• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
yamahaapx5.jpg

Bought that the other day to use at church, thats the plan anyway, I like it a bit too much to leave it there right now! Its a Yamaha APX5.

I need to sell some guitars, they are everywhere :eek:

Soldato
Neon said:
Got Some Pics.

Its a Gretsch Renown Maple Series.

:) my metal setup.
*snip*

-Neon.

How do you like your Gretsch? I should be getting a Catalina Birch tomorrow - I love a birch kit, and there's a great deal on it. (edit - it's on the way, got to wait 2 weeks)

And please, for the love of god, get rid of the B8 ride already :p

Last edited:
Associate
setup.jpg

setup3.jpg

Here's my new (and first) guitar and amp :) Chuffed to bits with it so far and I'm currently learning Pink Floyd - Wish you were here :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Dave said:
How do you like your Gretsch? I should be getting a Catalina Birch tomorrow - I love a birch kit, and there's a great deal on it. (edit - it's on the way, got to wait 2 weeks)

And please, for the love of god, get rid of the B8 ride already :p

lols your telling , me about the b8 ride got a whole new set of Vaults on the way, and evolutions, sabian stylee :) jus piecing em together with what sounds nice, want some dark sounds.

600-800 quids worth :)

and i love my gretsch best kits money can buy imho.

Soldato
Neon said:
lols your telling , me about the b8 ride got a whole new set of Vaults on the way, and evolutions, sabian stylee :) jus piecing em together with what sounds nice, want some dark sounds.

600-800 quids worth :)

and i love my gretsch best kits money can buy imho.

Nice :cool:

I'm a Paiste 2oo2 / Giant Beat man myself ;)

Soldato
Dave said:
How amazing would that be? We should make a 3-way drumming band, like a 3-man drumbassadors :D

University of Sheffield for me. And I've got 2 cowbells! :p

it would take some working out... but you could pull of some kick ass grooves.

Soldato
Dave said:
One cowbell on each foot? Who needs a bass drum?

I guess that would be what you two are for! :D

lmfao, i have double bass pedals although i dont double pedal fast i can pull of some sick little grooves :)

and can play any style. how long ya all been playing for? :)

Soldato
Been playing since I was about 6/7, so about 11/12 years. (that long :eek: )

I'm the same with double bass, only really started last year (alawys been a single man) and I can either play standard speed or fast with the "twitch" method, but not in between like the majority of songs need! Practising a fair bit at the mo to get the double bass to scratch.

I play mainly rock/progressive but I do have the occasional dabble into Latin stuff. (with those cowbells, who wouldn't?) Would love to play a bit of funk too, it's just so laid back and "in the groove" :cool:

You been playing long? I remember listening to your band a few months ago and thinking it was actually listenable heavier music. (I'm really not into heavy stuff - the occasional Dream Theater album is fine though)

Last edited:
Soldato
Dave said:
Been playing since I was about 6/7, so about 11/12 years. (that long :eek: )

I'm the same with double bass, only really started last year (alawys been a single man) and I can either play standard speed or fast with the "twitch" method, but not in between like the majority of songs need! Practising a fair bit at the mo to get the double bass to scratch.

I play mainly rock/progressive but I do have the occasional dabble into Latin stuff. (with those cowbells, who wouldn't?) Would love to play a bit of funk too, it's just so laid back and "in the groove" :cool:

You been playing long? I remember listening to your band a few months ago and thinking it was actually listenable heavier music. (I'm really not into heavy stuff - the occasional Dream Theater album is fine though)

aye the music i played then was kinda me gettin use to the songs they were more of jam sessions ive been playing for 12 years or so now, and my technique has changed a lot much more layed back, ill record a few videos and host em for yas to watch, can play much more technical now.

i use to play hip-hop all the time, so the change to metal was why i think it sounded scrappy.

Back
Top Bottom