Fortnite Battle Royale

Soldato
I've got generally ruined in the test shooting mode. I'm not sure that my strategy is great, though. I normally drop into an area where I know I'll be utterly alone, collect all the stuff I need, and then head into the centre. The problem I think is that by the time I get there, all the good players are waiting for me.

I've been sniped quite a number of times :(

Man of Honour
I've got generally ruined in the test shooting mode. I'm not sure that my strategy is great, though. I normally drop into an area where I know I'll be utterly alone, collect all the stuff I need, and then head into the centre. The problem I think is that by the time I get there, all the good players are waiting for me.

I've been sniped quite a number of times :(

While I understand why you do that, I think it's ultimately counterproductive. You'll learn more by dropping tilted towers or at least somewhere half busy than you will in the middle of nowhere.

Soldato
I only tried this for a couple of small goes solo and it didn't really take, wasn't a fan of the graphical style - however me and a mate had a proper go yesterday for a few hours and i've got to admit my first first impression was wrong. It was a lot of fun, building is excellent, hit reg is pretty good and even managed a win.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah you won't get anywhere without a mic my friend

Literally just been out to get a headset >_<

Might not get on for a week though, have an ice hockey match tomorrow, and off to Amsterdam Thursday morning for a few nights, but ill be back on this most of the time when i get back i reckon :)

Man of Honour
This game is screaming out for a practice area or offline + bots option. It's a laborious processing learning the mechanics and geography of the game whilst actually playing the game.

I agree, it would be easier, but the slow but sure progress leading to a steady standard of play is a victory in itself.

I expect they will either do as you say by introducing custom matches soon, or things may become slightly less laborious when they enable skill based matchmaking.

Soldato
seem to be getting the hang of this a bit more, i just really don't like the whole building aspect of it...which i know is half the game really lol

i agree - the building aspect is something that needs a practise area/session. Also the stupidity of launch pads when people come flying into buildings/towers and insta shotgun you to death is a bit ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom