Forza Horizon 4

Associate
OP
I loved FH3, but I got by the save sync bug and lost all progress, everything! I have Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels DLC so im starting from scratch..

It might be worth posting in the official forums, I had that bug at one point.

I posted in the forum and somebody sorted it in a way, they gifted me the total earnings I'd made so far as well as all of the horizon and forzathon cars I'd earned.

I basically started a new game from level one with over a hundred million in the bank, all the prize cars I'd earned (plus a few extra that he'd gifted).

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'll wait for discounts or something. I really liked FH3 but I still haven't 100%'d it after a year, nor Motorsport 7, so there's absolutely no point in getting this at release and I'd want the Ultimate which is really expensive.

It really does feel identical, just a different but similarly sized map with seasons. Which is cool and all but not at these prices.
Out of curiosity what does ultimate offer over standard that is a must have? For me most games the standard is enough. Anything extra tacked on like dlc in most cases are of no interest.

Soldato
Out of curiosity what does ultimate offer over standard that is a must have? For me most games the standard is enough. Anything extra tacked on like dlc in most cases are of no interest.

I usually go with standard editions as well unless it's a game I really like and it was the case with Horizon 3. I got it a bit cheaper and Ultimate is the usual stuff, car pass, VIP status for double earnings etc. I did use a lot of the DLC cars but it was still too expensive.

This time round, the Ultimate is a bit better value as it also includes the expansion pass. It's still a lot of money, though so I'll gladly wait till I wrap up Horizon 3 and the rest of my backlog.

Soldato
The two expansions for FH3, Blizzard mountain and Hot wheels were 'must haves' IMO and think were £15 a pop on launch. This has two too.

Car pass seems better this time around as its two cars per week for 21 weeks.

Also VIP for more money and special events.

Only paid just over forty quid for the Ultimate version ;) I can live with that :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I usually go with standard editions as well unless it's a game I really like and it was the case with Horizon 3. I got it a bit cheaper and Ultimate is the usual stuff, car pass, VIP status for double earnings etc. I did use a lot of the DLC cars but it was still too expensive.

This time round, the Ultimate is a bit better value as it also includes the expansion pass. It's still a lot of money, though so I'll gladly wait till I wrap up Horizon 3 and the rest of my backlog.
Not sure if I would care for those to be honest. But won’t really know until I play I suppose.

The two expansions for FH3, Blizzard mountain and Hot wheels were 'must haves' IMO and think were £15 a pop on launch. This has two too.

Car pass seems better this time around as its two cars per week for 21 weeks.

Also VIP for more money and special events.

Only paid just over forty quid for the Ultimate version ;) I can live with that :)
How did you manage that? Still available? I know CDKeys have the standard are one for around £35.

My understanding is these games have a lot of content. I get the feeling I would be done with the game and not fancy any of the dlc personally. But cannot be sure as I have not even played FH3. Been resisting hoping we will see these games on steam eventually. Would actually be happy to wait if a full version of FH3 was released on steam now that FH4 is out, but I doubt it.

Recently picked up my first Microsoft Store game. Wanted to play Halo Wars 2 and managed to get it for £8 so was happy with that. Now I am thinking of adding FH3 and 4 to it. One thing I will say, Microsoft’s store app is a lot better than it used to be. Much cleaner now.

Was hoping Halo Wars 2 would be out on Steam by now as the original was released last year. Also games like quantum leap and others have eventually hit steam.

Want to pick up FH3 now, but still the cheapest is £22 which is expensive for a game so old in my opinion. Should be more like a tenner by now.

Soldato
Not sure if I would care for those to be honest. But won’t really know until I play I suppose.

How did you manage that? Still available? I know CDKeys have the standard are one for around £35.

My understanding is these games have a lot of content. I get the feeling I would be done with the game and not fancy any of the dlc personally. But cannot be sure as I have not even played FH3. Been resisting hoping we will see these games on steam eventually. Would actually be happy to wait if a full version of FH3 was released on steam now that FH4 is out, but I doubt it.

Recently picked up my first Microsoft Store game. Wanted to play Halo Wars 2 and managed to get it for £8 so was happy with that. Now I am thinking of adding FH3 and 4 to it. One thing I will say, Microsoft’s store app is a lot better than it used to be. Much cleaner now.

Was hoping Halo Wars 2 would be out on Steam by now as the original was released last year. Also games like quantum leap and others have eventually hit steam.

Want to pick up FH3 now, but still the cheapest is £22 which is expensive for a game so old in my opinion. Should be more like a tenner by now.
via VPN and Turkish store on Xbox, but recently due to the currency going bang they have closed that loophole off.

There is a guide, think McBain posted it, in the Xbox One X thread.

Soldato
Just had 370TRY debited from my Revolut account :) ten days to go.

Hopefully the rest of the preload will happen soon as have three devices to load it on and can't see it being small.

Soldato
I was a bit surprised to see that shifting down gears was not actually allocated a button on the xbox controller by default! I had to manually set up a profile to get it to my liking (basically forza 4 controls). The driving and feel of it seems just as fun as FH3. It's just kind of a reskin. I think thats enough, this time round. Ill get it an enjoy it. I think FH5 will need to be significantly different though .

Still waiting for "Forza 4 2" - no loot boxes, only one currency, no micro transactions, hundreds of tracks and cars, both a career and simple list view for races... Pure driving fun.

Soldato
:cool:

• 1964 Aston Martin DB5 inspired by Goldfinger (1964), Thunderball (1965), GoldenEye (1995), Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015)
  • 1969 Aston Martin DBS from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
  • 1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback from The Man With the Golden Gun (1974)
  • 1977 Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
  • 1981 Citroën 2CV6 from For Your Eyes Only (1981)
  • 1986 Aston Martin V8 from The Living Daylights (1987)
  • 1999 BMW Z8 from The World is Not Enough (1999)
  • 2008 Aston Martin DBS from Quantum of Solace (2008)
  • 2010 Jaguar C-X75 from Spectre (2015)
  • 2015 Aston Martin DB10 from Spectre (2015)

Associate
OP
Forgive the ignorance, is there a story / career mode in this and if so who detailed / immersive is it?

Been thinking about selling my G27 setup as I don't use it.

There is a single player career of sorts, you essentially travel to races and events around the map and compete using different classes of cars. The tracks/routes are usually pretty diverse, some might be road only, others are dirt or a mixture of both. The more you complete the more points you gain into leveling up an area of the map and unlocking even more difficult/rewarding races.

There are plenty of collectables dotted around that will give prizes, as well as weekly challenges that will reward you with cash or rare cars, sometimes ones not available to buy outside of the auction house. A lot of of these can also be collected in multiplayer free roam as well so it ends up being quite fun switching between the two.

Back
Top Bottom