Soldato
OP
I completed 3 of the long races today in A class cars,(Goliath, Colossus and whatever the dirt race is), the rubberbanding AI is terrible. (15 min, 18min & 23min races)

At the start of the race at least the top 3 cars get a power increase, this slightly decreases at around 30% then again at 65% and they drop to normal power or less at 70%, then 2nd place gets a power increase at 90-95% for that close finish. It was similar on Expert & Pro, maybe slightly different percentages.

If you create a blueprint you can set quite a few rules when conditions are met, unfortunately not AI speed..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Unpopular opinion no doubt; I’m not sure what I was really expecting but having played a ton of FH4 and eventually got bored, I’m almost instantly bored within a couple of hours with FH5.
Same. No fast travel doesn’t help but the map is dull versus Fh4

Soldato
I'm enjoying it, looks great, feels fast, races short and progression quick. All the things I like these days. It feels more like Horizon 4.1 than a new game though. Scenery is different sure, but you don't really see it while racing and I don't think it's a step up from the series x enhanced version of 4. Great gampepass title, would feel a bit short changed if I had paid full retail for it.

Soldato
I'm new to console gaming since the launch of Series X, FH4 I've played far too much of as I found it easy to get in to and enjoyed the challenge, but FH5 I'm finding is too easy initially to level up, granted with VIP the cash rolls in twice as quick but I'm just able to blow it on anything instead of having to save or challenge for it. I had all 7 houses within a week but that took me months in FH4. The map is beautiful to drive around in certain areas but it doesn't feel as well laid out as FH4 with quite a few isolated locations and lots of switch back roads to get anywhere. The elasticated skill of the CPU players is a lot more obvious too.

It's still going to be played regularly, but as a single player I'm feeling the frustrations already and probably need to wait for the initial gamepass achievement earners to drop off so I'm left playing with more serious players.

Soldato
Yeah the AI is a bit odd. On the point to point races they seem uncatchable until 60 or so % through. By 75% easy to pass, by 85% you are miles ahead, by 95% there's barely two seconds in it. Haven't tried any of the longer ones yet.

Soldato
OP
The first Hot Fix update has arrived

maintenance tomorrow morning for some other fixes

Version Number:
  • Xbox One consoles: 1.410.860.0
  • Xbox Series consoles: 3.410.860.0
  • PC: 3.410.860.2
  • Steam: 1.410.860.0

Game Stability
  • Fixed several crashes
  • Fixed a potential crash that could happen if an emote was earned whilst offline
  • Fixed a potential crash that can happen when starting a Horizon Arcade
  • Fixed a potential crash that occurred when spawning traffic cars
  • Fixed a crash when loading EventLab events
  • Fixed a crash when upgrading cars

Multiplayer
  • Improved stability of Horizon Life connections
  • Improvements to online traffic
  • Fixed issue where player’s car would get stopped when losing connection to Horizon Life
  • Disabled Convoy voice chat to help track down the long load times in Online events
  • Improvements to Horizon Arcade for other player visibility and joining and leaving Arcade events
  • Fixed Eliminator Head to Heads not ending when players reached the finish point

Wheel Compatibility
  • Fixed a disconnect pop up that was preventing Wheels from functioning correctly on PC

Exploits
  • Updated the Car Masteries for various cars to address an exploit
  • Removed an exploit that could be achieved when creating Challenge Cards
  • Removed an exploit when creating specific route configurations in EventLab
  • Fixed an issue which allowed players to purchase cars from the Car Collection screen which weren’t available in the Autoshow
  • Added checks to stop an exploit with driving assists
  • Stopped players being able to download tunes before a race starts

DLC
  • Fixed VIP Player House not being free for some VIPs
  • Fixed VIP House not giving player correct Forzathon Point multiplier
  • Fixed issue where some VIP players weren’t receiving Super Wheelspins

Rewards
  • Fixed players not receiving the loyalty reward for playing Forza Motorsport 5
  • Fixed an issue with Car Collection where it was possible that a player could lose pending rewards if they quit the game
  • Rebalanced UGC payouts

PC Settings
  • Fixed Resolution Scaling causing GTAO depth issues on PC
  • Fixed issue where distant terrain could appear as low res on PC Ultra settings

Other
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible for the player to fall out of world after completing the Trial
  • Fixed an issue where input stops working on the Press Start screen
  • Cross Country Event difficulty has been tuned slightly easier on Drivatar Difficulty levels below Unbeatable to smooth off some difficulty spikes
  • Fixed EventLab notifications persisting in Freeroam
  • Fixed some Accolades missing icons on Xbox One and Xbox One S
  • Fixed profanity filter not applying correctly on Super 7

No longer get the skill point refund when you gift cars, shame as i bought 10x '69 Charger's for 10k each over the last day or so. 6x that nobody unlocked the Charger Daytona's on before selling, those get listed for 2-3mill each. It will take a while to unlock all those skill points now to get the free extra cars!

Soldato
OP
There are two broken daily challenges on the forzathon.

- The showcase one - you have to come in 2nd to get it to complete, the train showcase worked for me (might be ok if you haven't already completed all of them)
- The rivals one - you have to beat a rival, but make sure your lap is dirty, hit a wall or something but still beat the rivals time

You have to fail to complete them, sounds about right these days!

Soldato
Great game but highly frustrating multiplayer doesn't work very well.

Try to play freeroam with my brother and our cars keep disappearing from the map, then they'll reappear for a second then disappear again.

Soldato
I am really enjoying the game but I think for me I enjoyed 4 a lot more. I feel like the balance is out on game progression, I don't feel that I've put too much time into it yet I've completed the main story and become a VIP with all houses purchased, feels that it should have taken longer to get there... beyond going through the stories and hitting the bonus boards apart from the final few I've not really done much to get this far.

Soldato
OP
@spaceman any tips on vehicles or tunes for this week's event? I've done half the events already, but could do with some hints!

rp2000

I've only done a couple so far:-

The Trial - I've got a shared A800 AWD tune for the Corvette '20 - i came 1st & 3rd and completed it on the first attempt. - 'when it rains it pours' looks to need the same car.
The Buggy Stuff - I used my B700 tune for it all, 500k part i just i went to the bumpy/cactus area near the start of the motorway and got loads of air skills. The 3x Cross Country events, i used my shared HFH - Time Trials - Cross Country blueprint (No drivatars, but set to unbeatable, it's only 1 lap of an easy track) x3 times, the Trailblazer i used the top of the mountain that B class tune was fine for 2 stars each go.

I've got a '17 Raptor tune that might be ok for the event that give you a different rare Raptor, i haven't looked at the others yet.

---------------------
If anyone needs credits, create a few challenge cards, make them easy to complete.

I'm earning 500,000 credits (max in one go) twice a day if i get a chance to login in the morning and evening, just from those. That's with around 1000 uses or likes each time. I suppose they must be in a random list for the Super 7 or something with all the others people create, unless players find them on the map.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've only done a couple so far:-

The Trial - I've got a shared A800 AWD tune for the Corvette '20 - i came 1st & 3rd and completed it on the first attempt. - 'when it rains it pours' looks to need the same car.
The Buggy Stuff - I used my B700 tune for it all, 500k part i just i went to the bumpy/cactus area near the start of the motorway and got loads of air skills. The 3x Cross Country events, i used my shared HFH - Time Trials - Cross Country blueprint (No drivatars, but set to unbeatable, it's only 1 lap of an easy track) x3 times, the Trailblazer i used the top of the mountain that B class tune was fine for 2 stars each go.

I've got a '17 Raptor tune that might be ok for the event that give you a different rare Raptor, i haven't looked at the others yet.
I tried The Trial 4 times with the Corvette and failed. It's too dependant on the other players. To mix it up I went with an auto tuned i8 and won 1st time, but I just got paired with good racers and got lucky!
1st 2 races with the Raptor were easy, I had your tune from last weeks event, but these drivers were only highly skilled so not too tough anyway.

Only events I don't have a plan for are When it rains it pours (cant use the Corvette for that) and Four on the Floor. Will wait to see how you approach those as credits are starting to run low :D My general strategy of just buying the car and auto tuning it is expensive with trial and error, and I'm too lazy to try to win long auctions and save credits.

rp2000

Soldato
OP
I tried The Trial 4 times with the Corvette and failed. It's too dependant on the other players. To mix it up I went with an auto tuned i8 and won 1st time, but I just got paired with good racers and got lucky!
1st 2 races with the Raptor were easy, I had your tune from last weeks event, but these drivers were only highly skilled so not too tough anyway.

Only events I don't have a plan for are When it rains it pours (cant use the Corvette for that) and Four on the Floor. Will wait to see how you approach those as credits are starting to run low :D My general strategy of just buying the car and auto tuning it is expensive with trial and error, and I'm too lazy to try to win long auctions and save credits.

rp2000

Yeah the trial does depend on everyone, as long as there are a couple of people near the front, its usually a win.

Glad the rapter was some use, i'll use that later.

Which cars do you have that fit those two? I haven't tried either yet.

I've got a 2010 Audi tt rs coupe i used for the dirt race seasonal's previously, that tune is shared, might be ok for 'when it rains it pours' i guess its all dirt races in the rain.

I've got about 12 sport utility heroes i could use for four on the floor, but haven't tuned or even driven any of the yet, haha. The Jeep Trackhawk used to be good in FH4, i may tune that to A800 as it starts around A750.

EDIT: Just completed the dirt racing seasonal in the Audi TT, was easy with that one. Your drivatar was in the three races driving it too!

Shared an A800 Jeep Trackhawk tune I completed the cross country in. The 2nd race with big jumps was annoying, the drivatars don't slow down when they land, like we do..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah the trial does depend on everyone, as long as there are a couple of people near the front, its usually a win.

Glad the rapter was some use, i'll use that later.

Which cars do you have that fit those two? I haven't tried either yet.

I've got a 2010 Audi tt rs coupe i used for the dirt race seasonal's previously, that tune is shared, might be ok for 'when it rains it pours' i guess its all dirt races in the rain.

I've got about 12 sport utility heroes i could use for four on the floor, but haven't tuned or even driven any of the yet, haha. The Jeep Trackhawk used to be good in FH4, i may tune that to A800 as it starts around A750.

EDIT: Just completed the dirt racing seasonal in the Audi TT, was easy with that one. Your drivatar was in the three races driving it too!

Shared an A800 Jeep Trackhawk tune I completed the cross country in. The 2nd race with big jumps was annoying, the drivatars don't slow down when they land, like we do..

Yep, I did the When it Rains it Pours event in the Audi TT with rally tyres and some manual tuning. Shared if anyone needs it.

Just got the cross country left. I don't have the car you used but I may buy it as I have 4.5 million credits now. Or I have 4 owned cars I can play around with in that category.

I took your advice in the previous season and achieved max points so I should be able to get the AMG ONE reward today for doing half the season. Will probably just skip playground games seasonal as they are quite repetitive and long load times!

rp2000

Soldato
I've got a Series S on the way and have my gamepass and premium DLC pack purchased for FH5.

Quick question regarding the car pass, it says cars are delivered weekly..obviously I'm not going to get my Series S until next week at least, will I be able to get the previous weeks car pass cars or have I missed them and I'll just get new ones? Never had Forza premium before so not 100% sure how it works.

Cheers - looking forward to joining the club.

Associate
I've got a Series S on the way and have my gamepass and premium DLC pack purchased for FH5.

Quick question regarding the car pass, it says cars are delivered weekly..obviously I'm not going to get my Series S until next week at least, will I be able to get the previous weeks car pass cars or have I missed them and I'll just get new ones? Never had Forza premium before so not 100% sure how it works.

Cheers - looking forward to joining the club.
You'll get them. I got my Series X last Monday and claimed all the previous cars.

Back
Top Bottom