Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

:confused: :confused: :confused: It is minimum spend at the pump and if you need the car to get to work, what choice do you have?
Again always been the way mate. I’ve lived parts of my childhood as the child of a single mother I know what’s it’s like. It’s not like 450k houses, child minders, 3.0l jags and brand new Peugeot electric cars ;)

No doubt but that’s always been the case now ‘normal’ people have to think about these things too. Which is why it’s now being made into a thing.

Yeah - it isn't something I've seen other than occasionally before, it is certainly happening more frequently now.

Thing is, looking at the make up of ocuk forum members, there will be people on here who spend more more on petrol in a week for their sit on lawn mowers than the people who are are putting only a tenner in their car to fill up.

But I must admit it always surprises me just how many people live hand to mouth in this country and that was before the cost of living crisis. I think the company i work for pays well but on the odd occasion the weekly wages havent gone in on a Tuesday due to a bank glitch, we have had people ring up saying they cant get into work the next day as they dont have any money to put any fuel into the car. These are people on £500-£600 take home per week as well. I've had to say to somebody before now that cant they borrow a fiver from their neighbour to get themselves into work?

Again always been the way mate. I’ve lived parts of my childhood as the child of a single mother I know what’s it’s like. It’s not like 450k houses, child minders, 3.0l jags and brand new Peugeot electric cars ;)
If it makes you feel any better I was the main breadwinner for my family at age 18 when my Dad died of cancer. Oh, and the new house is £860k, the 3.0L is a Merc, and the Peugeot doesn't arrive till Monday.

Gate keeping relative poverty is not a good look, but you do you.

Thing is, looking at the make up of ocuk forum members, there will be people on here who spend more more on petrol in a week for their sit on lawn mowers than the people who are are putting only a tenner in their car to fill up.

But I must admit it always surprises me just how many people live hand to mouth in this country and that was before the cost of living crisis. I think the company i work for pays well but on the odd occasion the weekly wages havent gone in on a Tuesday due to a bank glitch, we have had people ring up saying they cant get into work the next day as they dont have any money to put any fuel into the car. These are people on £500-£600 take home per week as well. I've had to say to somebody before now that cant they borrow a fiver from their neighbour to get themselves into work?
Bet they are in brand new cars on never never. Living life as a subscription.

I think a lot of people whilst on good wages, just simply put, have a lot of outgoings. Possibly living outside their means, who knows.

I feel some are exaggerating that they don't have enough for fuel but there we go.

Back
Top Bottom