Fuji X Series

Soldato
Because those characteristics still apply to the Fuji, albeit to a lesser extent. Because 'fast' is relative to the format.

YES
And the format isn't big enough and/or the lenses are not fast enough relative to the 35mm format. It's as simple as that. It's really not rocket science.

Have fun in the darkroom, and since we are sharing things that are not true. I'm off to prepare my homemade spaceship for a mission to Mars.

Associate
YES
And the format isn't big enough and/or the lenses are not fast enough relative to the 35mm format. It's as simple as that. It's really not rocket science.

Have fun in the darkroom, and since we are sharing things that are not true. I'm off to prepare my homemade spaceship for a mission to Mars.

RQOPE8a.jpg

Beats sitting in front of Photoshop all day. When's the expedition launch then?

Associate
rocket_clipart_black_and_white_clipart_panda_fre.jpg

Mars explorer ! :D

Associate
I think Fuji have had some major shipping issues coming into the UK, there's tons of stock of XT2/23's on the continent.

Why did you cancel the XT2, it's an astonishing camera, only think Sony really has coming with a copper wired sensor is the A6500 which is pretty much just an IBIS A6300, I never felt the Sony system as polished as Fuji especially the lens quality.

Soldato
I think Fuji have had some major shipping issues coming into the UK, there's tons of stock of XT2/23's on the continent.

Why did you cancel the XT2, it's an astonishing camera, only think Sony really has coming with a copper wired sensor is the A6500 which is pretty much just an IBIS A6300, I never felt the Sony system as polished as Fuji especially the lens quality.

Well I hear the 23mm 1.4 is noisy and one of the biggest reasons for me switching was the silent shutter mode. Which makes no sense if the lens makes a racket. The F2 version which I hear great things about is a little too slow for me on APSC.
I have no doubt the x-t2 is astonishing, but I think I'm just going to wait some more and see what's comes in the next few months.
I agree about Sony, but apparently they are re-doing their menu system, and TBH I really really want IBIS. So I'm hoping for an A9 or A7/something with a focus stick like Fuji has.

Associate
Well I hear the 23mm 1.4 is noisy and one of the biggest reasons for me switching was the silent shutter mode. Which makes no sense if the lens makes a racket. The F2 version which I hear great things about is a little too slow for me on APSC.
I have no doubt the x-t2 is astonishing, but I think I'm just going to wait some more and see what's comes in the next few months.
I agree about Sony, but apparently they are re-doing their menu system, and TBH I really really want IBIS. So I'm hoping for an A9 or A7/something with a focus stick like Fuji has.

I had the 23mm 1.4 for a good while I agree it's a little noisy and slow, but I loved the focus clutch, I find the same problem on the 35mm 2.0 it's just isn't quite wide enough in some indoor situations where I have to push the iso beyond 3200 which is the sweet spot on the X3 sensor, 6400 is useable but you start to get colour and detail issues.

I'd wait and see to be honest only real harm you're going to do is get a cheaper or bundle deal on an X-T2 should you decide to get one. I generally go for the right tool for the job in hand and at this moment in time the Fuji is the best option, I think the Sony menu is manageable in it's current state but for me it's the ergonomics that I just don't get.

A lot of people are holding out for an A9 but you might be waiting a while.

Soldato
What sort of noise are we talking about? I can't say I've ever noticed mine emit anything noticeable!

I didn't know there was an issue with this until it was mentioned. I did come across one guys solution to it though:
Problem solved thanks to gilbarib.
I read somewhere i should switch the pre autofocus on to make the autofocus on the xt1 faster.
I wonder how it performs and sounds on the XT2?

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope to get the chance to get out and test my newly acquired 50-140 with the 1.4 tele. I went to what I considered a better shop this time and the service I received from them was incredible. I'd forgotten I had previously bought the 100-400 from them. In future everything I buy I'll go to Clifton Cameras. Spot on with the delivery with next day and a text telling you your item will be with you within the hour. Regarding the 50-140 I'll try to get up the Peak District tomorrow and in a couple of weeks am spending sometime in a luxury yurt and a Welsh Chateau.

Soldato
My 23mm isn't silent but I wouldn't say it was particularly intrusive. The "snick" of the electronic shutter is more noticeable. Is that improved on the X-T2?

Associate
My 23mm isn't silent but I wouldn't say it was particularly intrusive. The "snick" of the electronic shutter is more noticeable. Is that improved on the X-T2?

You can turn the snick off ;)

You wouldn't notice the noise of the 23 if you were shooting out and about on the street, in a quiet room you can definitely hear it in low light if it starts to hunt which it used to do quite often on the old X-T1 (pre major update).

The shipping date on my 23mm f/2 keeps slipping, it's now saying Friday the 14th which is a little to close for comfort as I fly out on the 17th :eek::eek::eek:

*edit now saying the 11th.... I've been waiting for this lens for forever I just want it in my hands!....

Back
Top Bottom