*** Forum Update - Official Issues Thread - Please check the OP for known issues ***

Commissario
I will say one thing though.

A competitor based in Manchester (well I guess not really a competitor these days) had quite a good forum and community going.

Then they "upgraded" their forums. They went down for 2 weeks, when they came back, were completely unusable, and completely killed off the entire community, in about a month.

So, to be fair to OCUK, it could be worse :p
If you think back to when we upgraded from VBB to Xenforo about five or six years ago, it was an utter nightmare and took a long time to fix things. The forum wasn't quite unusable when it went live but it wasn't far from it and we (the mod team) were as surprised as everyone else when it went live in the state it did.

This time, I think we've done a pretty good job on the desktop version but quite simply haven't been able to test the mobile theme quite so much which is evident by the amount of feedback we're getting.

We will get there and we rely on people telling us what needs work.

What would be really nice is if people take the effort to read the first post in this thread and see if their issue has already been reported before they post. That would really help us by not having to repeat things over and over again.

Associate
There's no page skip/numbers/etc at the top of the page on mobile. Apologies if mentioned already, can't see it in OP.

I'm with the others, needs some work on mobile site.

Also 2 clicks for edit posts feels like a downgrade.

The reply box appears why i'm currently editing, odd.

Likes are not a good thing imo. But it is what it is i guess.

Soldato
This time, I think we've done a pretty good job on the desktop version but quite simply haven't been able to test the mobile theme quite so much which is evident by the amount of feedback we're getting.
i know i'm a serial moaner so only fair to say i think it really deserves highlighting how good a job has been done on the desktop version. well done all

Soldato
Trying to quote someone (or more than one person) can be a right horrible mess.

1st Issue

Previously if I quoted Person A and then, whilst replying (or editing a reply), I wanted to add another quote from Person B, all I had to do was put the text cursor where I wanted the quote to appear in my "currently being written" post, go to Person B's quote and hit "Quote" and in my reply their quote would appear where my text cursor was with all the Quote formatting. Easy Peasy.

Now it doesn't do that, it starts a new post with Person B quote as a whole new post and you can't add Person B's quote to your initial reply to Person A at all i.e. you have to do everything via "Multi" which means you need to know beforehand which posts you want to quote and can't add in other quotes later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Issue

If I wanted to copy/paste a quote that was already in my reply (during an edit etc) then previously I could just Copy/Paste without issue.

Now doing that only moves the text and doesn't move the "Quote" (i.e. Feek said:.......... etc) so you lose all that "quote" formatting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall it feels different enough that I don't like it, but thats just because I'm old and hate change. However as long as it eventually works I'll just get used to it, but there's still some functionality issues which need ironing out of the next few weeks.

Soldato
I usually go straight to the watched threads link as that's where my bookmark points, however since the upgrade it shows all threads that I am watching, not just the ones with posts since my last visit, is there a way to adjust this behaviour?

Soldato
Bring back old forum plx

No post counts or dates
No new posts option at top
Clicking on a thread takes me to random page in it, not latest page
This reply box doesn't move when typing, so I'm typing this sentence unseen :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom