• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
Nitefly said:
Hold on.....
So Dmpoole said it is possible to play well with one.... and so does neon... and now you are arguing?!

You are both idiots :p

To further my point.....

what the hell! Silly people... :p

so why did he have a go at me :(

Soldato
*Steps into debate, dodges comeback*

Look what I've just bought :D

piano14bb.jpg

My mum agreed to buy it from someone for £150 when she was drunk, but she has no money. So I took it off him for £150. Bargain :cool:.

*Runs away unscathed*

Man of Honour
Nitefly said:
Indeed, I await his reply ;)

He was making a point that you can't play 16ths powerfully with one foot but i suggest he goes back to the old school and listen to the likes of Ian Paice and John Bonham who did it before double bass drum kits were thought of let alone double pedals.
He also made a sweeping statement that drummers who can't play with one pedal can't be very good.
A lot of drummers have grown up only playing with two pedals so suddenly having one in front of you will be a bit of a shock.

neon is quite good at criticising but no one on here as heard him do anything even though he's made lots of claims. In the past others have asked to hear him but he avoids the subject.

fuz

fuz

Associate
Bonham on Good Times Bad Times = :D

Anyway back onto the thread topic, got a mode four ordered so i'll try and get some pics up soon

Soldato
dmpoole said:
He was making a point that you can't play 16ths powerfully with one foot but i suggest he goes back to the old school and listen to the likes of Ian Paice and John Bonham who did it before double bass drum kits were thought of let alone double pedals.
He also made a sweeping statement that drummers who can't play with one pedal can't be very good.
A lot of drummers have grown up only playing with two pedals so suddenly having one in front of you will be a bit of a shock.

neon is quite good at criticising but no one on here as heard him do anything even though he's made lots of claims. In the past others have asked to hear him but he avoids the subject.

i dont avoid the subject at all, dont be pethetic i avoid the fact of making an argument... and i dont want to proove to any of you how good i am, whats it proove theres probably people better than me on this forum unlike you i dont get my penis out and start waving it around showing how big it is.

Soldato
or how small.

But going back to what dmpoole said about double bass kits not being around when bonham was playing... Ginger Baker in Cream played with a double bass kit and that was before Bonham :).

Man of Honour
Neon said:
and i dont want to proove to any of you how good i am, whats it proove theres probably people better than me on this forum unlike you i dont get my penis out and start waving it around showing how big it is.

Most people are better than me on here but you will never hear me **** anybody off or put anybody down who is making an attempt to play an instrument (except the kids playing Final Countdown). If you're in a position to **** others off then you should be in a position to show why you can **** them off.
ArmyOfHarmony (guitar), Arty (piano), GordyR (songwriting, production) can walk circles over everybody in here but you never see them once say anything bad about another muso.
So yes, if you put people down then you'd better start waving your penis or else we will all think you haven't got one.

naffa said:
But going back to what dmpoole said about double bass kits not being around when bonham was playing... Ginger Baker in Cream played with a double bass kit and that was before Bonham :).

You'll probably find them further back than that. I was just making a point that drummers played 16ths with power way back before somebody decided two pedals would be EASIER.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
You'll probably find them further back than that. I was just making a point that drummers played 16ths with power way back before somebody decided two pedals would be EASIER.
Oh right fair enough. I know you probally know more than me about this one :p.

EDIT: and most others come to think of it...

Soldato
dmpoole said:

with "power" what do you do you mean by that, you talking about the fact that its as powerful as playing with a double because thats what im getting at.

Associate
Well, this *used* to be the pictures thread. Seems like an awful lot of nothing-but-text posts in that last two pages. I feel obliged to post another picture to drag this thread kicking and screaming back on topic...

Artsy shot of the fretboard

And an equally artistic ( :p ) shot of the middle pickup. Yes, I was bored when I took these pictures. :)

I know the focus is a little off in the second pic, but meh, this isn't the photography forum. :p

Man of Honour
tTz said:
Well, this *used* to be the pictures thread. Seems like an awful lot of nothing-but-text posts in that last two pages. I feel obliged to post another picture to drag this thread kicking and screaming back on topic...

Agree and perhaps Big Kev can delete the crap but can you give more details of your pics because they don't make sense.

Associate
dmpoole said:
Agree and perhaps Big Kev can delete the crap but can you give more details of your pics because they don't make sense.

What about them doesn't make sense? If you look at previous pages you can see that I own an Ibanez RG550, and it's not exactly rocket science to work out that's the guitar in the pics. I'll go back and edit it if that's what you refer to as not making sense though. :)

@ Andelusion: that's an old picture, I was just trying to get the thread back on track. It's much cleaner now. ;)

Back
Top Bottom