Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon

For me S7 really jumped the shark. Prior to S7 i rewatched each series upto date just prior to the new season. S7 stopped that, with among many other things, calling in Dragon air support.
Not sure if it was in this forum or elsewhere but someone worked out the speeds the dragons would have to travel to have helped them in the North, it was concorde speeds or something similar.

For me S7 really jumped the shark. Prior to S7 i rewatched each series upto date just prior to the new season. S7 stopped that, with among many other things, calling in Dragon air support.

Watched S8 but havent and unlikely to rewatch any Got since.

Will give this a go, ( its different showrunners ? ), but not holding out too much hope. If there are unfinished portions of the total story ala GOT then thats a bit worrying given Grrms .. is it lack of focus on one project, writers block, or something else ?

I'll watch HOD out morbid curiosity, but really S7-8 absolutey destroyed interest in ASOIAF content, the only people left are the harrdcore and people who are invested heavily in the book series. I mean what a property they had on their hands at GOT's peak and they absolutely destroyed it...the merch was everywhere, now, you don't see anyone wearing it.

Complete and utter incompetence for Martin and the showrunners, he had freaking years to get ahead of the TV series, but he wasjust too lazy. And of course the illusion that dumb and dumberer were actually contributing positively to the show evaporated very quickly.

I think the single worst moment of TV I have ever seen was when a little girl jumps out of the dark and ends 7 series of buildup of an increbily powerful threat, just at the point where it has reached the apex of it's power and it is over in 5 seconds...

Never seen anything like it.

music is absolute crap and trailer doesn't really show anything apart from a bunch of action scenes....
bet it's like thoese trailers that movies look really good but in reality its the best bits from the whole series and the rest is absolute crap

What time will it be on Sky Atlantic?

EDIT: Also what's the deal with them saying "An HBO series" or whatever. HBO stands for Home Box Office so it should read "A HBO series" surely? It's really bothering me :p

As for GoT, any genuine interest I might have had for more of it was killed by the way the original show was handled in the last couple of seasons.

Same, such a bitter taste to the ending of the original show. Will still check this out but wont hold too much expectation from it. As long as the 2 Ds arent writing the show then i am happy.

Oh please dont get my hopes up..

From the article..

For the avoidance of doubt and anxiety, the first hour also contains:

Bloody beatings

Bloody deaths

Terrible wigs

Extensive exchanges in High Valyrian

Boobs and bums in brothels (take THAT, feminists!)

Incesty vibes (AGAIN!)

A king’s council filled with self-interested twunts and one good man

Countless brewing political, domestic and actual storms

Alliances, counter-alliances, treacheries and broken loyalties

All the money up on screen

Dragons

Back
Top Bottom