• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
Been playing about 2 years on/off. Just set it up in my bedroom so i'm gona practise again. Have to do it at obscure times though due to not wanting to pee neighbours off :p I also play rock and can sustain double base in 16's / 32's for a short time, otherwise i'm pretty useless haha. :p

Soldato
AmDaMan said:
Been playing about 2 years on/off. Just set it up in my bedroom so i'm gona practise again. Have to do it at obscure times though due to not wanting to pee neighbours off :p I also play rock and can sustain double base in 16's / 32's for a short time, otherwise i'm pretty useless haha. :p

can play triplets really fast on the pedals but straight 16's/32's arent much trouble if we try faster we fail.

Soldato
We could play fast triplets between us, one note each :D

I don't really use my double pedal for 16th note blasts, more for fills and what nots. I've really improved over the last couple of years as I've got into more technical prog-rock stuff :)

Man of Honour
I've just had a nice surprise/shock.
You can't see it properly but the kit in this picture at our studio is a battered old Ludwig kit that I keep there and I let drummers play on.
http://www.disturbinthepeace.co.uk/pics/practise1.jpg

The other night I see a gorgeous Pearl Export kit in its place and I ask our new drummer if its his and everybody goes quiet. I ask them where my battered Ludwig kit is and our old drummer swopped the Ludwig for the Pearl Export and they all agreed he could do it cause he wanted the hardware and I wouldn't mind :eek: I know he's done it because he's got the best deal for himself and he's probably got a Ludwig kit that he can now sell for a lot of money but I feel I've come off better.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
I've just had a nice surprise/shock.
You can't see it properly but the kit in this picture at our studio is a battered old Ludwig kit that I keep there and I let drummers play on.
http://www.disturbinthepeace.co.uk/pics/practise1.jpg

The other night I see a gorgeous Pearl Export kit in its place and I ask our new drummer if its his and everybody goes quiet. I ask them where my battered Ludwig kit is and our old drummer swopped the Ludwig for the Pearl Export and they all agreed he could do it cause he wanted the hardware and I wouldn't mind :eek: I know he's done it because he's got the best deal for himself and he's probably got a Ludwig kit that he can now sell for a lot of money but I feel I've come off better.

So you got a pearl export for a ludwig? lol you owned him mate ludwig will sell for pounds, exports are like 500 new. let him take the ludwig, he wont get far with it, there not very rare and there not in demand either, its as good as binned, your export would be worth much more.

[Brag]how about a swap for my kit ? ;) only kiddin cost me over 4k ;) [/Brag]

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Neon said:
So you got a pearl export for a ludwig? lol you owned him mate ludwig will sell for pounds, exports are like 500 new. let him take the ludwig, he wont get far with it, there not very rare and there not in demand either, its as good as binned, your export would be worth much more.

In the real world perhaps but this is Tim and by day he's a wheeler dealer like Arthur Daley. He's more than likely got somebody lined up for it and sold it for way more than the Export. He NEVER does things that he won't make a profit on.

One of his 5 kits is a Ludwig, its gorgeous and easily his best and loudest kit -

ludwig.jpg

Soldato
dmpoole said:
In the real world perhaps but this is Tim and by day he's a wheeler dealer like Arthur Daley. He's more than likely got somebody lined up for it and sold it for way more than the Export. He NEVER does things that he won't make a profit on.

One of his 5 kits is a Ludwig, its gorgeous and easily his best and loudest kit -

ludwig.jpg

to be honest that kit looks like nothing special compared to an export, its ludwig, some people rave about em, some people say there not worth the money and theres nothing special about them.

to be fair mate stick with the export.

Soldato
The top Ludwig models are all excellent, but are probably second-best to the top kits from the likes of Gretsch, Pearl, Tama, Mapex etc.

Although instead of getting an Export I would've gone for an M Birch, same price and probably the better sounding of the two kits.

You got any pics of the Export, Mr Poole? Is it an ELX (lacquered finish) or one of the wrap finished ones?

fuz

fuz

Associate
Simmy said:
setup3.jpg

Here's my new (and first) guitar and amp :) Chuffed to bits with it so far and I'm currently learning Pink Floyd - Wish you were here :cool:

Good one that man, they are great practice amps

vox9oh.jpg

Exports are a shade over £300 now from thomann, cheaper than the forums are over here (then again the only difference is the finish options I think) They are great kits though

I have some bog standard forums for daily use

drum9ut.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Another difference is that Forums have their mounts on the shell, whereas Export's use the ISS mounting system, which doesn't involve holes being drilled into the shells. This gives the Export's a little more resonance, and makes them more "open" in sound :)

Soldato
Dave said:
Another difference is that Forums have their mounts on the shell, whereas Export's use the ISS mounting system, which doesn't involve holes being drilled into the shells. This gives the Export's a little more resonance, and makes them more "open" in sound :)

like my gretsch, there all floating toms on ball socket.

Soldato
I think just about all drums offer the non-drilled mounting now. The bottom-line Gretsch (Blackhawk?) I think is still drilled, but the Catalinia's/Renown and up all have the RIMS system which Gibraltar (and hence Gretsch) pinched. Great system for mounting :D

Any my new drums will be here in just over a week! Can't wait!

Soldato
My new Gretsch's arrive on Monday, can't wait! Still need to buy a couple of clamps for my rack though, and a ton of hardware yet. Got a new Paiste Signature 21" Dark Full Ride on reserve too . . . :)

edit/

Gretsch's have half arrived - the 8" tom was stolen by some Geordie bloke and I'm missing some hardware that I ordered today (hi hat stand, snare stand, stool) so I'll just post a teaser pic of the finish:

colour27wn.jpg

The drums sound extremely good for the price - I've played a Starclassic Birch and the Catalina Birch is easily on a par. The bass drum on this is abolutely fantastic.

Then the whole kit arrives, it'll be in sizes 8",10",12",14",16",22" bass drum and my 14"x6.5" Pearl MMX snare :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom