Freeman of the Land / Bonkers Theories

Soldato
tbf that police lady is acting pretty sus by driving off lol

I think she’s actually going to a meeting or interview with a victim or something from the chat in the background, and they are preventing her leaving.

Which then becomes grounds for arrest for obstruction? should have gone in hard on them all and shown them what a real arrest looks like.

Soldato
Do we all realise these are the same prongs who think they can con the system to have an easier life at our collective expense? I used to be reasonable and would have suggested some form of re-education, post brexit I think they should just be thrown in the sea. If they make it back to shore, prison.

Associate
I think she’s actually going to a meeting or interview with a victim or something from the chat in the background, and they are preventing her leaving.

Which then becomes grounds for arrest for obstruction? should have gone in hard on them all and shown them what a real arrest looks like.

I was thinking the exact same thing when the guy turns up and one of them steps in the way of him - literal obstructing an officer. They need to just arrest these lot so they don't get any momentum on their crazy.

Associate
OP
Another visit from Ovo Energy today about his meters, something didn't go his way as he wasn't bragging about anything, just a short message to my mate who he cancelled an appointment with..... I will try and find out more.

Associate
OP
Ooo juicy. Has he used one of those crooks who by-pass the meter and been found out :D Usage dropping to zero tends to set off alarm bells and he sounds arrogant enough to think he'd get away with it.
That's exactly what he did, and in his NPD Arrogance wrote to the energy company telling them he storing their meters and was charging them storage fees.

Associate
OP
Round Two - OVO Wins
What a clown, after lying to them during their first visit, OVO returned with a warrant from the high court to gain access to his property.

Well, it didn't go well, despite arguing with them about the warrant being on an iPad he let them in!! A simple threat of being cut off made him cave immediately.

They replaced his electric meter with an official one. He's not saying if it's prepayment.

While my mate was in stitches listening to the story he kept muttering that he didn't "follow the process properly". Apparently the gas people won't be so lucky, we'll see...

I wonder if he will start to see sense, I predict not.

Anyway, i'll enjoy the saga.

Associate
I read something about these type of people and it’s absolute bonkers. Not sure what you can do to get them to see sense. Maybe you can get them to join a more benign cult or something to counter their ideas.

Associate
OP
Surprised they haven't gone after him for theft whilst the old meter was by-passed.

Did he not explain that the new meter would be subject to rent payments for it being on his property :D
Not sure, he is telling a story, so doesn't want to look like a complete fool.
I suspect he has a prepayment meter and will be liable for all the additional charges to date.

He has said that he was in credit with OVO so suspect they may take some of that.

This is a liar and a grifter with NPD, I take it all with a pinch of salt. He's definitely left out details when recounting his story.

Soldato
Not sure, he is telling a story, so doesn't want to look like a complete fool.
I suspect he has a prepayment meter and will be liable for all the additional charges to date.

He has said that he was in credit with OVO so suspect they may take some of that.

This is a liar and a grifter with NPD, I take it all with a pinch of salt. He's definitely left out details when recounting his story.

If he's tampered with the meters and or in debt due to standing charges etc then the new meters will be prepay and they will have a debt charge on them.

Depending on the amount they can take upto £9/week iirc from his top ups to recover the debt.

Associate
OP
If he's tampered with the meters and or in debt due to standing charges etc then the new meters will be prepay and they will have a debt charge on them.

Depending on the amount they can take upto £9/week iirc from his top ups to recover the debt.
Are you in the know or read online, interested to know the process? I can get my mate to needle him.

Soldato
Are you in the know or read online, interested to know the process? I can get my mate to needle him.

Little of both. Mrs used to work for Octopus and I remember her saying that she'd previously dealt with stuff like this (court ordered meters). The info could be out of date as she left when our little lad was born and he turns 4 on Tuesday

EDIT: Just spoke to the Mrs to double check. She's 99% that it'll be a prepay meter due to the tamper and potential non-payment. The debt side of things, if they've had no readings for the usage & he's bypassed the meter then they will wait a few weeks till they have a base to calculate what's owed based on usage on the new meters then they'll add the debt and start taking from his topups at a set rate. She says of course, this is pinch of salt as she's not privy to the actual info

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom