Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon

Just on that point - the ageing is all over the place. The king looks about a hundred years older than the first episode.
I generally agree with your point about ageing but you do realise the king was ill…

Edit: whoops thought I was on the most recent post :p

Last edited:
It's like people completely miss the point of casting choices and direction. Aegon is supposed to look weak and feeble compared to the younger brother who used the bullying and feeling of worthlessness from his younger years to become who he is now, while Aegon only cares about getting his wick wet.

A gem from the Guardian:
Well for a start, Paddy Considine's casting and subsequent performance are dreadful. Not one jot of presence or power. His insipidity hangs
over hangs the whole tone of the film, added to by the dull dialogue he has been handed. Which then leads to the direction. Is it the actor or the direction? Well, the director gets the glory when it's great, so should be given the black marks when it is not and this is not. It is sluggish, dull, always…
THAT'S LITERALLY THE WHOLE ******* POINT.

I understand if the series isn't for everyone, but Christ can you at least recognise that these things were clearly done intentionally.

The Guardian has gone to **** recently. So much click bait disguised as 'professional' reviews.

Last edited:
I mean, I'd stopped reading when they say Paddy's performance is dreadful. He mastered that character and made the character so much better than the one in the book, something which even GRRM has said. Utter tripe.

Yeh, the most recent casting for Aegon is terrible. Looks younger than his brother, and looks NOTHING like the actor who was supposedly 6 years younger.

I am even more confused now. Maybe I didnt explain what I mean clearly.

Unless I imagined it - in the previous episodes the kid who lost the eye had an older brother (the one who was "relieving" himself off the balcony of his room when Alicent walked in on him)

In the latest episode the kid who lost the eye is now around the same age as his older brother was in the previous episode and is acting just like him but the older brother wasnt shown - unless I missed it or imagined the whole thing ??

Last edited:
I am even more confused now. Maybe I didnt explain what I mean clearly.

Unless I imagined it - in the previous episodes the kid who lost the eye had an older brother (the one who was "relieving" himself off the balcony of his room when Alicent walked in on him)

In the latest episode the kid who lost the eye is now around the same age as his older brother was in the previous episode and is acting just like him but the older brother wasnt shown - unless I missed it or imagined the whole thing ??

His older brother was shown (had his ass out in bed when mum got him up), but i agree it is confusing as the casting is horrible.

Good episode - although I feel it’s time to wrap up the current tensions, ramp them up or relieve them. There aren’t so many sub plots in this series to support the main narrative.

My wife had to explain to me why they were laughing at the suckling pig - derp :p

Last edited:
I agree with what's been said about ageing of certain characters and others haven't changed abit, it's quite ridiculous. The kinds position is perfectly explainable because he's like a walking corpse.

Daemon is my fav character and I think Smith does him justice, when he is given screen time to. However he went missing half way through the season and I feel it was stale, this most recent episode has really spiced things up. My most hated chat is Otto.

It's perfectly poised now and out of all potential battles one between Aemond and Daemon I feel is most anticipated.

It's like people completely miss the point of casting choices and direction. Aegon is supposed to look weak and feeble compared to the younger brother who used the bullying and feeling of worthlessness from his younger years to become who he is now, while Aegon only cares about getting his wick wet.

A gem from the Guardian:

THAT'S LITERALLY THE WHOLE ******* POINT.

I understand if the series isn't for everyone, but Christ can you at least recognise that these things were clearly done intentionally.

The Guardian has gone to **** recently. So much click bait disguised as 'professional' reviews.

I disagree about Paddy's performance, he has been pretty good. However it is completely correct about the sluggish, dull dialogue.

Game of Thrones had so many interweaving plot lines, interesting and witty characters, and really memorable lines.

And yet,
yeap spoiler tag not working for me :(
  1. Spoiler tags are NOT REQUIRED when discussing shows that have aired in the UK already, INCLUDING early morning i.e. 2AM showings on Sunday nights/Monday mornings.

And Yet,
The rules are working for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom