• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Man of Honour
Neon said:
whys your hi hat pedal so close to your bass drum?

That reminds me.
Yesterday I asked another top local drummer if he would soundcheck our drums while me and my drummer listened.
He got behind them and couldn't play them because he'd only got a single bass drum pedal.
How times change.
(He doesn't need one either and still performs double bass drumming like Ian Paice does).

Soldato
Jojo Mayer is another drummer who is absolutely fantastic at single pedal - plays 16ths very fast with his heel-toe technique.

Should be picking up the rest of my hardware tomorrow and I'm ordering my new ride cymbal tomorrow too (Paiste 21" Signature Dark Full Ride) so I'll get pics up soon :D

Soldato
baby 1, 4yr old

photo00034rp.jpg

baby 2, 1year old

photo01943ca.jpg

Soldato
dmpoole said:
That reminds me.
Yesterday I asked another top local drummer if he would soundcheck our drums while me and my drummer listened.
He got behind them and couldn't play them because he'd only got a single bass drum pedal.
How times change.
(He doesn't need one either and still performs double bass drumming like Ian Paice does).

absolute rubbish im afraid yes u can play 16ths fast with a single, but not powerfully.

and not a very good drummer if he cant play with one pedal.

Man of Honour
Neon said:
absolute rubbish im afraid yes u can play 16ths fast with a single, but not powerfully.

Everything Ian Paice does is with one pedal.
I suggest you listen to Ian Paice before you say he is absolute rubbish.
My drummer grew up playing with his dad who plays in a Purple tribute band.
Its also nice to see local musicians standing their watching him with their mouths open and I hope he isn't offered more money by somebody else.

And saying that the guy who soundchecked the drums is not a very good drummer - thats laughable. He's right at the top of the tree its just that he hasn't played with a single for two decades and needed adjusting.

You are one of the supposed musicians who's been on here for years talking the talk but nobody has heard you do anything yet except **** others off.

Soldato
I'm not a drummer (anymore) but I don't think that playing with a single bass pedal, or even playing with say a 4 piece kit limits your playing in anyway. If any of you ever have a chance to go and see a band called 'Snappa' then I would reccomend you do. They're a pub covers band but with one of the best drummers I've ever had the privlage of seeing. Plays a 4 piece Ludwig kit and its some of the best drumming I've ever seen.

Man of Honour
naffa said:
I'm not a drummer (anymore) but I don't think that playing with a single bass pedal, or even playing with say a 4 piece kit limits your playing in anyway. If any of you ever have a chance to go and see a band called 'Snappa' then I would reccomend you do. They're a pub covers band but with one of the best drummers I've ever had the privlage of seeing. Plays a 4 piece Ludwig kit and its some of the best drumming I've ever seen.

Thats the reaction our young man is getting from musos all over Staffordshire.
I hope we can hang onto him.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
My drummer grew up playing with his dad who plays in a Purple tribute band.
Its also nice to see local musicians standing their watching him with their mouths open and I hope he isn't offered more money by somebody else.

And saying that the guy who soundchecked the drums is not a very good drummer - thats laughable. He's right at the top of the tree its just that he hasn't played with a single for two decades and needed adjusting.

You are one of the supposed musicians who's been on here for years talking the talk but nobody has heard you do anything yet except **** others off.

first off i know what im talking about, to get power behind one pedal the same as doing double pedal i said that none of them were bad drummers, but its complete twaddle to get so much power behind a single pedal while doing 16th.

a skilled drummer should be able to play with what hes given. there should be no such thing as "i cant play very well with a single pedal" if you cant play well with a single, dont do double until you master the single.

Man of Honour
Neon said:
first off i know what im talking about,

Any proof?
You've never submitted one thing on here in all the time I've seen your name but you're very quick to jump down the throat of other musos.
I remember something about your tutor saying you was 'the best ever' or something.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Any proof?
You've never submitted one thing on here in all the time I've seen your name but you're very quick to jump down the throat of other musos.
I remember something about your tutor saying you was 'the best ever' or something.

so you make up **** aswell do you now?

i dont have to proove anything to a forum, do you know what your talking about? and wheres your proof, all i see is a pub rock covers band.

my drum teacher said im one of the best he teaches, not the best ever, get your facts straight first.

Man of Honour
Neon said:
i dont have to proove anything to a forum, do you know what your talking about? and wheres your proof, all i see is a pub rock covers band.

my drum teacher said im one of the best he teaches, not the best ever, get your facts straight first.

Seeing that I started in 1970, played in Showaddywaddy, played in Chuck Berry's backing band, been all over Europe gigging in different bands, engineered for a PA company that mixed the likes of Duran Duran, Eurythmics, Human League, Depeche Mode and a 1000 others, engineered in recording studios with the likes of Leo Sayer, Sweet Sensation etc and at present playing in quite a successful local covers band then YES, I know what I'm talking about. Its called experience and I've had 38 years of it boy, man and old man. However, unlike some I am learning all the time.

Funny, my daughters drum teacher tells her she's the best he teaches but he tells that to everybody.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Seeing that I started in 1970, played in Showaddywaddy, played in Chuck Berry's backing band, been all over Europe gigging in different bands, engineered for a PA company that mixed the likes of Duran Duran, Eurythmics, Human League, Depeche Mode and a 1000 others, engineered in recording studios with the likes of Leo Sayer, Sweet Sensation etc and at present playing in quite a successful local covers band then YES, I know what I'm talking about. Its called experience and I've had 38 years of it boy, man and old man. However, unlike some I am learning all the time.

Funny, my daughters drum teacher tells her she's the best he teaches but he tells that to everybody.

funny your daughter is how old and has been playing and gigging for how long?

12 years playing, 10 years giggin? i dont think so.

Man of Honour
Neon said:
funny your daughter is how old and has been playing and gigging for how long?

12 years playing, 10 years giggin? i dont think so.

You're not worth debating with until you bring something to the table.
You've heard me and I want to hear you.

And can some kind Don clear this crap up please?

Soldato
dmpoole said:
You're not worth debating with until you bring something to the table.
You've heard me and I want to hear you.

And can some kind Don clear this crap up please?

so what were all finding out how big are e-penises are now, by posting what we can do? in no way did i slate anyone, i just said if you cant play drums with one pedal then theres something wrong but you took offense, because it was someone from your area, as per usual.

Man of Honour
Hold on.....
dmpoole said:
That reminds me.
How times change.
neon said:

So Dmpoole said it is possible to play well with one.... and so does neon... and now you are arguing?!

You are both idiots :p

To further my point.....
neon said:
dmpoole said:
what the hell! Silly people... :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom