Fortnite Battle Royale

Soldato
Hows the hacking? I have heard its a big problem, mainly because the game is free but of course PUBG proves it can happen even if its not. Anyone experienced anything?

I might have been in a game or two and my deaths were a little bit suspect, although it was probably just me playing poorly and not thinking, did call BS at the time though! I don't think its that big a problem, especially considering it is a free game and I don't think its seen nearly as often as some people say.

Soldato
Hows the hacking? I have heard its a big problem, mainly because the game is free but of course PUBG proves it can happen even if its not. Anyone experienced anything?

They are doing a great job of eliminating them, at present. First week or so there were plenty. All last week I've only seen the banhammer falling once every few games, after hundreds of thousands of bans, and just the one winner who had more health and armour than is legitimately possible. And he'll probably be banned soon enough, too. They seem rather serious about stopping cheats. Lawsuit against two cheat makers on the way as well. The cheat report button while you spectate is very handy.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/10/13/two-fortnite-cheaters-sued-by-epic/

Associate
Hmmmm

Not sure if it was hacking or not on the PC - got down to the last 5, was in a gun fight with a guy and all of the sudden, game crashed out. Felt a bit suspicious - considering it has never crashed before...

Caporegime
Quite like this. I've never played any of these sort of battle royale games before but this is pretty fun, especially when you play in a duo/squad.

Nice to see it's not pay to win, and the only items available for purchase are purely cosmetic.

Man of Honour
In the ever decreasing amount of time I have to play games I've been really enjoying this too. Not played as a team yet but I do like playing in squad mode as a solo. Something very satisfying about taking down a while squad. No wins for me yet though!

Soldato
I want to like this, but I feel the map is so small that I either get shot before I land or shot shortly after I land. There are always about 3 people wherever I land even if I go for the smaller places.
Some people seem to get down so much faster, I've not figured out the optimal time to jump to get to a location.

Soldato
I want to like this, but I feel the map is so small that I either get shot before I land or shot shortly after I land. There are always about 3 people wherever I land even if I go for the smaller places.
Some people seem to get down so much faster, I've not figured out the optimal time to jump to get to a location.

It happens. Avoid populated areas (towns). Choose areas furthest away from where the bus makes entry over the map (bear in mind bus travels a bit faster than you can skydive so sometimes worth it to stay on until bus route + skydiving route are optimal for your chosen landing spot). Explore the north-east, unless the bus makes entry in that region. There's about a dozen good locations there. For example:

Suggest you choose a spot there, and if you see other players are landing there, just glide to the nearest alternative spot.

Soldato

Same problems here. I've played God knows how many rounds and it's always the same wherever I choose to land. I land, look about to get my bearings and BOOM - I'm one-shotted by somebody I can't see. It's the reason I've given up on the game.

Soldato
To all those people getting one shotted you just need to get good at the game. Thats not meant in the way it sounds. I was continually getting one shot and dying as soon as landing, so in order to combat this I went to the highly populated areas. Each timeI could I would skydive into "pleasant park", the same house so I knew the surroundings. Over time you will get to know the layouts of each house, where the chests are etc... so that when you land on the roof of a building you go to the right most corner (for example) and smash into the attic to find a chest right away.

I genuinely think the only way to break this getting one shot is to continually go to the same place time and time again, learn the area, and then you might have an advantage over those that also land in future.

Also the shotty when looting houses is excellent to mow people down :p

Soldato
To all those people getting one shotted you just need to get good at the game. Thats not meant in the way it sounds. I was continually getting one shot and dying as soon as landing, so in order to combat this I went to the highly populated areas. Each timeI could I would skydive into "pleasant park", the same house so I knew the surroundings. Over time you will get to know the layouts of each house, where the chests are etc... so that when you land on the roof of a building you go to the right most corner (for example) and smash into the attic to find a chest right away.

I genuinely think the only way to break this getting one shot is to continually go to the same place time and time again, learn the area, and then you might have an advantage over those that also land in future.

Also the shotty when looting houses is excellent to mow people down :p

That or the people playing are mostly invested into the pay to win scheme with this game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/c...in_ruin_an_otherwise/?st=j9i5tl0v&sh=c6dafd47

Caporegime
Finally won my first game the other night in a squad. All I can recommend is just gather as many resources as you can at the beginning (I had almost a thousand of each) and then we just built massive brick/metal towers as quick as possible near the end. I've mapped each build option to the buttons on my mouse so I can get a wall or stairs up fast without having to switch and then scroll, etc.

The auto shotgun is the way forward for most of the game. Then you want that yellow or orange SCAR.

Man of Honour
Got my first win tonight in solo. What an amazing game this is. I've only been in the last 8 a handful of times, but things are starting to click now which is showing by some ridiculously long range snipe headshots that seemed impossible but somehow they landed. Those final few minutes, what a rush :cool:

Associate
OP

Slow chute. Works in Fortnite as well as PUBG.

Open your parasol thingy early and watch where people are falling to below you (you can open and reclose the parasol as many times as you like). Then fall somewhere as to avoid said other people. Works every time.
Having said that its fun to land with your four man squad right on top of somebody, corner them and melee them to death before anybody gets a weapon. Me and a squamate once got a guy in a corner in a house in early game. Nobody had weapons. We punched him in the head until he was down. It was great fun.

Soldato
You think we haven't tried loads of **** like that? I've jumped as soon as possible and got down to ground in the quickest time possible, I've left it to the last moment and landed the furthest distance away and everything in between those two extremes - yet I still get insta-killed by somebody I can't see.

No matter what tactics I employ it's always the same - I get insta-killed within a few seconds of landing.

Associate
OP
You think we haven't tried loads of **** like that? I've jumped as soon as possible and got down to ground in the quickest time possible, I've left it to the last moment and landed the furthest distance away and everything in between those two extremes - yet I still get insta-killed by somebody I can't see.

No matter what tactics I employ it's always the same - I get insta-killed within a few seconds of landing.

That doesn't happen to me. You might be playing with cheaters. Try another server.

Soldato
Hmmmm

Not sure if it was hacking or not on the PC - got down to the last 5, was in a gun fight with a guy and ALL OF A SUDDEN, game crashed out. Felt a bit suspicious - considering it has never crashed before...

It won't have been a game hack, it'll have just been bad luck on your behalf.

Man of Honour

Yeah, I experienced this too. Very frustrating and I was sure there must have been another explanation, but I'm afraid it really is just that you're not very good. My advice is to watch Dakotaz (Twitch and Youtube), quite entertaining and you can learn a lot from the way he plays. I'm sure there are other decent streamers but he's my favourite, plus he sounds like Badger from Breaking Bad so it's win-win. The thing that made the most difference to me is consistency in landing spot. You need to go to the same place every time, no matter what, and learn the area, loot route, and the areas around it as you push towards the circle.

Back
Top Bottom