Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon

Associate
Really hyped for this, fantastic trailer, far superior to ROP's. Full of action, suspense, intrigue, plotting - typical ASOIAF. The other one was weak and sterile, they're trying to build something but it feels flat and like a cheap knockoff of the real thing, which given the budget is really damning.

They've done ROP a favour here by airing the show two months earlier, and tbh it's better for fans to be able to fully digest one and then move onto the other.

Soldato
Really hyped for this, fantastic trailer, far superior to ROP's. Full of action, suspense, intrigue, plotting - typical ASOIAF. The other one was weak and sterile, they're trying to build something but it feels flat and like a cheap knockoff of the real thing, which given the budget is really damning.

They've done ROP a favour here by airing the show two months earlier, and tbh it's better for fans to be able to fully digest one and then move onto the other.
I was never interested HOD after the way GOT ended.
It also kinda ****** me off knowing Ryan Condal Conan show never got off the ground because he got the HOD gig.

Hah even with the above stacked against it. It still won me over!!

Associate
I was never interested HOD after the way GOT ended.
It also kinda ****** me off knowing Ryan Condal Conan show never got off the ground because he got the HOD gig.

Hah even with the above stacked against it. It still won me over!!

I've made my peace with GOT, it was still brilliant TV for the best part of a decade.

I was sceptical about HOD, but it won me over very quickly with Paddy Considine and Milly Alcock. I watched this alongside Amazon's fan-fic and it was really two different levels of TV altogether. Even in terms overall visual quality, one looked like a real World the other was plastic and superficial.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was sceptical about HOD, but it won me over very quickly with Paddy Considine and Milly Alcock.

I think this is something quite key really, they were easily the most amazing people in the first season, and I hope the older Rhaenyra continues to be good, and obviously Otto Hightower was fantastic. But they carried the first season, in all the best scenes. I have faith though.

Associate
Not sure it will be the same now Paddy is gone. He was the best character and actor in it. Will probably check it out, but the trailer has left me a bit underwhelmed. Yeah the dragons are cool, but it's just not anywhere in the same league as early GoT.

Caporegime
I've made my peace with GOT, it was still brilliant TV for the best part of a decade.

Quite. Even the last season wasn't as bad as made out. Sure, it didn't live up what came before, but if that season had been the first season of anything else people would have had no issue with it. Its problem was that the early seasons were so good that being decent wasn't enough any more.

Caporegime
Me and my wife finally started watching Season 1 recently, and it still took about 2 weeks to get through it as it's about 12 hours of TV.

As I watched each episode, I read the thread in sequence.

It's pretty fascinating going back and seeing all the people complaining about women before it was out and a few people saying it was dull and boring after the first few episodes :rolleyes:

I thought it was great.

Last edited:
Soldato
First episode was aired last night.

B&C was a little underwhelming in all honesty, it was much more intense with Helaena offering herself, whereas that didn't happen here.

Caporegime
So only King Viserys and his daughter Rhaenyra know about the song of ice and fire, does that mean no Starks are aware why it was built and manned?

Matey just said it keeps out "death"

Back
Top Bottom