Forza Horizon 4

Soldato
Tried the demo, it's okay.

Handling is what you would expect for what is bascially an arcade game, visuals look like something from 2015 (maybe even older), had everything maxed but they didn't really impress me.

Sound was a bit of an issue, stuttery audio, sounds seem to be duplicated with a slight delay, almost like an echo.

I wouldn't buy it.

What game from 2015 looks that good and runs that well?

Soldato
Need for speed? Grid 2? Project Cars? Dirt Rally Doesn't really matter, the visually didn't impress me.

Also seemed to have a ridge racer vibe about it, that might appeal to some I guess.

Well each to their own, I was just curious for an example. I think it looks better than any of the games you mentioned personally.

It's absolutely nothing like Ridge Racer handling though. It's as close to that as it is to Assetto Corsa.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
lol, the graphics are great! Especially if you crank everything to max rather than leave it on dynamic. Maybe your eyes are failing.

Also the attention to detail is very good....

ubi1fwu14zl11.jpg

Associate
Tried the demo and it runs very smoothly which is a big suprise because F6 Apex, FH3 demo and FM7 demo all had performance issues on my system. I really wanted to buy FM7 but the problems with the horrible store and poor performance of their UWP games but me right off :(

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Well I've pre-ordered the ultimate edition. F7 and FH3 ran great as did the demo do I'm confident FH4 will too. Can't wait!

Associate
Forza 7 runs fine for me. What's wrong with the store and performance of it? I can do a video if you like?

Lots of people not able to downlaod and install the game, issues with license and dlc, crashes, bad performance etc. Months later I still see lots having the same problems in reviews and the support forum. I might take a punt when its on sale, if refunding is not too difficult to do. If these were on steam I would not hesitate to buy and try them.

Soldato
Forza 3 Horizon, on release, had quite a few bugs that were not game breaking but it did need a patch or two before it ran flawlessly.

This demo runs without a hitch for me which bodes well.

Regarding the download, I also had a few problems getting it down the pipe. I just had to keep restarting it when it error'd, luckily it just carries on from where it stopped. I've found the Msoft store is just really prone to problems on large downloads.

Soldato
Forza 3 Horizon, on release, had quite a few bugs that were not game breaking but it did need a patch or two before it ran flawlessly.

FH3 was a mess at launch for quite a lot of people, loads of stuttering, crashing, memory usage issues, massive FPS drops in the city, menu lag, logitech wheels not working properly etc..

Associate
OP
Need to get around to downloading the demo over the weekend, unfortunately I deleted all of the normal windows apps including the store not long ago and have struggled to get them back.

Gonna have to do a bit of tinkering it seems.

Associate
Just had a quick play on the demo, and I am impressed. Was a big fan of FH3!

Graphics are immense!
There is a level above ultra btw if you go in to custom settings

1080TI @ 2.1GHz @ 4K resolution Benchmark
Settings Absolute max including 8xaa and fxaa
Average FPS: 62
Min FPS: 53

Soldato
Love it when people moan about graphics being crap..

And they most likely have a 1080p 150 quid aoc monitor with a 1080ti..

Games like this shine and look incredible in ultrawides/4k monitors..

Soldato
Downloaded the demo last night but not had chance to try it out yet. As long as it's more of the same, as I enjoyed horizon 3, I'll be happy enough.

I still think horizon 3 looks excellent, but then I play it on an X34a ultrawide.

Associate
OP
To be honest they look great even at 1080p, I never once had a moment where I thought the visuals looked poor in FH3. I did however have many moments where the weather and lighting were in that sweet spot making the game look stunning, good enough to stop and take photos.

Soldato
I've not tried the demo, but I'd wager the graphics are the least of the problems of this game. I'd love for the Horizon games to adopt the Motorsport genres handling. Soon as you blast through a stone wall in an RX7 and continue down the road I'm all out of interest. Also, it needs more pot holes.

Soldato
I'll wait for discounts or something. I really liked FH3 but I still haven't 100%'d it after a year, nor Motorsport 7, so there's absolutely no point in getting this at release and I'd want the Ultimate which is really expensive.

It really does feel identical, just a different but similarly sized map with seasons. Which is cool and all but not at these prices.

Back
Top Bottom