Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

I see this thread has become active again. Anyone notice diesel prices have gone up again? All the big names have put it up by 6p, in my area, going food shopping in a bit and will have a look to see what they have done.

Last edited:
How long is petrol going to remain at these prices - with the opec+ output reduction I keep doing a double take it has not shot up,
knowing I will regret not having filled the tank up in advance of the increase.

Local delinquents have none the less accepted current price as the new normal and any sense of moderating use of the accelerator on a popular section of country NSL is gone.

Yeah petrol round here has been increasing again. 99 up to about £1.89 this afternoon when I filled up.

Last edited:
How long is petrol going to remain at these prices - with the opec+ output reduction I keep doing a double take it has not shot up,
knowing I will regret not having filled the tank up in advance of the increase.

Local delinquents have none the less accepted current price as the new normal and any sense of moderating use of the accelerator on a popular section of country NSL is gone.
i assumed it would be like every "catastrophe"-related rise; the price bombs up say 10p, then when things calm down and resolve the price goes down maybe 3 ~ 5p, because they can sly in a bit more profit and everyone's so sick of the +10p they feel they're getting a bargain at +5p.
was about 151.9 [IIRC] before this kicked up, i doubt i'll see that again.

Diesel has stayed at around £1.82 here for ages now. I drove over to Ireland and Northern Ireland last week and was surprised to see that diesel was noticeably cheaper than here - even many of the BP garages I saw were somewhere around £1.76 a litre and that was around the outskirts of Belfast too.

Luckily I ended up filling up somewhere outside of Dublin at what I thought was a ridiculous €1.96 a litre but that works out to about £1.71 a litre, so even with currency fees it's still cheaper than filling up around here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom