**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Man of Honour
I think that is exactly what Samsung have done. the new sensor has a dedicated chip for it, I believe it's all part of the new biometrics thing OEMs are going for, and the sensor is RGB. I believe the Note 7's iris scanner also worked in the dark as it fired an infra-red light for scanning? I expect this will be just as quick as fingerprint scanning, and perhaps even more reliable.

With the S7 I find fingerprint sensing works fast, but after a few weeks the detection accuracy isn't 100% and I need to remove the prints and add them back again. So I ended up just not using the fp sensor and using the good old pattern lock. If facial/iris unlock works as quick as fp, then I'm game.

Soldato
So what's the rumoured release date of this? I'm due my upgrade tomorrow and was thinking I'd wait to see how the s8 turns out.

Even if it just helps to bring the s7 edge price down, I'd be happy with either I think.

Soldato
Would a china model work just as good over here as our version? The reason I'm curious is I'm kinda bitter if the china version has 6GB of ram and we only get 4GB.

Man of Honour
As an S7e owner, I think the b lack S8 looks far classier than the S7e.

I'm in Canada from 10th April, I wonder if I can grab one over there assuming it's releasing around then, or buy one here and go on a photo spree with it during the holiday...

Soldato
Talking of buying phones abroad does anyone know if they're cheaper in mainland europe? My brother moved to Belgium recently but he only ever gets iPhones on contract so was entirely unhelpful when i asked him about buying phones over there.

Soldato
Way way too expensive. No way I'm prepared to pay that for a mobile phone.

I will be waiting 6 months to see if the price drops before even considering an s8. And even then, that rear finger print sensor may not be for me.

Rumours the next note will have the finger print sensor under the screen. So i may look at that, after the price becomes sensible anyway.

Soldato
At this point I'm just hoping it's release brings down the S7e price lol. Gonna just have to wait and see.

it will be interesting to see just how far the prices can be driven down on both the S7 and S7 edge on the back of it but considering there looks like there will be a clear different between the two it may be unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom