Games that had it, but lost it!

Associate
Has to be Hidden and Dangerous II for me...

I played Hidden and dangerous to death and then some more. Despite it being severly buggy I played it.
Despite it crashing after nearly completing a 2 hour mission online, we restarted it...again and again until we did it.
then the Add on pack wasn't all that bad. But when Hidden and Dangerous II was released with no MP COOP mod,
a part of me died that day. That was the whole point of the game!! To play in a squad, cooperativley....

Then they released some half hearted attempt at a recovery...with Sabre Squadron. Poop....sheer bobbins.
I had some fun out of it but now it sits on a shelf collecting dust and bits of dead spiders. It could have been so much more...

(violins)

B

Caporegime
Well this must be a candidate for some kind of necromancy award.

More like Necrophilia where rubber-duck is concerned :p

Battlefield

Yup, went from a very mod friendly game to increasingly locked down to the point you can do nothing with it now, desert combat anyone? which was a mod that nudged dice in the direction of modern combat. They even hired some DC devs (then ditched them after bf2 was launched) to work on the game.

Sad really :(

Soldato
Battlefield
I thought 1942 was rubbish.

BF2 however, one of the best games ever.
All the rest, shocking in comparison to BF2.

I would have said Call of Duty. Cod 1, cod 2 being fantastic. Then downhill after that...
However, the latest Call of Duty (Modern Warfare) is the best so far. For me it the best fps ever made and i’ve said it before. The best game ever made. Big statement I know but the content is huge, graphics superb, crossplay, easy to find games and most importantly gameplay is excellent.

I have hope yet for a new Battlefield which is better than BF2

Associate
Seeing as this is 14yrs later, the timing is perfect to mention Halo.
A remaster/rebuild advertised "as you remember it" should do near that.
Xbox release, failed.
PC release, trailing behind.

Features added that don't work such as score boards and cross play of games in multiplayer lobbies. And a remaster where current hardware can't run it properly.
Features removed such as splitscreen. Ranked playlist functionality.

I received ODST and a month live for free as compensation for the disaster. Even a refund of my console would have not healed the wounds. When it comes to remasters/rereleases of old games, Halo is at the top (with a few others) of disappointment.

I imagine everything else i felt strong about has been mentioned in the 6 pages, as the last 8yrs of gaming has been blah for me.

Back
Top Bottom