• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
benjo1989 said:
It's not bad for a novice guitarist?...

Yeah, bleedin eck, I'm a novice, I wish I had a proper Tele!! /envy :p

Here's my amateur pieces of kit:

My beloved Tanglewood semi and my slightly wonky amp (got a couple of paperclips wedged in it)
photo0517medium0cp.jpg

And my first guitar, some Prince jobby I get out once in a while.
photo0518medium4tn.jpg

Sorry for poor pic quality, phone camera!

Associate
I do but none of that stuff was purchased because of them! Just trying to get a versatile sound - stuff like the whammy is more of a toy which I might sell though. Bit of a gear junkie to be honest (but who isn't ;) )

Associate
Not a great picture but still.

techs.jpg

2 x Technics 1210 MK2 Turntables
Numark DXM06 Digital Mixer
Sennheiser HD205 Headphones
Numark W200 Vocal Microphone
2x Behringer Turth B2031A Active Studio Monitors

Looking to upgrade the mixer to a Vestax PVC275 and get a CD deck after Christmas.

Soldato
today i recieved my custom after waiting since januray

my setup:

IMG_0448.jpg

ENGL Powerball head through a 5150 cab with my ibanez RG2550 - fitted with a custom scratchplate and EMG 81/85.

and my new baby :D :

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

Shamray custom shop CS-1985 Tanswell custom

basically a modified to my hardware/Colour version or Paul Allander of CoF guitar.

if u want more pics <--Click-Me-->

Man of Honour
death_26_row said:

basically a modified to my hardware/Colour version or Paul Allander of CoF guitar.

Out of interest what made you go for one of these guitars?
I've been on the site but couldn't see anybody famous who uses them.
Where did you hear about them and how much did it cost etc?

ta

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Out of interest what made you go for one of these guitars?
I've been on the site but couldn't see anybody famous who uses them.
Where did you hear about them and how much did it cost etc?

ta

theres 2 main reason i went for these guitars, one is that at the time the custom shops in UK all either said they would not build the guitar i wanted (either to my complete specs or as they wouldnt directly copy a PRS) or they cost in excess of £3,000

although i dont know any famous people that use them i never did see this as a big problem, there only a small company and due to this and them being in russia i think they may struggle to afford to pay a big name player just for publicity.

i heard about them from the MXtabs forums, and although theres only one guy on there that owns one there name was flying about a lot and seemed to have a very good rep.

and it cost me £1,700 which is a lot of money but when you compare it to £2,500 PRS guitars it does make you realise mow much we get ripped off on american import things (im not saying PRS guitars are bad, id love one, but i do think there too expensive in the UK)

Soldato
Nice guitar deathrow :)

The top is gorgeous, gibaltar bridge too :D (i think?) The inlay is a bit OTT for me but it still looks great.

EDIT:

I obviously can't work cameras..

Gear1230011024x768.jpg

'Taken a new photo as the old photo in here is really old and i've got a new amp
:)

I should have a new Ibanez RGA121 by next week too so expect pics aswell :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
death_26_row said:
today i recieved my custom after waiting since januray

my setup:

IMG_0448.jpg

ENGL Powerball head through a 5150 cab with my ibanez RG2550 - fitted with a custom scratchplate and EMG 81/85.

and my new baby :D :

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

if u want more pics <--Click-Me-->

Those inlays on the Shamray are incredible, i want them to make me an 8 string sometime

Associate
My bass stack...

stack.jpg

Firebass 700
410TVX 8ohm

As for basses I use a Tanglewood Rebel 4 and 6K (what can I say....I love them ;)) - pics of them soon

:D

Soldato
Fender Stratocaster 2002 / lace 50's pickups maple neck/midnight wine

Fender Classic 50's 2 tone sunburst Telecaster 2005

Hohner Acoustic (acquired in 1999 when i started to play)

15watt marshall practice amp

played for 6year now, i had an encore strat copy for my first electric. then got the fender strat for christmas in 2002
worked loads of hrs in my part time job through the summer to get the Telecaster

ill never part from these two guitars... never

Soldato
Just got my new amp..

Line 6 SpiderII 112 75W

not overly powerful, as i dont need overly powerful.. yet :D

imag01137nb.jpg

played at new year and it was awsome. the phaser came in handy for a few pieces ;)

Soldato
Not me.. but what the hey.. this is the band of my compadres 'Snappa' and this is them as they prepare to play their biggest ever gig.. at my house.. for my bday party.

g6lm.jpg

Stuart - Guitarist - 70's? Musicman Sillhouette. He looks like a drunk builder.. but he can play the guitar.

559ts.jpg

Mick - Bass & Lead Vocals - 1971 Fender Precision - The self proclaimed love child of Elvis.

182na.jpg

Matt - Drummer - mid 70's Ludwig Custom kit with a 78' YAMAHA snare - This dude can play.. need i say more..

563bh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom