Forza Motorsport (10/10/23)

I am downloading Pcars2 , have Pcars1 , and its expansions, AMS2, and Rfactor2, so won't miss Forza, such a wasted opportunity, been looking forward to it for so long.Rfactor2 is less than 4 quid on cdkeys.

Thought I'd give it a go on the back of a £1 Gamepass, barely made it through the intro due to not being able to see the track or other cars, just their wheels. Picked the Subaru, same story again in the practice. Did the race and suddenly I could actually see things, including the AI slowing to a near complete stop on the first high speed corner wiping half the field out. I win the race, then get treated to a good 3-4 minutes of black screen where I think the thing has crashed, only to load the podium, where one of the cars is invisible again.

It all just seems a broken mess, none of my settings want to save, the numbers in the tuning menu look wrong? (speed set to Mph, but unit shows as Kph in gearbox with the Mph value), it looks terrible and seems to take forever to load or do anything. What an absolute disaster :cry:

Thought I'd give it a go on the back of a £1 Gamepass, barely made it through the intro due to not being able to see the track or other cars, just their wheels. Picked the Subaru, same story again in the practice. Did the race and suddenly I could actually see things, including the AI slowing to a near complete stop on the first high speed corner wiping half the field out. I win the race, then get treated to a good 3-4 minutes of black screen where I think the thing has crashed, only to load the podium, where one of the cars is invisible again.

It all just seems a broken mess, none of my settings want to save, the numbers in the tuning menu look wrong? (speed set to Mph, but unit shows as Kph in gearbox with the Mph value), it looks terrible and seems to take forever to load or do anything. What an absolute disaster :cry:
It's so bizarre as I haven't seen any of these graphical issues really at all. Think it has crashed twice in 60 odd hours of playtime and once was because my friends system crashed who was half way through starting a race he hosted.

Of course I have suffered the calamitous AI though lol

Tried a bit more MP this evening to give it another chance. Was less laggy than the other night which was good, but the standard of driving was still chaotic. Got absolutely ******* at Turn 1 at Kyalami, then forced off the track a few more times coming back through the field. Was doing the classic Lemans event, so some interesting cars. Was way off the pace of the top guys though.

MP options just feel lacking though. You can either do the same beginner event, chose 2 events with set car choices, or 1 class limited event. Would it really be a problem to have a few more options? Also get rid of the 20+ minute practise sessions for 10 minute races ffs!

I spent 100s of hours enjoying mixed lobbies with OcUK folks on Forza4, and by comparison this seems to be worse in nearly every measurable respect, and have no community vibe at all when actually playing multiplayer. Glad I am only playing it on Gamepass, I'd be ****** if I paid full price for this.

Still un-playable for me, ZERO interest in playing this on Game pad. Running a Moza r21 and the FFB is still horrendous, to the point the handling is so unpredictable and foreign its completely unenjoyable. I've tried so many different recommended configs. I can see glimmers of something usable however its still not right. Will continue to come back to this after updates to see if it turns into something fun. However, i've all but lost hope in this. Last time I buy a game on CDKeys. Granted I didnt pay full price I'm still left feeling short changed and gutted that refund isnt really a possibility.
Biggest failure of a game in recent times in my opinion. Absolute dissapointment.

Last edited:
popped back on now update has been done, its a little better, no more crashes so far, the odd black screen hanging for a min or 2, but MP is fine, well apart from the usual idiots who are clueless about braking zones and wipe a load of us out :cry: my new pad works a treat on here, way better that the xbox controller imo using the vader pro 3 is, times have improved with it too:cry:

Last edited:
simply cant believe there are no open lobbies, thats what make FM7 great and why i played for yrs, whoever decided this needs to hung drawn and quartered, cant see the longevity in this game as there was with FM7. simply deluded, just the same tracks everyday on the touring car section, boring ZZZZ

Poorly optimised, I reckon, and a **** game to boot.

God, I regret pre-ordering this, could've gotten a few bottles of gin instead. :(
Yup, its an abomination of a game. Terribly optimised, especially for a game that looks so bad. Its unplayable for me on my wheel due to poor FFB implementation/support. The content they have released it with is severely lacking especially the career.
I bought mine on Key site, and fully regret doing so.

Poorly optimised, I reckon, and a **** game to boot.

God, I regret pre-ordering this, could've gotten a few bottles of gin instead. :(
prefer scotch myself:p this is why i used game pass to try, and can uninstall and dont feel i wasted 60 quid on this ****, its not even half the game FM7 was, and that wasn't perfect, but loved it

The more I play it the more I'm enjoying it, not sold on the upgrade side, and seems to be running better after the patches. I only play single player and see it more as a casual rather than a sim and for a couple of quick races. Got it on game pass but would pay about £20-25 for the standard game.

The more I play it the more I'm enjoying it, not sold on the upgrade side, and seems to be running better after the patches. I only play single player and see it more as a casual rather than a sim and for a couple of quick races. Got it on game pass but would pay about £20-25 for the standard game.
playing earlier, reinstalled other day only 150 level, so not that much, but career is ok, but MP visually is a mess, and locking frame rates is just bonkers, whats next a participation podium for the losers :cry:

After having recently built a PC again I thought I’d give this a go but this game is an absolute mess.

Stutter everywhere and looks terrible. The lighting is really overblown, and everything just looks fake and over exposed.

This series is getting worse. Forza 7 plays much better (with the odd stutter)

been playing for a few days now and enjoying it.

done some multiplayer, not as bad as i expected. could do with open lobbies tho.

just playing it for what it is and enjoying racing.

Got emailed asking that I fill in a Microsoft survey about Forza Motorsport. Filled it in, moaned about a bunch of things I find disapointing, but highlighted that I think the game has potential.
Hopefully this is a sign that Microsoft are looking to address the somewhat poor reception the game has had.

If gamers still made games then they wouldn't need to ask.

Maybe it's not the individual developers faults but whomever is in charge of them being out of touch and never playing games

This game is trash today. Can't get into any mp race. qually, practice fine. Race not a chance just constant loading screen
Forza-Motorsport-05-12-2023-14-24-53.png

Back
Top Bottom