.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from unmuting other players in the lobby screen.
  • Fixed an issue causing an incorrect character model to display on the lobby screen.
  • Fixed an issue causing entire walls to highlight when looking at a door.
PERFORMANCE

Bug Fixes

• Fixed client hitching which could occur when the Chug Jug was found in game.
  • Made engine performance improvements to how we process collision overlap events.
  • Reduced network bandwidth usage when players are walking, and when they are standing still
UI

Spectating

• Added spectator count UI to the HUD. This appears in game as a small eye in the lower left corner when there are active spectators. Better off not knowing? There is also an option to disable the feature under game options labeled “Show Spectator Count”.
Bug Fixes

• Removed an unnecessary button prompt on the left side of the news widget.
  • Added a border highlight around item shop tiles when selecting them on consoles.
  • Fixed an issue allowing the old trap picker radial menu to open. This radial menu is no longer used for selecting traps.
  • Fixed an issue causing weapon icons to not display properly on the hotbar in some cases.
  • Fixed a few spots on the map and minimap that were rendered as black spots.
  • Fixed the floor under the hero not showing up when previewing emotes in the locker or item shop
  • Fixed emotes being offset if they were viewed in succession.
ART/ANIMATION

• Optimized the colored rarity effect on weapons and items to improve overall performance.
    • Colors may look slightly different.
Bug Fixes

• Corrected the drinking speed animation for the 15-second Chug Jug item.
AUDIO

Bug Fixes

• Improved spatialization of loot chest audio by increasing the audio volume if you’re aiming at them.
  • Removed the static audio from living room televisions.
  • Fixed a directional audio issue when another player switches to a shotgun.
  • Removed footstep audio from dance emotes.
WORLD

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the missing collision on a window asset in Tilted Towers.
  • Fixed the landscape appearing jagged at medium-range distances.
  • Fixed flickering artifacts that are sometimes seen on the rivers while riding the Battle Bus.
  • Fixed an issue causing two items to spawn in the same location near Lonely Lodge.
  • Fixed some seams in the terrain south of Anarchy Acres.
  • Disabled the collision on the vines in Moisty Mire.
FIXED ISSUES

• Incorrect building piece can be highlighted when quickly entering build mode and swapping building pieces
  • Mac clients are unable to see sniper or scoped AR scope reticle
  • Using Cozy Campfire in the pre-game lobby appears to give full shields above player health bar after exiting bus
  • In-game team player names aren't appearing while spectating
  • PS4 Resolution is significantly lower than it has been in the past.
KNOWN ISSUES

• Chests occasionally have no loot in them
  • Sometimes the first weapon found cannot be equipped
  • Players will receive quests for “Blitz Mode” LTM
    • This mode is not currently available
    • We are working to remove this from available quests
  • You cannot open the pause menu if you go into the DBNO state while in build mode.

Soldato
Hit register is now so much better in the new mode - Shooting Test 1. Really enjoying it. A white AR is now a legit threat. Sniper Shootout was great fun too.

I think they got the minigun damage and scatter just right. Obviously not realistic damage but that gives you time to get off a snipe, maybe two, before you get riddled.

Feels like the building bugs with controller have been mostly sorted too, now.

Soldato
I'm mostly enjoying the game. It's free, which is great. I don't feel like I'll buy pubg until I get paid, so this is great until then. I do honestly keep getting my arse kicked when I do shoot people, but generally when I start I go to what I think will be a location with no one, and then collect my weapons etc before making my way in. Normally I end up in the top 10 with a couple of kills, but that's really it.

I just got to use the new crossbow, which is great!

Man of Honour
Fired this up for first time in weeks, tested the new gun mode and got my first ever solo win, can now fall with an Umbrella :p

12he3A8.jpg

While I will congratulate you on your first win regardless, I wouldn't be too proud of getting one with only 3 kills :p

:ed: Safe to assume you prefer the different shooting model?

Back
Top Bottom